Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2020, 07:28 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you for the song - it inspired me to start up again ...just sitting and listening to 3-4 songs
in the morning just absorbing like-hearted people praising God.
I find they can't praise God unless they have a reason - and that is what comes across and is communicated,
when you have your receiver tuned into the frequency it's broadcasting on...it 'sends me'---a very old expression.
Looked it up - Sam Cooke's, You Send Me, '57
Music that glorifies God always lifts my soul, Miss Hepburn. Yes, it does send me, just like you God bless.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:39 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
For anyone who is weary, one day sin and death will no more have dominion,
Keep turning your eyes upon Jesus, stay focused on Him...

God bless..
ShanaBrown what a bright spot you are! With the rest of the groaning creation I am weary & a part of the group described by that remarkable saint of Abba, Brennan Manning who writes of the three B's.

The bedraggled, beat up & burnt out.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:41 AM

Death & destruction are not eternal.

"Jesus knew that John 3:16 was not the end of the story…that’s why He continued to John 3:17 and talked about the salvation of all mankind.

Jesus makes no attempt to use verse 16 to negate or qualify verse 17. He simply makes both statements side by side as if both are completely true. The reason He does this is that both are completely true.

We see this over and over in Scripture, especially in the writings of Paul – a statement about people who have faith now (maybe a warning or exhortation or encouragement about the benefits of taking part in the kingdom of God a.k.a. the next two ages of life on earth right next to a statement about how Christ accomplished the justification of all men. See Romans 3:23-24 and 5:18 and their contexts for example. This is no big deal; none of these statements negate, qualify (change), or contradict each other, because both concepts are 100% true. Some will be saved from death early and take part in the kingdom of God, and everyone else will be saved from death later.

To attempt to use some statements (about those who get saved early) to negate the others statements (about the eventual salvation of all) is to butcher the common sense rules of language and communication. We would never do this to each other in everyday communication; the only reason people try to do it to Jesus and Paul is because they cannot bring themselves to believe the plain statements about the eventual salvation of all mankind.

If I said to my kids, “Those of you who help me clean the yard today will get to go to a movie with me tomorrow, and next week I will take the rest of you to a movie,” I have made it very clear that all the kids will eventually go to the movies. My two statements do not contradict each other or negate each other in any way. This is the exact same thing Jesus does in John 3:16 and 17 – He makes two equally true statements. Yet “hell mindset” Christians try to make one statement negate the other in order to fit their preconceived inherited ideas." -Kenneth Larsen-

What about how the Bible says that those who do not believe will perish or be destroyed?

What Does it Mean to “Perish?”

https://www.tentmaker.org/FAQ/perish.htm

Old 02-04-2020, 04:55 AM

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him."

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Last edited by Birdy_56; 02-04-2020 at 05:49 AM..

Old 02-04-2020, 05:34 PM

Thank you, Birdy_56 Hope you are having a great day God bless.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:06 PM

"There are many scriptures, too numerous to mention here, which ascertain and confirm that GOD IS WORKING ALL THINGS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL-Eph.1:11; Dan.4:35; Isa.46:10,11. etc.

Either God is omnipotent in all things concerning His decreed will for His creation, or He is not. If not, then man can control God. There can only be one Sovereign. There is only one Sovereign and it most certainly is not man! Hypothetically, not one person in this world may have been saved or could ever be saved if it was left up to the will of man. On the other hand, if God’s will is omnipotent, sovereign and supreme, our negative opinions and choices cannot ultimately prevail.

It is simply a matter of due time [His time], till it be testified and made manifest and evident that all men come into the saving knowledge of the truth..."-1Tim:2:4-6. G. Sigler

Old 02-04-2020, 09:12 PM

The idea that some people will reject God forever in an eternal hell contradicts the realization that God has all power and that He is able to persuade all hearts, convince all people of their need for Him in the end. What is believed to be the free will of man is really self will subject to sin and death. Whoever commits sin is a slave to sin until the Son sets the person free. Jesus will set all people free in the end when He abolishes sin and death. No one will remain under the power of sin and death.

"It is absurd to think that our Almighty Gods' purpose in the salvation and restoration of ALL THINGS, can be at all controlled, changed, altered, or in any way fashioned by the relatively puny and insignificant will of His own creation. Because, after all, "WHO CAN RESIST HIS WILL?" Rom.9:19. Except for His mercy and grace, we are nothing. It seems that the so called absolute power of the human will has almost become man's own god...G. Sigler

This is sad but true. We are not our own god. We are not masters of our own fate. We have a God who will subject all to Himself. God bless.

God bless.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Thank you, Birdy_56 Hope you are having a great day God bless.
Shana: I have been contemplating the many stages of becoming in Him. Christians thru the various operations of His love & grace are carried into the realm of saints & reflecting Him. Out of these stages there are a rather lonely segment, because of the great cost, known as the overcomer, those who follow the Lamb in the withersoever. These make there way thru great distress to stand in the Mount with Him.

Make this a great day dear lady!

Old 02-05-2020, 08:48 AM

The Master of the Glory does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set is right once & for all.

The band-aid of the Law has been swallowed by the Spirit of the living & breathing God.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

https://www.bible.com/bible/97/ROM.8.msg

Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
The idea that some people will reject God forever in an eternal hell contradicts the realization that God has all power and that He is able to persuade all hearts, convince all people of their need for Him in the end. What is believed to be the free will of man is really self will subject to sin and death. Whoever commits sin is a slave to sin until the Son sets the person free. Jesus will set all people free in the end when He abolishes sin and death. No one will remain under the power of sin and death.

"It is absurd to think that our Almighty Gods' purpose in the salvation and restoration of ALL THINGS, can be at all controlled, changed, altered, or in any way fashioned by the relatively puny and insignificant will of His own creation. Because, after all, "WHO CAN RESIST HIS WILL?" Rom.9:19. Except for His mercy and grace, we are nothing. It seems that the so called absolute power of the human will has almost become man's own god...G. Sigler

This is sad but true. We are not our own god. We are not masters of our own fate. We have a God who will subject all to Himself. God bless.

God bless.
My dear lady: The word "limited" is found exactly once in Canon. Surprise, surprise, it is not the Unlimited One!

#1 -Rom. 11:36

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists and in Him everything ends."

Ta pavnte= the all things.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming. From Him ta pavnte comes, through Him ta pavnte exists, and in Him ta pavnte ends.

#2. -Eph. 1:-

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

The all things in the heavens, the all things in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one, the ta pavnte en/in Christ.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

#3 -Col. 1:20

"God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood...to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in heaven. And you..."

The all things (the ta pavnte) in the heavens, the all things (the ta pavnte) in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. God has purposed to reconcile the universe (the ta pavnte) to Himself. The ta pavnte/ the all, encompasses the ta pavnte on the earth and the ta pavnte in the heavens.

The ta pavnte= the all, the whole enchilada in Spanish.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity