Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 11:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,269,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Trout, let me give you a glimpse into the mind of God.

Do you know why you are here? These are the proving ground here on earth.

Trout is going to live forever, but where will Trout live in that eternity.

The life you live on this earth will determine that very thing!

Every person who has lived on this earth will be faced with a single question and will be asked a single question.

What did you do with the One called Christ!
You poor, sad, pathetic, lost, little man.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:20 AM

63,999 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If you or Trout can't bring yourself to believe, there is a solution that is given in Mark chapter 9....say to the Lord, "I believe...help my unbelief."
Fact is, you can believe well enough to ask a Lord that you do not know exists to instill faith in you if He is really there.
Because God says so (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13).
Jesus gave credence to Peter (John 14:26, John 16:23); Peter gave credence to Paul (2 Peter 3:15-16); and Paul gave credence to the rest of holy scripture; saying that it is given by inspiration of the Lord in 2 Timothy 3:16.
The reasoning begins at Christ. If you believe in Him, then you believe in His validation of Peter, and Peter's validation of Paul, and Paul's validation of the rest of holy scripture.
If you don't believe in Him, then it indeed may appear to you to be "circular reasoning".
What is believable is believable and what is not believable is not. We have NO control over what we believe so pretending to ask for belief is ludicrous. If it needs to be forced in any way, it is not belief. God would never want us to believe what is not believable. The problem is religious leaders like you who have created rationales for the primitive and barbaric belief systems of our ancestors that promote belief in the unbelievable as a sign of faith in God under duress (or else!). That is neither faith in God nor love of God and each other as Jesus taught and demonstrated unambiguously. It is in fact, the opposite - anti-Christ. Check yourself, JBF, you are accumulating responsibilities for all whom you influence.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,337,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You poor, sad, pathetic, lost, little man.
I may be poor, pathetic, and little, but I can assure you I'm not sad and lost!

Old 04-30-2021, 11:23 AM

88,853 posts, read 85,259,076 times
Quote:
If you or Trout can't bring yourself to believe, there is a solution that is given in Mark chapter 9....say to the Lord, "I believe...help my unbelief."

Fact is, you can believe well enough to ask a Lord that you do not know exists to instill faith in you if He is really there.

<snip>
Yes, that is correct! I did just that, and God led me down a very different path from the one you follow.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, that is correct! I did just that, and God led me down a very different path from the one you follow.
But was it God who led you down that path?

Or....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c

Old 04-30-2021, 11:33 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,866,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is believable is believable and what is not believable is not. We have NO control over what we believe so pretending to ask for belief is ludicrous. If it needs to be forced in any way, it is not belief. God would never want us to believe what is not believable. The problem is religious leaders like you who have created rationales for the primitive and barbaric belief systems of our ancestors that promote belief in the unbelievable as a sign of faith in God under duress (or else!). That is neither faith in God nor love of God and each other as Jesus taught and demonstrated unambiguously. It is in fact, the opposite - anti-Christ. Check yourself, JBF, you are accumulating responsibilities for all whom you influence.
What you can do is genuinely ask for the Lord to instill faith in you. You don't have to even believe that He exists for this to work. You just have to believe that He might exist.

That is how I got saved. I said to the Lord, "I don't even know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You are real, You will reveal Yourself to me."

God didn't wait two seconds before He showered me with waves of liquid love. He filled me with His agape love; and you can be certain that when I read my Bible, I found that hell is a reality even in light of God's agape love.

Because God is not going to allow into heaven those who would make heaven a horrible place with their behaviour. If He did, heaven wouldn't be heavenly.

That is why you must repent and give your heart to Christ. Then He wlll shed abroad His love in your heart and you will work to redeem the souls that are headed for hell instead of giving them doctrine that will placate them so that they will not ever receive Christ. You will be held accountable for that if you don't stop doing that.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
What you can do is genuinely ask for the Lord to instill faith in you. You don't have to even believe that He exists for this to work. You just have to believe that He might exist.

That is how I got saved...snip...
Poor thing. Most of us don't need saving.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm just guessing, but might I be accurate to say that you already had an idea of the path that you wanted to follow and that when you asked God to give you faith, you were just looking for His stamp of approval on the lifestyle that you were choosing for yourself?

You don't have to answer...it is a rhetorical question.

But if you want to answer, by all means do so.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor thing. Most of us don't need saving.
You're dead wrong about that....see Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You're dead wrong about that....see Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23.
I don't use 2,000+-year-old maps to find my way around.

And I don't use 2,000+-year-old fantasies from sand poopers who threw stones at people to form my belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.