Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 10:13 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times

Advertisements

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us.' -Eph. 2:4

The Love of God is great. It is megas in degree & intensity, size & measure.

"It wasn’t so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It’s a wonder God didn’t lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us.

Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us.

He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah." -The Message-

Old 02-06-2020, 01:50 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Thank you for sharing, Birdy_56. God bless.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:52 AM

I read on another forum, that God will not violate our free wills by forcing us to come Him. These things come to my mind when I hear this.

How can God violate something that belongs to Him? Our wills, our lives ultimately belong to the Creator.

Ephesians says that He works all things according to His own will, so this means that even our wills are subject to His. He temporarily gives us the ability to reject Him but in the end, all will be made subject to Him. (Hebrews 1) He will subdue all things to Himself and this has nothing to do with violation of our wills. He is able to bring all wills into alignment with His Sovereign will.

He has every right to influence our wills for good.

Parents do this to their children. They model, teach, correct.

As a believer who holds to Christian Universalism, I believe that God does this and He does this effectively.

He has all wisdom and He knows exactly what to do.

It is not wrong for the Creator to effectively show everyone the error of his or her way.

It is not wrong for the Creator to remove all binders and blinders, to open all eyes to the truth.

It is not wrong for the Creator to persuade and convince all that they are lost and in need of a Savior.

It is not wrong for Him to destroy the sinner to change the sinner to heal the sinner.

If someone sets out to undertake a project and he or she successfully completes it, would we not say that the person is successful?

If someone makes plans to design a building and if all things work out the way that he or she intends, would we not say that the person is successful?

If a teacher creates a lesson plan and effectively teaches all students so that all of them learn what the teacher wanted them to learn, would we not say that the teacher was successful?

If God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world, to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus, and if all come to believe in Him and return to Him, would we not say that God was successful accomplishing what He wanted when He sent Jesus?

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

That is not wrong.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-07-2020 at 08:16 AM..

Old 02-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I read on another forum, that God will not violate our free wills by forcing us to come Him. These things come to my mind when I hear this.

How can God violate something that belongs to Him? Our wills, our lives ultimately belong to the Creator.

Ephesians says that He works all things according to His own will, so this means that even our wills are subject to His. He temporarily gives us the ability to reject Him but in the end, all will be made subject to Him. (Hebrews 1) He will subdue all things to Himself and this has nothing to do with violation of our wills. He is able to bring all wills into alignment with His Sovereign will.

He has every right to influence our wills for good.

Parents do this to their children. They model, teach, correct.

As a believer who holds to Christian Universalism, I believe that God does this and He does this effectively.

He has all wisdom and He knows exactly what to do.

It is not wrong for the Creator to effectively show everyone the error of his or way.

It is not wrong for the Creator to remove all binders and blinders, to open all eyes to the truth.

It is not wrong for the Creator to persuade and convince all that they are lost and in need of a Savior.

It is not wrong for Him to destroy the sinner to change the sinner to heal the sinner.

If someone set out to undertake a project and he or she successful complete it, would we not say that the person is successful?

If someone makes plans to design a building and if all things work out the way that he or she intended, would we not say that the person is successful?

If a teacher creates a lesson plan and effectively teaches all students so that all of them learn what the teacher wanted them to learn, would we not say that the teacher was successful?

If God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world, to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus, and if all come to believe in Him and return to Him, would we not say that God was successful accomplishing what He wanted when He sent Jesus?

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

That is not wrong.

God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Shana: I read that creation was made subject to futility "not willingly" but by "reason of Him". These wee wills of ours are destined to be swallowed up in the Will of all wills as the Author becomes the Finisher. Much blessing to you & all those who long for His consummation!

Old 02-07-2020, 08:19 AM

Amen, Birdy_56! God bless

Old 02-08-2020, 04:49 AM

Dear Shana: if much more blessing descends on me I will be totally enraptured.( LOL)

Salvation is an on-going experience in our Glorious Father in the past, present & future tenses. He calls it salvation, at-one-ment, change & transformation of the whole broken man (Adam1). The Last Adam meets the entire broken mass of mankind in the despair of Adam, with the "all the more" of His prevailing answer!

Adam1 = the many/polus "made sinners" >>>>Last Adam = the many/polus "made righteous".

This is the God equation, equal on both sides with "all the more" dominating in the Saviour of the all, the Lord Jesus Christ!

Last edited by Birdy_56; 02-08-2020 at 05:57 AM..

Old 02-08-2020, 03:00 PM

Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

This is the consummation of the Divine embrace as the Author brings everything back into Himself in perfect harmony and at-one-ment as the Finisher.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:31 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Why Universalism is NOT true:

“So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.”
**Exodus‬ *11:4-7‬ *NIV‬‬

Old 02-09-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Dear Shana: if much more blessing descends on me I will be totally enraptured.( LOL)

Salvation is an on-going experience in our Glorious Father in the past, present & future tenses. He calls it salvation, at-one-ment, change & transformation of the whole broken man (Adam1). The Last Adam meets the entire broken mass of mankind in the despair of Adam, with the "all the more" of His prevailing answer!

Adam1 = the many/polus "made sinners" >>>>Last Adam = the many/polus "made righteous".

This is the God equation, equal on both sides with "all the more" dominating in the Saviour of the all, the Lord Jesus Christ!

Amen, Birdy_56

Old 02-09-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why Universalism is NOT true:

“So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.”
**Exodus‬ *11:4-7‬ *NIV‬‬

Jesus died for both Israel and the Egyptians. It is His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. (Colossians 1) This is why Christian Universalism is true God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity