Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 01:51 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
This is your mission for today. Please tell us the 5 qualifications for "everlasting punishment" according to the Lord Jesus Christ? If you need help go to got answers.
No need to do that as you have already posted them (pointlessly, I may add).

Old 07-01-2021, 01:53 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Believing that the contradiction-riddled Bible is the word of God instead of Jesus Christ is the sign of a non-believer in Christ!
Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).

Old 07-01-2021, 02:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Last time, when searching - found that there were over 220 verses that mentions all being saved.

You really should read your bible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You have misinterpreted those verses.

The Bible doesn't contradict itself.
The ignorance you display is not surprising.

Quote:
Says the one who regularly practices an abomination and contends that doing so is a reason for positive pride..
You really should not be making false accusations, not very Christian of you.

Old 07-01-2021, 02:32 AM

Quote:
If going to hell is only temporal, then it is a mere slap on the wrist.

Why then, would it be more profitable to lose your hand or eye (Matthew 5:29-30) than to be cast into hell?

It seems to me like losing your hand or eye is rather permanent.

How then is the unpermanent punishment of hell worse than losing your hand or eye?
I believe it would be better to loose a hand or an eye, rather than being dead and tossed into a garbage dump?

Old 07-01-2021, 02:38 AM

Quote:
I would not rather teach a lie.

The doctrine of eternal torments is no lie (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

If I could honestly believe in Universalism, I would do it in a heartbeat. Who doesn't want to believe that God will save everyone?

Unfortunately, that is not the truth.

We must tell the truth that all will not be saved in order that we might save those who can be saved.

If everyone goes to heaven, then there is no hell to be saved from;

And therefore the term "saved" really has no meaning.

But because there is a hell, to be saved from it means something profound...that I will not suffer the eternal torments that I deserve because Jesus paid the penalty for my sin...He died in my place.

Opportunity to receive this will end at the moment of physial death (Hebrews 9:27).

You have been warned.

Unbelief concerning these things will only serve to put you out of the kingdom if you never receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour because of it.

You will be found to be an unbeliever and John 3:16, Daniel 12:2 tells us that you will perish eternally.

In Daniel 12:2, everlasting (definition):

עוֹלָם ʻôwlâm, o-lawm'; or עֹלָם ʻôlâm; from H5956; properly, concealed, i.e. the vanishing point; generally, time out of mind (past or future), i.e. (practically) eternity; frequentatively, adverbial (especially with prepositional prefix) always:—alway(-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, (n-)) ever(-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Compare H5331, H5703.
Why don't you add a few more definitions or English words, while looking over the horizon?

Old 07-01-2021, 02:46 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
So, how does this information nullify the doctrine of everlasting punishment, in your opinion?

I think this must be the third time I have asked you this.

I got no answer from you the first two times.

Will you answer on the third?
You poor dear silly. The Lord Jesus Christ has clearly defined what are the conditions for "everlasting punishment", clearly and distinctly. How does it fit into your wee scope of despair?

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-01-2021 at 03:06 AM..

Old 07-01-2021, 03:01 AM

Quote:
So God did not require the sacrifice of another.
No, he did not require the sacrifice of another at least you got that right.

Old 07-01-2021, 04:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Rose, I'm not a universalist as you well know! I'm not sure what passage of scripture is considered to be the bread and butter of universalism. You guys have several of them. If you would find that passage of scripture and post it for me, I would like to give commentary on it.

Just whatever you may think is the best passage you guys have, send it on over, thank you!

Old 07-01-2021, 04:37 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Rose, I'm not a universalist as you well know! I'm not sure what passage of scripture is considered to be the bread and butter of universalism. You guys have several of them. If you would find that passage of scripture and post it for me, I would like to give commentary on it.

Just whatever you may think is the best passage you guys have, send it on over, thank you!
I'll lay the joking aside and expound in a professional manner, no cheap shots or funning around.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:44 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
If going to hell is only temporal, then it is a mere slap on the wrist.

Why then, would it be more profitable to lose your hand or eye (Matthew 5:29-30) than to be cast into hell?

It seems to me like losing your hand or eye is rather permanent.

How then is the unpermanent punishment of hell worse than losing your hand or eye?
Jesus was a Jew, He spoke in the manner of the Jew and taught in the manner of the Jew using things the Jews would understand. The Jews did not have the concept of hell that you believe in, Gehenna to them was a place of purification for up to 12 months. Yet you believe it is for eternity which is a pagan belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity