Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 06:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Two clanging cymbals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Psa 150:1, Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Psa 150:2, Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Psa 150:3, Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Psa 150:4, Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Psa 150:5, Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Psa 150:6, Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

The Way of Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:14 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
The Way of Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
See, now I made your judgment of me and Charlie to be more in the light.

You accuse us of not having the love of God, is that correct?

Perhaps you do not feel very loving towards me because I preach a message of hellfire and brimstone; and you project your own hatred of me onto me; because you want to believe that your hatred is actually what I feel in my heart.

It is not what I feel in my heart. I am contending and praying for your salvation.

If that isn't love, I don't know what is (not that I am tooting my own horn; but you have compelled me to boast; while the love that I have is not my own but is shed abroad in my heart through the Holy Ghost which is given to me).

Old 09-01-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The Way of Love

Quote:
See, now I made your judgment of me and Charlie to be more in the light.

You accuse us of not having the love of God, is that correct?

Perhaps you do not feel very loving towards me because I preach a message of hellfire and brimstone; and you project your own hatred of me onto me; because you want to believe that your hatred is actually what I feel in my heart.

It is not what I feel in my heart. I am contending and praying for your salvation.

If that isn't love, I don't know what is (not that I am tooting my own horn; but you have compelled me to boast; while the love that I have is not my own but is shed abroad in my heart through the Holy Ghost which is given to me).
Your ignorance and arrogance has no bounds!

Old 09-01-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

However, may the Lord abundantly bless you and receive you as a son.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
With all due respect, Jerwade, I would dare say that JBF has forgotten more about scripture than you have learned in your entire life! But yet he is the ignorant one?

Old 09-01-2021, 07:01 PM

It's true, one of my fears is that even that which I think that I have might be taken away from me.

Which is why I continually seek to replenish my knowledge by reading the word on a daily basis.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:25 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
It's true, one of my fears is that even that which I think that I have might be taken away from me.
Which is why I continually seek to replenish my knowledge by reading the word on a daily basis.
Doing the same thing over and over again out of fear and expecting a different outcome is insanity. Why do you refuse even to TRY to interpret the scriptures you know so well using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross???? The ONLY thing you can lose is the wrath of God and fear of loss but you will gain the love of God! For your own soul's welfare and peace of mind give it a try!

Old 09-01-2021, 07:33 PM

I DO interpret the holy scriptures through the Holy Sprit who is given to me.

But I don't sift through them as if I thought any of what is written might not actually be from God, as you do.

That would be an attempt to destroy the foundation and re-create it to my liking instead of building on the foundation already laid (see 1 Corinthians 3:11)..

Old 09-01-2021, 07:40 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Doing the same thing over and over again out of fear and expecting a different outcome is insanity. Why do you refuse even to TRY to interpret the scriptures you know so well using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross???? The ONLY thing you can lose is the wrath of God and fear of loss but you will gain the love of God! For your own soul's welfare and peace of mind give it a try!
He's not expecting a different outcome. Have you never met a true believer that felt he wasn't worthy of the things of God? Someone who is in debt to God for saving their soul, who walks in the light and is given more light and never feels worthy of it, but always thankful for anything from Him?

These are the ones that God pours out His Spirit and fills with knowledge for His Glory!

Old 09-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

However, may the Lord abundantly bless you and receive you as a son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
With all due respect, Jerwade, I would dare say that JBF has forgotten more about scripture than you have learned in your entire life! But yet he is the ignorant one?
Be careful, Charlie, he may end up pointing his three fingers at you, as he does to himself. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity