Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 10:09 AM

1,799 posts, read 564,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We will continue to disagree, it's not merely about the acronym or the alphabet.
You are demonstrably wrong. The poster in question that started this only referenced the acronym , nothing else . In post 9188, to be specific . He says the threads isn’t about adultery and references the thread title by saying the discussion is about the “sexual alphabet soup and Christianity”. Since then it has been about whether having a chuckle at a silly acronym constitutes bigotry. It does not.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
We will continue to disagree, it's not about the acronym or the alphabet.
Rather, it's that of how one identifies themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
You are demonstrably wrong. The poster in question that started this only referenced the acronym , nothing else . Since then it has been about whether having a chuckle at a silly acronym constitutes bigotry. It does not.
Whatever, Dude! Again, we will continue to disagree.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
If you have read any in this thread you know that I know the poster well, and have opposed him . That doesn’t make his reference to the silliness of an ever growing ever changing acronym bigotry in itself . That’s my point , and it is a valid one. He reference the title of the thread , NOT a person.

And yes, we will continue to disagree on this one.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
All I can say is get a life. Stop assigning words to me that I didn't say. Stop assigning hate to me that I don't have. You're the one who can't see straight due to your hate.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:55 AM

15,899 posts, read 6,370,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All I can say is get a life. Stop assigning words to me that I didn't say. Stop assigning hate to me that I don't have. You're the one who can't see straight due to your hate.
Hey! What about what I asked you?

Old 03-14-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
...SUPPOSEDLY, now should I follow that up with a slur, or derogatory comment, other than how you identify? Again, Baptist as I have already asked this before, show me where I have said you hated anyone? This is just another one of your lies and misrepresentations!

Old 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...SUPPOSEDLY, now should I follow that up with a slur, or derogatory comment, other than how you identify? Again, Baptist as I have already asked this before, show me where I have said you hated anyone? This is just another one of your lies and misrepresentations!
I am waiting, Baptist? Or, would you like to publicly apologize for the slander?

Old 03-15-2021, 09:41 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,614,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
You are demonstrably wrong. The poster in question that started this only referenced the acronym , nothing else . In post 9188, to be specific . He says the threads isn’t about adultery and references the thread title by saying the discussion is about the “sexual alphabet soup and Christianity”. Since then it has been about whether having a chuckle at a silly acronym constitutes bigotry. It does not.
He was clearly talking about the LGBT community and how they define themselves, not just an acronym. Either way, move on already. It's been 3 days and we are still talking about it. Believe it or not, we can just agree to disagree, and move on. Don't you think it's time?

Old 03-15-2021, 09:45 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,614,400 times
Quote:
You don't think gay people deserve love, sex, or marriage (unless they deny who they are to please your petty version of God), and that people should be able to freely discriminate against them based off of their religious views., and they will all go to hell.... If that isn't hate, what is?

Old 03-15-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
He was clearly talking about the LGBT community and how they define themselves, not just an acronym. Either way, move on already. It's been 3 days and we are still talking about it. Believe it or not, we can just agree to disagree, and move on. Don't you think it's time?

The one who has brought the issue back up is asking if its time to move on? LOL. Why didn't you let it be then? Just had to get the last word in?

He clearly referenced the acronym in the title. Anyone who can read can tell that. He specifically referred to the title of the thread in his remark.

Quote:
Yes. I've explained. Divorce is bad. Adultery is bad. People should get married and stay married.

Now. Get a new argument. You persisting in this just makes you look bad. It's sad. At best, this rings of whataboutism. Divorce and remarriage is a red herring. This thread is SUPPOSEDLY about the sexual alphabet soup and Christianity.

It does, of course , refer to the group, but the humor was directed at the acronym, not the group. So now we can agree to disagree

Last edited by NatesDude; 03-15-2021 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.