Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why Universalism is a LIE

"Unless you repent you will all likewise perish" -Jesus (Luke 13:3)

You must really hate humanity (yourself), or you have been brainwashed by the ruler's of religion through conformity and control? Of course, you will have to see yourself as an unrighteous sinner before you can actually receive salvation or deliverance? And, if you don't believe this, you will suffer forever and ever. Apparently, you have swallowed that lie, hook, line and sinker!

Old 02-11-2020, 06:21 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times
What is the meaning of propitiation?

What it is not= the appeasing of an angry deity.

Our word for today is hilaskomai.

The ghastly idea of propitiating an angry deity was used by the Greeks in making the gods propitious & something to be earned first. It is foreign in the N.T. & Septuagint Scriptures!

Hilaskomai actually means reconciliation, a covering as in the words kaphar & kopher, IOW our Father Abba's Mercy Seat.

His love & grace reaching out to enfold us into Himself.

"He is the at-one-ment for our sins & NOT for our sins ONLY but for the sins of the whole world."

Hilasmos = atonement

We have a Priest-Friend in the Presence of Abba. He has solved the sin problem for good, not only ours, but the sins of the whole/pas world.

Jesus Christ is the hilasmos of the holos!

Old 02-11-2020, 03:57 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Why you should STOP teaching Universalism

Jesus' teaching indicates that most of humanity is on a broad path that leads to destruction. "'Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, "Lord, Lord, open for us," and He will answer and say to you, "I do not know you, where you are from. ... Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity"'" (Luke 13:24-27).

Old 02-11-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Jesus' teaching indicates that most of humanity is on a broad path that leads to destruction. "'Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, "Lord, Lord, open for us," and He will answer and say to you, "I do not know you, where you are from. ... Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity"'" (Luke 13:24-27).
James: The entire radical pas WILL come, every last broken and bruised sinner.

Your word for today as you head into your closet = helkuo

I will draw/ drag off in power/impel all unto Me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Old 02-11-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Depart from me, all you workers of eternal punishment and damnation.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:25 PM

Repent now! Don’t be fooled by the lie of Universalism.

Scripture teaches that there is unending, eternal judgment for those who do not know God and who do not respond in faith to the gospel. "The Lord Jesus [will be] revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power" (2 Thess. 1:7-9).

Old 02-11-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Repent now! Don’t be fooled by the lie of Universalism.

Scripture teaches that there is unending, eternal judgment for those who do not know God and who do not respond in faith to the gospel. "The Lord Jesus [will be] revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power" (2 Thess. 1:7-9).
The rule of conformity and control through that of fear is baseless, having no foundation.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:34 AM

What we do see is Jesus, made “not quite as high as angels,” and then, through the experience of death, crowned so much higher than any angel, with a glory “bright with Eden’s dawn light.” In that death, by God’s grace, he fully experienced death in every person’s place.

It makes good sense that the God who got everything started and keeps everything going now completes the work by making the Salvation Pioneer perfect through suffering as he leads all these people to glory. Since the One who saves and those who are saved have a common origin, Jesus doesn’t hesitate to treat them as family, saying,

I’ll tell my good friends, my brothers and sisters, all I know about you; I’ll join them in worship and praise to you. -The Message-

Old 02-12-2020, 09:02 AM

Have you believed?

Rather than teaching that those without faith in Christ are already saved, the Bible teaches that they are already under judgment. Faith in Christ brings us out of condemnation and into right relationship with God. "'He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God'" (John 3:18).

Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Have you believed?

Rather than teaching that those without faith in Christ are already saved, the Bible teaches that they are already under judgment. Faith in Christ brings us out of condemnation and into right relationship with God. "'He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God'" (John 3:18).
I am saddened that you think so little of our God that you think He is so petty that if we do not believe the right things about Jesus and God that He would harm us in any way. We are saved by what Jesus accomplished for us NOT by anything we believe or do. We can have faith in that by just believing that Jesus did not lie. All the specific "precepts and doctrines of men" promoted by various religions are irrelevant. The instructions of Jesus to His disciples are what is relevant -- love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity