Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 08:18 PM

11,908 posts, read 3,737,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Jimmie. Basically, the parable concerns the rejection of Jesus by the Jews who were the original recipients of the invitation, and the resulting invitation to all who would come, both Jews and Gentiles alike.
Agreed
Quote:

As for the man who was not properly dressed and was thrown out into the outer darkness, how did he even get into the wedding feast at all? Well, this is a parable and all the details in a parable can't be pressed too literally and so it is perhaps better to leave the symbolism at this point in the parable a bit vague. Perhaps the symbolism refers to the man not being dressed with the righteousness of Christ. The main point was that he was not acceptable to be at the wedding feast and was rejected.

I think it relates to this:- Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God is patient, but He will not tolerate wickedness forever (Obadiah 1:15). His judgment will come upon those who reject His offer of salvation. Considering what that salvation cost Jesus, is not this judgment well deserved (see Hebrews 10:29-31)?

29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

https://www.gotquestions.org/parable-wedding-feast.html
This says God will judge his people and just because Christianity say they are doing God’s will it does not mean they are......
Quote:
Isn’t that what I said?
Jimmie, it depends on where you think this kingdom is, and what it’s purpose is, and how it comes about.

I believe that the ‘kingdom of God’ ‘kingdom of heaven’ is the rule of heaven over the earth. What a lot of Christians think is that the kingdom is “heaven”. but the new covenant is about the promises given to Abraham, and has never changed from that.

So the Jews were told by Jesus that others go into the kingdom before them, Christians are the embassadors/messengers of the new covenant. The Christian church is meant to wash their clothes to participate in the kingdom that was taken away from the Jews (for a time until they repent)

I also believe that these things are about the systems, organisations, governments etc which are to rule in righteousness. That is what the kingdom is about ......... the new covenant is with THE HOUSE OF JUDAH/AND THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL, to rule over the earth.

this is the ‘wedding feast’ of the lamb ..... Adam/Eve. Man/Woman. King/priest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 08:32 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Agreed

I think it relates to this:- Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

This says God will judge his people and just because Christianity say they are doing God’s will it does not mean they are......

Jimmie, it depends on where you think this kingdom is, and what it’s purpose is, and how it comes about.

I believe that the ‘kingdom of God’ ‘kingdom of heaven’ is the rule of heaven over the earth. What a lot of Christians think is that the kingdom is “heaven”. but the new covenant is about the promises given to Abraham, and has never changed from that.

So the Jews were told by Jesus that others go into the kingdom before them, Christians are the embassadors/messengers of the new covenant. The Christian church is meant to wash their clothes to participate in the kingdom that was taken away from the Jews (for a time until they repent)

I also believe that these things are about the systems, organisations, governments etc which are to rule in righteousness. That is what the kingdom is about ......... the new covenant is with THE HOUSE OF JUDAH/AND THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL, to rule over the earth.

this is the ‘wedding feast’ of the lamb ..... Adam/Eve. Man/Woman. King/priest
The wedding feast of the Lamb is spoken of as a future event, in Rev. 19.

Revelation 19:7–10
7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for athe marriage of the Lamb has come,
and bhis Bride has made herself ready;
8 cit was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is dthe righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said2 to me, “Write this: eBlessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, f“These are the true words of God.” 10 Then gI fell down at his feet to worship him, hbut he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to ithe testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
The wedding feast of the Lamb is spoken of as a future event, in Rev. 19.

Revelation 19:7–10
7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for athe marriage of the Lamb has come,
and bhis Bride has made herself ready;
8 cit was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is dthe righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said2 to me, “Write this: eBlessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, f“These are the true words of God.” 10 Then gI fell down at his feet to worship him, hbut he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to ithe testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
I agree, I think where we don’t agree is the purpose of the wedding

Old 04-13-2018, 11:06 PM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Again, everyone speaking of any parable should know the 7 feasts and the 8th days of Christ, they should know everything said and everything done by the priests at the comings and goings of the temple.

You are all speaking of feasts of Judaism and things most people are reluctant to even study then, or admit the righteousness of doing so into.

Passover created a bride from the body of a Jew and this is the blood and water, then came Pentecost as a betrothal and we wait upon the wedding and the feast, the consummation, the child born, and a circumcision and these are all Jewish feasts that nobody wants to learn but that everyone wants to talk about. Revelation is STRICTLY the fall Jewish feasts and people are always quoting traditions, rituals, prayers of the Torah cycle, duties of the priests and EXACT dates these things are set and appointed to happen, and people are still not interesting in learning a book they love to quote from but know nothing about.

Do you really know or want to know every scripture of the wedding feast to get a good opinion about what actually takes place?

Learn Rosh Hashanah, learn Yom Kippur, Learn Sukkot.

God is no doubt preparing a great feast and guess what, you might just be the first freaking course.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:12 AM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Exactly what day is this? There are enough exact saying and things done to pinpoint the exact day of this great feast.

The Return of the Son of Man
…27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Revelation
Rejoicing in Heaven
1And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 2For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. 3And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever. 4And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. 5And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

What happens at the marriage?

The Marriage of the Lamb
6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. 10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
The Rider on the White Horse
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Defeat of the Beast and False Prophet
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The Slaughter of Gog's Armies
…16"And even the name of the city will be Hamonah. So they will cleanse the land."' 17"As for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every kind of bird and to every beast of the field, "Assemble and come, gather from every side to My sacrifice which I am going to sacrifice for you, as a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel, that you may eat flesh and drink blood. 18"You will eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, as though they were rams, lambs, goats and bulls, all of them fatlings of Bashan.…

Job 39:30
"His young ones also suck up blood; And where the slain are, there is he."

Habakkuk 1:8
"Their horses are swifter than leopards And keener than wolves in the evening. Their horsemen come galloping, Their horsemen come from afar; They fly like an eagle swooping down to devour.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I agree, I think where we don’t agree is the purpose of the wedding
To unite Christ with His bride (the church) and take her to the Father’s house, to live together forever.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
"What is the meaning of the Parable of the Wedding Feast?"

11 “But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, 12 and he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?’ And the man was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”
If, you are looking over the "dinner quests," then you are counting the cost. I had a homeless family come into our reception, and I was happy to give them something to eat. If anyone would have attempted to "throw them out," they would not have been a part of the wedding party.

Last edited by Jerwade; 04-14-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-14-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
To unite Christ with His bride (the church) and take her to the Father’s house, to live together forever.
But the context of the scriptures is Abraham who is the father of many nations

The purpose of marriage is children

The healing of the nations

Christianity is wrong where they say the purpose is to go to heaven .... the purpose of the kingdom is to save the world..... for God so LOVED THE WORLD that he gave his OWN son

The children of disobedience come under wrath (Babylon) because they take the kingdom for themselves

The Righteous Shall Live by His Faith

Hab 2:2 And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
Hab 2:3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
Hab 2:4 “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.
Hab 2:5 “Moreover, wine is a traitor, an arrogant man who is never at rest. His greed is as wide as Sheol; like death he has never enough. He gathers for himself all nations and collects as his own all peoples.”
Woe to the Chaldeans

Hab 2:6 Shall not all these take up their taunt against him, with scoffing and riddles for him, and say, “Woe to him who heaps up what is not his own— for how long?— and loads himself with pledges!”
Hab 2:7 Will not your debtors suddenly arise, and those awake who will make you tremble? Then you will be spoil for them.
Hab 2:8 Because you have plundered many nations, all the remnant of the peoples shall plunder you, for the blood of man and violence to the earth, to cities and all who dwell in them.
Hab 2:9 “Woe to him who gets evil gain for his house, to set his nest on high, to be safe from the reach of harm!
Hab 2:10 You have devised shame for your house by cutting off many peoples; you have forfeited your life.
Hab 2:11 For the stone will cry out from the wall, and the beam from the woodwork respond.
Hab 2:12 “Woe to him who builds a town with blood and founds a city on iniquity!
Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not from the LORD of hosts that peoples labor merely for fire, and nations weary themselves for nothing?
Hab 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
Hab 2:15 “Woe to him who makes his neighbors drink— you pour out your wrath and make them drunk, in order to gaze at their nakedness!
Hab 2:16 You will have your fill of shame instead of glory. Drink, yourself, and show your uncircumcision! The cup in the LORD's right hand will come around to you, and utter shame will come upon your glory!

This is talking about the systems that rule the earth in unrighteousness, they will come to an end

The people who are Gods love just like God loves and will give up their lives for the world. If you keep your life, you will lose it.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
But the context of the scriptures is Abraham who is the father of many nations

The purpose of marriage is children

The healing of the nations

Christianity is wrong where they say the purpose is to go to heaven .... the purpose of the kingdom is to save the world..... for God so LOVED THE WORLD that he gave his OWN son

The children of disobedience come under wrath (Babylon) because they take the kingdom for themselves

The Righteous Shall Live by His Faith

Hab 2:2 And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
Hab 2:3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
Hab 2:4 “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.
Hab 2:5 “Moreover, wine is a traitor, an arrogant man who is never at rest. His greed is as wide as Sheol; like death he has never enough. He gathers for himself all nations and collects as his own all peoples.”
Woe to the Chaldeans

Hab 2:6 Shall not all these take up their taunt against him, with scoffing and riddles for him, and say, “Woe to him who heaps up what is not his own— for how long?— and loads himself with pledges!”
Hab 2:7 Will not your debtors suddenly arise, and those awake who will make you tremble? Then you will be spoil for them.
Hab 2:8 Because you have plundered many nations, all the remnant of the peoples shall plunder you, for the blood of man and violence to the earth, to cities and all who dwell in them.
Hab 2:9 “Woe to him who gets evil gain for his house, to set his nest on high, to be safe from the reach of harm!
Hab 2:10 You have devised shame for your house by cutting off many peoples; you have forfeited your life.
Hab 2:11 For the stone will cry out from the wall, and the beam from the woodwork respond.
Hab 2:12 “Woe to him who builds a town with blood and founds a city on iniquity!
Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not from the LORD of hosts that peoples labor merely for fire, and nations weary themselves for nothing?
Hab 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
Hab 2:15 “Woe to him who makes his neighbors drink— you pour out your wrath and make them drunk, in order to gaze at their nakedness!
Hab 2:16 You will have your fill of shame instead of glory. Drink, yourself, and show your uncircumcision! The cup in the LORD's right hand will come around to you, and utter shame will come upon your glory!

This is talking about the systems that rule the earth in unrighteousness, they will come to an end

The people who are Gods love just like God loves and will give up their lives for the world. If you keep your life, you will lose it.
The purpose of Christianity is to be saved from the penalty of sin. The result is peace with God, in this life and eternity.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
The purpose of Christianity is to be saved from the penalty of sin. The result is peace with God, in this life and eternity.
You will not sin or miss the mark, if you follow the commandments to love God and one-another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity