Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 07:55 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I just gave you yesterday the scripture to assure us that God will preserve His Word. But that's not good enough for someone in denial, is it?
But you have none that will assure us that any of it IS the word of God since the ONLY one given that title is Jesus, certainly not 66 books of the Bible. Profitable or useful for instruction in righteousness in Timothy doesn't get it done, especially when that only referred to the existing OT!

Old 02-19-2021, 08:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,332,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you have none that will assure us that any of it IS the word of God since the ONLY one given that title is Jesus, certainly not 66 books of the Bible. Profitable or useful for instruction in righteousness in Timothy doesn't get it done, especially when that only referred to the existing OT!
You are saying exactly what the Atheists say, there's just not enough there to believe.

That's a sad commentary for someone who has claimed to be saved, very sad!

Old 02-19-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You are saying exactly what the Atheists say, there's just not enough there to believe.
That's a sad commentary for someone who has claimed to be saved, very sad!
Come on, Charlie. You know I am no atheist and that I believe there is plenty there to support the belief in God and Jesus. Christ is undoubtedly our Savior and exemplar of God's True Nature and I have the science to point to how it happens (not to mention my encounter that you deprecatingly call my dream). There is nothing sad about that. At least you picked the winning horse for your religion, Charlie.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Come on, Charlie. You know I am no atheist and that I believe there is plenty there to support the belief in God and Jesus. Christ is undoubtedly our Savior and exemplar of God's True Nature and I have the science to point to how it happens (not to mention my encounter that you deprecatingly call my dream). There is nothing sad about that. At least you picked the winning horse for your religion, Charlie.
There's only on way that Paul did it, and I see no other way either but to be perfectly honest on such an important issue.

If you have doubt that God can't keep His Word clean and pure as He said, you are going to struggle with that and there will be no relationship with Christ.

Now you can say or think whatever you want, but I've been around a long time and I'm telling you there can be no relationship with type faith.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
There's only on way that Paul did it, and I see no other way either but to be perfectly honest on such an important issue.
If you have doubt that God can't keep His Word clean and pure as He said, you are going to struggle with that and there will be no relationship with Christ.
Now you can say or think whatever you want, but I've been around a long time and I'm telling you there can be no relationship with type faith.
You are like a broken record and you keep repeating the same nonsense that I have told you is NOT the problem. You said:

"If you have doubt that God can't keep His Word clean and pure as He said, you are going to struggle with that and there will be no relationship with Christ."

I keep telling you I have no doubt that God COULD keep His word pure and clean, but there is no evidence that He DID and plenty of evidence that He DID NOT. I Use the descriptions, revelations, and unambiguous demonstration by Jesus of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit as agape love as my filter for the scriptures, Charlie. How can I NOT have a strong relationship with Christ????

Old 02-19-2021, 08:29 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
One of the great ironies of fundamentalist logic is they claim on the one hand that God can and does keep the Bible "pure", and then on the other they will rant and rail against most Bible versions out there except a very few they approve of, some of them only approving of one, the KJV.
Whatever the version, I would be skeptical as to the authenticity of any Bible that contained the word "homosexuality' or contained any similar references to homosexuality per se. We don't find the term "heterosexuality" in the Bible so there is no reason for "homosexuality" to be found there either.

As for the KJV ...I like the story as told by Bishop John Shelby Spong about a woman who was adamant that the KJV was the only Bible containing the true word of God. "If the King James version of the Bible was good enough for Jesus," she proclaimed loudly, "Then the King James version of the Bible is good enough for me!"

Old 02-19-2021, 08:36 PM

2,962 posts, read 868,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The question is rather odd as well as suspicious since it seems to imply that those supportive of LGBT people rather than being opposed to LGBT people must therefore be concealing the fact that they are LGBT themselves but are not admitting to this. IS this what you're implying, Iwasmadenew? Otherwise, the 'reason' you're asking for could be that people are not identifying as being LGBT because they are NOT LGBT. What say?
Hi Romulus. On other forums I've been on LGBT people seemed much more upfront about their sexuality. It was just matter of fact. Here, it's noticeably different and I'm just curious if anyone has any idea why. That's all there is to it. Nothing 'suspicious' going on. Just commenting on something I found different about this forum, compared to others.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:42 PM

1,799 posts, read 564,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I have been on other forums and have found that LGBT folks are much more open about how they identify than is the case on R&S it’s sub-forums. Is there a reason for this?

This is the second time you have asked this question. Do you know of any LGBT people here that are refusing to "identify" as gay or the rest of the alphabet salad it's becoming, and if so, how would you know if they are gay but aren't admitting it? Why should anyone need to come out and identify their sexual preferences here, even if they aren't bothered by others knowing them? I have never felt the need to "announce" my heterosexuality here in any discussion , so why would gays need to announce theirs?

You seem to be reaaallyy interested in this issue . Is there a reason why?

Old 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Romulus. On other forums I've been on LGBT people seemed much more upfront about their sexuality. It was just matter of fact. Here, it's noticeably different and I'm just curious if anyone has any idea why. That's all there is to it. Nothing 'suspicious' going on. Just commenting on something I found different about this forum, compared to others.
???? How exactly do you KNOW that any LGBTQ people on here are not being upfront about their sexuality????

Old 02-19-2021, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You are like a broken record and you keep repeating the same nonsense that I have told you is NOT the problem. You said:

"If you have doubt that God can't keep His Word clean and pure as He said, you are going to struggle with that and there will be no relationship with Christ."

I keep telling you I have no doubt that God COULD keep His word pure and clean, but there is no evidence that He DID and plenty of evidence that He DID NOT. I Use the descriptions, revelations, and unambiguous demonstration by Jesus of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit as agape love as my filter for the scriptures, Charlie. How can I NOT have a strong relationship with Christ????
Show me from scripture where you think God did not preserve His Word.

I guess you have some kind of example from scripture, to say "plenty of evidence He did not."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity