Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 12:09 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,888,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Does standing in a garage make you a car? Why do you believe attending a church service makes one a Christian? Jesus said we'd know who is and isn't a Christian based on the fruit we produce, not what we claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are projecting your own thoughts on others.

So you agree with Warden who seems to think that Christian churches are in charge of running those States and are to blame for their problems? Who do to you blame for issues in places where there are no churches?
So you two refuse to own that our shared religious heritage harbored the worst in racial discrimination in this country and that vestiges of it still exist?

11AM on Sunday morning is the most segregated hour of the week in the bible belt.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
So you two refuse to own that our shared religious heritage harbored the worst in racial discrimination in this country and that vestiges of it still exist? 11AM on Sunday morning is the most segregated hour of the week in the bible belt.
I understand if you are not comfortable answering the question.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,735,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are projecting your own thoughts on others.

So you agree with Warden who seems to think that Christian churches are in charge of running those States and are to blame for their problems? Who do to you blame for issues in places where there are no churches?
Are you trying to say that your religious group in the Bible belt isn't tied lock, stock, and barrel to politics?

People who smoke that horse hockey can get very high without any marijuana.

Quote:
the highest number of Evangelical Protestants in the United States are found in the states of Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississipi.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...opulation.html

Quote:
Just over half (55 percent) of evangelicals by belief live in the South.

While evangelicals all adhere to a similar set of religious doctrines, the way those doctrines are translated into the political arena are highly dependent on a number of variables. Clearly geography is one of those factors.

When one considers the reality that a New York evangelical is three times more likely to identify as a Strong Democrat than an evangelical from South Carolina, it becomes apparent that evangelicals do not all see the political world through the same lens.
https://religioninpublic.blog/2019/0...-on-the-state/

The difference is that in Bible Belt states, an evangelical is more likely to embrace a fundamentalist position and vote for fundamentalist politicians.

Evangelicals like Saintmarks are THINKING evangelicals who think more of Jesus than what the Bible dictates.

I understand if you aren't comfortable facing the truth. You never are.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-02-2019 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-02-2019, 12:54 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,615,651 times
Quote:
You're not Jesus.

But yes, we can all agree that the klan is horrible and no good. But it's interesting that you're all for free speech until it's something you disagree with. The point of the 1st Amendment is that even those you disagree with have a right to say what they want to say, or not say what you want them to say. Not so you can tell people what is right and wrong according to your whim.
I'm sure you know to be a klan member you have to acknowledge JC is your lord and savior.

It's right there in the application. remember?

Old 08-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The fundies won't admit it publicly but amongst themselves they would blame all that on the higher percentage of people with more melanin in their skin in those states.
Quote:
That is a bigoted, vile and racist remark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's just part of their pathetic tool belt. If all else fails, claim that we are racist which is incredibly offensive to a Bible believing Christian. One of the great joys of being a Christian is that I can have an instant bond with another believer of any race, culture or country. They are all my brothers and sisters in Christ.
BUZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

we have history on our side boys.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:02 PM

you guys recognize anyone?

Old 08-02-2019, 01:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Read the statistics. What facts have you got to disprove them. I've already provided nearly a dozen links to how the Bible Belt FAILS to uphold evangelical "values." Why is that BF? Why do you preach one thing, but your own people live a completely different story?

In fact, my view of punishment of the Bible Belt stats fits right in with someone I'm sure you praised when he came out with this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ptember11.usa9
You believe God withdraws protection from "nations" that violate His will? I believe it happens to states as well.

Stop being a hypocrite and wake up to the failure of your religion where it is strongest to help its own people.
You've done nothing to convince me that your comment was not vile, bigoted, and racist.

Fact is, this country left God a long time ago. And I see nothing to suggest that he's punishing any specific region in this nation. We see that on display adequately nationwide. I have no doubt that he's lifting his hand of protection and blessing from us as an entire nation, but to suggest that the South is being punished because of racism is disgusting.

But you are begging the question, accusing all southerners of being racist. That is a hateful, judgmental, bigoted remark. You are a disgusting human being if you refuse to repent of that. And I'm done with you. you'll get nothing more from me until I see an apology for your idiotic, rude, obnoxious statements and accusations.

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 08-02-2019 at 01:10 PM..

Old 08-02-2019, 01:06 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,140,408 times
Back to the topic, which is not racism, please.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
You've done nothing to convince me that your comment was not vile, bigoted, and racist.

Fact is, this country left God a long time ago. And I see nothing to suggest that he's punishing any specific region in this nation. We see that on display adequately nationwide.

But you are begging the question, accusing all southerners of being racist. That is a hateful, judgmental, bigoted remark. You are a disgusting human being if you refuse to repent of that. And I'm done with you. you'll get nothing more from me until I see an apology for your idiotic, rude, obnoxious statements and accusations.
Not all southerners are ignorant, racist bigots - just the Christian fundies.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:13 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
So you two refuse to own that our shared religious heritage harbored the worst in racial discrimination in this country and that vestiges of it still exist?

11AM on Sunday morning is the most segregated hour of the week in the bible belt.
So you blame white people for that? What do you expect them to do? Go and round up black people and physically drag them into church? I've never been in a church where anyone was not welcome, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, or otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity