Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2021, 06:37 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Personally, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 settles it for me.

Notice that it doesn't say that homosexuals cannot be saved.

It merely teaches that in order to be saved, they must repent of homosexual practices.

"And such were some of you; but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 9:11).

I will not deny that homosexuality is not the only sin on the list. If you are straight and committing any of these other sins, you also need to repent.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

It merely teaches that in order to be saved, they must repent of homosexual practices.

"And such were some of you; but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 9:11).

I will not deny that homosexuality is not the only sin on the list. If you are straight and committing any of these other sins, you also need to repent.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:29 PM

I do find that one of the traits of homosexuals is that they are hard-hearted and it is rare for them to ever feel the conviction of the Holy Ghost.

However, I am going to pray that the Holy Ghost will convict the homosexuals on these boards...

This is going to be something.

Without the morality of the Bible being imposed on you by "society", you are going to feel convicted by the Holy Ghost...you are going to have an inextricable feeling that what you are doing is sin...and that Jesus Christ, the righteous Judge, is going to judge you over it and that your judgment is not going to be favourable.

Because I know that many of you will not look up the following verses...but you are going to be convicted by the reality of them anyway.

Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
I do find that one of the traits of homosexuals is that they are hard-hearted and it is rare for them to ever feel the conviction of the Holy Ghost.

However, I am going to pray that the Holy Ghost will convict the homosexuals on these boards...

Without the morality of the Bible being imposed on you by "society", you are going to feel convicted by the Holy Ghost...you are going to have an inextricable feeling that what you are doing is sin...and that Jesus Christ, the righteous Judge, is going to judge you over it and that your judgment is not going to be favourable.

Because I know that many of you will not look up the following verses...but you are going to be convicted by the reality of them anyway.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:

You say that 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 has 'settled' the subject matter of this thread for you. So ...what, pray tell, ARE 'homosexual practices'? If we were to get graphic, no need to, it's my understanding that homosexuals don't practice anything sexually that heterosexuals don't practice. So, would you please explain WHAT it is, precisely, that a homosexual should repent of in order 'to be saved'? This IS a serious question, by the way, that I HAVE asked on previous occasions but that has resulted in a response such as that of the sound of crickets.

Quote:

Hmmm . . .is one required to fill out an "I have repented" affidavit in the church foyer before entering the sanctuary? If not, how else does one determine who has and who has not 'repented' of 'a sin'?

This is not to mention that NOWHERE is 'homosexuality' mentioned on Paul's list in 1 Corinthians. It ain't there! The reason being is that Paul would have had no idea what 'homosexuality per se' was. It should also be noted that Paul was not God and therefore could not pre-judge the 'saved' or the 'not saved' status of anyone. Would someone please tell me who determined that Paul's letters became 'divine' - i.e. 'as if from the mouth of God' - merely because the Bible collators decided to include them in the New Testament?

Old 04-25-2021, 12:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

Johnny come lately, go back and read both threads on the subject matter.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:07 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
So, their being hard-hearted and lacking conviction of the Holy Spirit is a trait of the homosexual person, eh? And you expect to be taken seriously? I realize that you're a newcomer to the forum but you're going to have to do better than that on this thread, jbf.

Quote:
You're going to pray to the Holy Ghost to convict the homosexuals on these boards of WHAT, jbf . . .? What, precisely, is their 'sin' to be repented of as you see it? You see, there are a huge number of people today - both academics and lay-people, both Christian and non-Christian - who see homosexuality as simply another facet of human sexuality. Therefore, if homosexuality (as in sexual practice) is seen as something to be repented of, then so does the performing of sexual intercourse in any area other than for procreation purposes. So, recreational sex (sex merely for personal pleasure) that most heterosexuals practice most of the time would be equally taboo ...understand the reasoning process being applied here? What are your logical thoughts on this statement - i.e. your PERSONAL thoughts and not your religious beliefs if that's possible?

Quote:

What IS this biblical morality you speak of, jbf? Is the moral conduct of the Torah God something that we should be aiming for? Have you actually read the Old Testament? How about the New Testament? Other than 'love toward one's neighbor' as preached by Jesus (nothing at all about human gender preference in Jesus' teaching) what else are we supposed to strive for?

Quote:

As said, I realize that you're new to the forum and that this is a lengthy thread. However, please don't under-estimate the Bible know-how of any number of us on this thread. We've 'been there, done that' many times previously. We're not exactly slouches when it comes to the Bible and as to what scripture has to say - or DOESN'T say - about this particular topic.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

Reality? You might find that you will be the one weeping and gnashing his teeth.

EDIT: It appears you already are gnashing those teeth?

Last edited by Jerwade; 04-25-2021 at 02:03 AM..

Old 04-25-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You say that 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 has 'settled' the subject matter of this thread for you. So ...what, pray tell, ARE 'homosexual practices'? If we were to get graphic, no need to, it's my understanding that homosexuals don't practice anything sexually that heterosexuals don't practice. So, would you please explain WHAT it is, precisely, that a homosexual should repent of in order 'to be saved'? This IS a serious question, by the way, that I HAVE asked on previous occasions but that has resulted in a response such as that of the sound of crickets.

Hmmm . . .is one required to fill out an "I have repented" affidavit in the church foyer before entering the sanctuary? If not, how else does one determine who has and who has not 'repented' of 'a sin'?

This is not to mention that NOWHERE is 'homosexuality' mentioned on Paul's list in 1 Corinthians. It ain't there! The reason being is that Paul would have had no idea what 'homosexuality per se' was. It should also be noted that Paul was not God and therefore could not pre-judge the 'saved' or the 'not saved' status of anyone. Would someone please tell me who determined that Paul's letters became 'divine' - i.e. 'as if from the mouth of God' - merely because the Bible collators decided to include them in the New Testament?
Eph 5:11, And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12, For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13, But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

God knows who has repented and who has not repented. And He is the judge. People who walk into a church are to be accepted in the Beloved. If it becomes clear that they are practicing immorality, church disicipline would be in order.

There is a certain spiritual blindness that occurs when a man becomes one flesh with another man through anal penetration.

Many homosexuals do not monogamously do that...they go from man to man and thus they become one flesh with many others and there is a ripping that takes place when you go to the next person.

The issue of whether the kjv is accurate comes into play. i do believe that because of the spiritual blindness that I am speaking of, many homosexuals reject what the Bibl says to us in the English language and prefer to read the Bible in a languags not their own and which is no longer spoken.

"Abusers of themselves with mankind" does in fact speak of homosexuality...but it will take the Lord's opening of your eyes for you to see that.

He preserves you from responsibility by hiding from you the truth. If you were fully aware of the truth and still rejected it, you would be more accountable on your day of judgment and your punishment would be worse. So, God shows you mercy by hiding from you the truth until your heart becomes more softened to the propsect of living ou the things that you would learn if your heart were a little bit softer.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Johnny come lately, go back and read both threads on the subject matter.
No. I am here to discuss things in the current moment. I do not go back to previous discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity