Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 10:37 AM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
The one who has brought the issue back up is asking if its time to move on? LOL. Why didn't you let it be then? Just had to get the last word in?

He clearly referenced the acronym in the title. Anyone who can read can tell that. He specifically referred to the title of the thread in his remark.

It does, of course , refer to the group, but the humor was directed at the acronym, not the group. So now we can agree to disagree
I think you identified the issue without knowing it. You see it as humor. Those of us long familiar with that poster know that it was no such thing. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was born without a sense of humor, just like some people are born with the tendency to same-sex attraction. I suppose Christians have to learn to accept those people, too...

Old 03-15-2021, 10:43 AM

1,799 posts, read 564,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you identified the issue without knowing it. You see it as humor. Those of us long familiar with that poster know that it was no such thing. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was born without a sense of humor, just like some people are born with the tendency to same-sex attraction. I suppose Christians have to learn to accept those people, too...

Humor, sarcasm, pointing out the silliness, however one wants to phrase it. I simply mean that the poster is poking fun/teasing at a silly acronym itself.

I mean, how can one not see some silliness when every couple of years a new letter has to be added for whatever latest new group has been self-discovered not to fit in one of the other 6-7 letters?

LBG
LBGT
LBGTQ
LBGTQI
LBGTQIA

Soon to be LBGTQIAP , then maybe XQYZ before we are done . And yes, I am poking fun at the acronym

Old 03-15-2021, 10:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Humor, sarcasm, pointing out the silliness, however one wants to phrase it. I simply mean that the poster is poking fun/teasing at a silly acronym itself.

I mean, how can one not see some silliness when every couple of years a new letter has to be added for whatever latest new group has been self-discovered not to fit in one of the other 6-7 letters?

LBG
LBGT
LBGTQ
LBGTQI
LBGTQIA

Soon to be LBGTQIAP , then maybe XQYZ before we are done . And yes, I am poking fun at the acronym
No, he wasn't, that is your perception of what you consider "silliness."
Nowhere, did the poster himself allude to the silliness, that has been you.

He is an opponent of those with a different sexual orientation, other than heterosexual.

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-15-2021 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-15-2021, 11:17 AM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:

LBG
LBGT
LBGTQ
LBGTQI
LBGTQIA

I think you missed my point, but it's OK. Not going to elaborate further. Carry on.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

He is an opponent of those with a different sexual orientation, other than heterosexual.

He referred to the “ sexual alphabet soup”, by which he meant the acronym in the title thread . You read what you wish into it I guess . I know he referred to the acronym in the title . Perhaps he can clarify it for you guys .

Why do you try so hard to be offended by a jab at the acronym?

Old 03-15-2021, 11:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
He referred to the “ sexual alphabet soup”, by which he meant the acronym in the title thread . You read what you wish into it I guess . I know he referred to the acronym in the title . Perhaps he can clarify it for you guys .

Why have you spent three pages belabouring what is, at best, a bad joke?

LGBT = alphabet soup.

Hardy-har-har. All the Bubba mouth-breathers will have gotten their yuks by now.

So can we stop wasting bandwidth now?

Old 03-15-2021, 11:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:

Personally, I am not offended as I am heterosexual, however you have merely given the poster a way to hide his derogatory remark, and the ignorance is yours, not mine. It is you who are reading into the sexual slur, as being innocent in nature. It amazes me, that you joined this forum in January 2021, and believe that you know the intent of another poster, predicated on what you (yourself) consider as silliness. But you can have the last word - if it makes you feel better.

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-15-2021 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-15-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why have you spent three pages belabouring what is, at best, a bad joke?

LGBT = alphabet soup.

Hardy-har-har. All the Bubba mouth-breathers will have gotten their yuks by now.

So can we stop wasting bandwidth now?

I am not the one that keeps bringing it back up and insisting I am wrong, now am I? I am simply responding to posts accusing another member of hate where I know what he is referring to, and have tried to point that out. People go overboard and wish to attribute bad motives and slurs where none exist. But if others wish to be offended, so be it. I mean , the guy is on the wrong side of the argument, so its OK to misrepresent him then isn't it, who cares? Right?

Old 03-15-2021, 11:51 AM

15,898 posts, read 6,368,426 times
Quote:
I am not the one that keeps bringing it back up and insisting I am wrong, now am I? I am simply responding to posts accusing another member of hate where I know what he is referring to, and have tried to point that out. People go overboard and wish to attribute bad motives and slurs where none exist. But if others wish to be offended, so be it. I mean , the guy is on the wrong side of the argument, so its OK to misrepresent him then, who cares? Right?
Sounds like you're offended. I'm sure Trout meant that as a joke. Lighten up Dude.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:54 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
The one who has brought the issue back up is asking if its time to move on? LOL. Why didn't you let it be then? Just had to get the last word in?

He clearly referenced the acronym in the title. Anyone who can read can tell that. He specifically referred to the title of the thread in his remark.

It does, of course , refer to the group, but the humor was directed at the acronym, not the group. So now we can agree to disagree
Question. You have read what BF believes, right? If you have, you would know that he was making a pointed jab at the LGBT community on a whole, not an acronym. It isn't the first time he has done so (not talking about the "jab at an acronym", but on a whole), and it won't be the last. Couple that with all the times he has compared gay people to pedos, alcoholics, and other things, and a trend emerges. Whether you understand it or not, many in the LGBT community deal with this kind of micro-aggression on a daily basis. This happens to ALL marginalized groups, not just the LGBT community. Ask a black man how many women clutch their purse or cross the street when they walk by. Ask a woman how many times she is interrupted while trying to speak in a room full of men. Ask an Asian how often someone compliments their driving, or tells them they "speak great English" when it is their first language. These things aren't overtly racist or sexist, but they are micro-aggressions.

So again, while you don't understand it, I will call it out when I see it. Feel free to read the article below if you would like to understand WHY people are "offended" or "insulted" by these things you think are funny.

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/16/803107...croaggressions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity