Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:19 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,229,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is what it means. Those people received Him and believed in His name, and they became His children. They acknowledged Him as the savior, repented their sins and were saved. Do not hesitate the read the verses about the thief on the cross, or the wedding parable. The odd thing is that this has been discussed to no end and Jerwade and yourself still dont know what it means.

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."

Jesus also talked about being born again. What does that mean? It is mentioned above. You are born of God. It is also explained below. You become a new person.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation"

So, now you know what is means to be saved. You become a child of God and you are "in Christ". You are reconciled to God.
Crosby, Stills & Nash 1:1 Well I came upon a child of god, he was walking along the rode, and I asked him, Tell me, where you going, This he told me. Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm, gonna join in a rock and roll band. Got to get back to the land and set my soul free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 09:27 AM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
We are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Genesis has inspired magnificent art, no doubt about it.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:30 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I find this to be somewhat of a hit job on what the writer calls "Fundies". It would appear he/she is a universalist or a liberal Christian that is simply trying to attack another stance. Frankly, if a "Fundie" were to write such an article that got posted here, I'm quite confident people would howl.

Just a few thoughts:

1. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" believe that the KJV is God's inspired translation.

2. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" think Jack Chick is the greatest writer ever, after the apostle Paul.

3. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" live in a state of fear of hell or desire to go to Heaven. The recognize that God has a purpose for them on earth (The Great Commission).

Old 05-16-2018, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Crosby, Stills & Nash 1:1 Well I came upon a child of god, he was walking along the rode, and I asked him, Tell me, where you going, This he told me. Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm, gonna join in a rock and roll band. Got to get back to the land and set my soul free.

1969 was a great year. I turned 18, music was really happening, bras were annoying encumbrances, and consciousnesses were going cosmic.

Now, 49 years later, things have changed some. But I haven't - except, perhaps, outwardly - a little.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,817,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I find this to be somewhat of a hit job on what the writer calls "Fundies". It would appear he/she is a universalist or a liberal Christian that is simply trying to attack another stance. Frankly, if a "Fundie" were to write such an article that got posted here, I'm quite confident people would howl.

Just a few thoughts:

1. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" believe that the KJV is God's inspired translation.

2. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" think Jack Chick is the greatest writer ever, after the apostle Paul.

3. Not all of those you'd call "Fundie" live in a state of fear of hell or desire to go to Heaven. The recognize that God has a purpose for them on earth (The Great Commission).
That’s just a tactic our liberal friends use to make universalism look better. No believer should live in fear of Hell. Jesus took care of things.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
From the concequesce of not being saved. Jesus taught we are condemned already, so either you are saved or condemned. Why did you edit my post?
Saved from what? Why do you have a hard time telling us what you “think” Jesus saved you from? The same question goes to Omega, Jimmie and Baptist Fundy.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
From the concequesce of not being saved. Jesus taught we are condemned already, so either you are saved or condemned. Why did you edit my post?
This is you again showing you don’t know what the scripture teaches.

If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20

Here it says it is our heart that condemns us, so the condemnation on us already is our own condemnation or the condemnation placed on us by someone like minded to you who believes God is the condemner, even though Jesus taught he was not sent to condemn but to lift that condemnation, further verified by John who said God who you believe is behind condemnation, is greater than the condemnation we place on ourselves.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Saved from what? Why do you have a hard time telling us what you “think” Jesus saved you from? The same question goes to Omega, Jimmie and Baptist Fundy.
Saved from God's judgment. The punishment after his judgment is hell. The Bible does explicitly state that Jesus is our propitiation. It's why John cried out "The Lamb of God" about Jesus -- because in their culture, lambs were sacrificed to cover sin. We've told you this and you keep pretending we haven't.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Saved from God's judgment. The punishment after his judgment is hell. The Bible does explicitly state that Jesus is our propitiation. It's why John cried out "The Lamb of God" about Jesus -- because in their culture, lambs were sacrificed to cover sin. We've told you this and you keep pretending we haven't.
I noticed the absence of scripture that says you are saved from God’s judgement to eternal hell for the unbeliever. No you have not told me this, omega tried the saved from the wrath of God on me, Jimmie like you no scripture,Florida fundy although he is very vocal about his political views is quiet as a church mouse nowadays about his bible beliefs.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:31 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
I've heard you from the get-go.

Fundies believe Other People are going to spend an eternity getting toasted because they didn't say the Magic Words To Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity