Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes, every one is worthy of love. I'm trying my hardest not to do what you are saying. I'm sure others are trying too, but I can't speak for them. Show me any time where I have falsely accused you of being a Nazi or whatever, and I will apologize. I don't believe I have.
No, you have not called people nazis. My list was made up of examples coming from various posters who promote the gay agenda.

Posts like this are routine around here. They seem to be celebrating someone's inability to have children (not sure exactly what or who they are referring to). That is a personal attack, and far more hurtful than someone quoting Bible verses, but it is the norm here. It shows the double standard, because it seems to he ok to hurt people who disagree with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
BF, Finny and jeff NEED to hate. It's very sad. Disgusting and appalling and barbaric -- but sad. Especially for people in their daily orbit. At least one of them will never have children. That's a blessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Only one? That's too bad...
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
And the consequences of being a white, racist, Nazi member of god's own party may come back to bite your proverbial azz.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-05-2019 at 09:24 AM..

Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I guess morality is all in the eye of the one making the statement. I guess I value innocent life more than you.
You think LESS innocent life was taken in the past??? Really? You must not have ever read anything of history if you believe that.... Just because you see it all on the news nowadays doesn't mean there is more innocents losing their life.

Quote:
It does when we're discussing what a religion teaches. When I make the statement that it does teach, and has taught something for thousands of years, it establishes an historical context.
Yes, historical context, which has no bearing on truth or accuracy. I am taking a mythology course online right now, and there is a TON of historical context, but very little truth or accuracy.

Quote:
nate said the Bible doesn't teach it. I said it does. It was a discussion of the contents of the Bible. I referred to historical teaching as evidence of that. It would be the same as if I had claimed George Washington was a woman and you referred to someone's statement from 1776 to prove me wrong.
Okay, so you were basically just saying that the Bible has said murder is wrong for a long time?

Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you have not called people nazis. My list was made up of examples coming from various posters who promote the gay agenda.

Posts like this are routine around here. They are celebrating someone's inability to have children.
I mean, it was a joke from me, Finn... You may not find it funny, and that's fine. Lighten up.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You think LESS innocent life was taken in the past??? Really? You must not have ever read anything of history if you believe that.... Just because you see it all on the news nowadays doesn't mean there is more innocents losing their life.
There is one major topic that I am not allowed to talk about on this forum. As long as that issue goes on, you won't convince me that this generation is any better than a previous one.
Quote:

Yes, historical context, which has no bearing on truth or accuracy. I am taking a mythology course online right now, and there is a TON of historical context, but very little truth or accuracy. v
We weren't discussing physics. We were talking about what Christianity and the Bible teaches.
Quote:

Okay, so you were basically just saying that the Bible has said murder is wrong for a long time?
Yes. Along with other things.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

Posts like this are routine around here. They are celebrating someone's inability to have children.
Leave it to Mr. Twissssster to deliberately misconstrue my statement to make it sound like I'm mocking somebody's impotence.

Moderator cut: unnecessary personal remark

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-05-2019 at 09:08 AM..

Old 09-05-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
First of all, some people don't seem to be able to distinguish between someone calling someone names personally or making those comments about BEHAVIOR. It's odd, but I've come to see it's a popular tactic to try to pull on this thread, but it's kind of stupid to keep doing it when everyone can see that's not what's happening.
I am referring to direct personal attacks using the names in the list I mentioned, but then again you full well know that. For whatever reason you allow it as a mod, and when you post as a non-mod, you try to justify it, like you are doing right now.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
There is one major topic that I am not allowed to talk about on this forum. As long as that issue goes on, you won't convince me that this generation is any better than a previous one.
As long as you show your ignorance as to this topic, then you will never convince me you know your butt from a hole in the ground in regards to history, or "historical perspective".

Quote:
We weren't discussing physics. We were talking about what Christianity and the Bible teaches.
So you admit the Bible has very little truth or accuracy? Otherwise, this makes no sense.

Quote:
Yes. Along with other things.
Okay then. Fair enough.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I am referring to direct personal attacks using the names in the list I mentioned, but then again you full well know that. For whatever reason you allow it as a mod, and when you post as a non-mod, you try to justify it, like you are doing right now.
I will refer you to the TOS, since you seem to only care when you think you are being picked on..

"Discussing moderator actions is not allowed in the public forums."

Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I am referring to direct personal attacks using the names in the list I mentioned, but then again you full well know that. Moderator cut: edit comment on mod actions when you post as a non-mod, you try to justify it, like you are doing right now.
Somebody said YOU are a Nazi? Somebody said YOU are excrement?

Old 09-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Somebody said YOU are a Nazi? Somebody said YOU are excrement?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
And the consequences of being a white, racist, Nazi member of god's own party may come back to bite your proverbial azz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity