Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 09:30 PM

6,805 posts, read 2,935,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
Can a woman lie with a woman?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Obviously they can.

But if your question is, can a woman lie with a woman and be justified in that action...

If your question is, is it a sin for a woman to lie with a woman...

Then I think that you need to look up Romans 1:18-32, with emphasis on verse 26.
Hmmm ...it appears that all one has to do is to cut and paste a specific scripture without further explanation as to what that scripture is referencing. Here it is:

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

See, I can cut and paste too. And, since I have done so would you, jbf, explain in detail what that scripture is referencing?

1. Who, precisely, are these women that Paul refers to?

2. What, precisely, were these women doing that gave Paul reason to state that they 'changed their natural use into that which is against nature'? Was it something sexual such as lesbianism? Paul leaves us guessing.

3. In what setting were these things that irked Paul so much taking place? If 'sexual' then were these acts being performed in the synagogue? In some other public place? In the privacy of their own homes? Where?

Presenting scripture willy-nilly without further explanation is of absolutely no benefit to anyone but rather tends to highlight the inadequacy of the presenter in their being unable to further explore these scriptures and explain to others what they mean and the context in which they were written.

To the average Joe, Romans 1:26 read 'as is' would result in a look of puzzlement.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes sir, when one stands for the the Word of God the spirit of rejection will gnash it's teeth against it.

It's nothing new, many examples in scripture. It comes from the unwillingness to turn from sin.

You see, Rom, man so loves his sin that he will even kill to keep it. He will cut asunder anything that stands in the way of it.

He will even deny the One who created him and curse him to his face.

That's why God gives them over to a reprobate mind to do the things that will bring them to destruction.

They keep rejecting and rejecting until God says ok, and sears their conscience that they no longer even know what they are doing is wrong, or even care. Lost souls awaiting judgement, the walking dead.

Such is the way of life for many who God has given up on and cast aside for their destruction to come.

I'm here to proclaim liberty and freedom from the bondage of this world. It's found in the One who can heal all wounds this world has inflicted upon us.

He stands with His nail scared hands out for you Rom, and He will take you in if you just believe He can deliver you. All it takes is an ounce of faith, and a willing heart.
What in God's name has the above got to do with the thread subject matter?

Charlie, I realize that YOU don't realize this but all you are doing is supporting the content of the post you responded to.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,333,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
What in God's name has the above got to do with the thread subject matter?

Charlie, I realize that YOU don't realize this but all you are doing is supporting the content of the post you responded to.
It has to do with your post, you wrote about Charlie and I wrote about Rom!

Old 04-28-2021, 10:19 PM

2,962 posts, read 868,702 times
Quote:
I've seen many of these "I'm no longer gay" videos and I'm never sure what they're supposed to prove. So, someone yet again claims they are no longer involved in some kind of past lewd gay sexual behavior. Good for him, I guess, but why do we need to know this? Moreover, why is it always a story as told by a 'former gay person'? Aren't straight people ever involved in - and turned around from - a life of lewd sexual behavior?

This guy comes across as being somewhat different from the typical "I'm no longer gay" crowd in that he claims never to have been 'gay per se' in the first place. Indeed, he claims that NO ONE is born gay and that being gay is as a result of nurture and not nature. The entire video, to its credit, doesn't flaunt the typical "Jesus saved me from a life of sin" cliché. In fact, I got the impression from the video that 'Jesus' is given little to no credit as to why the guy has supposedly given up the 'gay life'. He chose to do so all by himself. Actually, the lack of such typical rhetoric was quite refreshing as I had, understandably, expected a big dose of, excuse the terminology. 'religious bs'.

Anyway, while the video is perhaps overly long I found it to be fairly interesting, I guess. I'm sure there are any number of gay people, however, who wouldn't accept, by their own personal experience, that their being gay is as a result of an absent father as is mentioned more than once in the video.
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts after watching the video.
Glad you found it interesting.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:07 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,860,793 times
Quote:
Hmmm ...it appears that all one has to do is to cut and paste a specific scripture without further explanation as to what that scripture is referencing. Here it is:

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

See, I can cut and paste too. And, since I have done so would you, jbf, explain in detail what that scripture is referencing?

1. Who, precisely, are these women that Paul refers to?

2. What, precisely, were these women doing that gave Paul reason to state that they 'changed their natural use into that which is against nature'? Was it something sexual such as lesbianism? Paul leaves us guessing.

3. In what setting were these things that irked Paul so much taking place? If 'sexual' then were these acts being performed in the synagogue? In some other public place? In the privacy of their own homes? Where?

Presenting scripture willy-nilly without further explanation is of absolutely no benefit to anyone but rather tends to highlight the inadequacy of the presenter in their being unable to further explore these scriptures and explain to others what they mean and the context in which they were written.

To the average Joe, Romans 1:26 read 'as is' would result in a look of puzzlement.
Yes, I understand that there is a basic spiritual blindness (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) on the hearts of those who do not want to believe in what these scriptures are saying.

If you really want to know the answers to your questions, then you must,

1) be willing to heed the scripture once you understand it; and,

2) ask the Holy Spirit what it means and how it should apply to your life.

Because, I believe that the Lord hides the true meaning of scriptures like this from certain people because if they understood its meaning, they would be more accountable to be obedient to their principle.

So God, out of mercy, hides the meaning of these scriptures from those who would not be inclined to obey the principls found therein; so that He can give them less of a punishment on that day, and still be just.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, I understand that there is a basic spiritual blindness (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) on the hearts of those who do not want to believe in what these scriptures are saying.

If you really want to know the answers to your questions, then you must,

1) be willing to heed the scripture once you understand it; and,

2) ask the Holy Spirit what it means and how it should apply to your life.

Because, I believe that the Lord hides the true meaning of scriptures like this from certain people because if they understood its meaning, they would be more accountable to be obedient to their principle.

So God, out of mercy, hides the meaning of these scriptures from those who would not be inclined to obey the principls found therein; so that He can give them less of a punishment on that day, and still be just.
SO, in other words you have no idea what Romans 1:26 is referencing.

I feel that it was quite appropriate for me to ask YOU what that scripture meant since it was YOU who offered the scripture. The Holy Spirit doesn't appear to hold an account with C/D so I couldn't ask him.

What verse 26 tells ME when taken in context with prior scripture starting at verse 18 is that 'the women' Paul refers to - as well as the men - were complicit in the sexual rituals that were performed with temple prostitutes in the local pagan temples. There is absolutely no reason to use any misdirection here and to make it to be anything other than that. These folks Paul speaks of were evidently former 'God-worshipers' who had (to use a Star Wars term) 'turned to the dark side'. Paul is not making any reference WHATSOEVER to men and women who were not affiliated - at one time or present - with the early Christian Church. Those in the 'public sector', so to speak, would not even have been on Paul's radar. This was a localized 'religious' issue that Paul was discussing and NOT a 'general' (as in 'we of today') issue!

You do realize, do you not, that the letters of Paul in Romans and else where were not - and ARE NOT - addressed to we in the year 2021? Moreover, we are not even privvy much of the time as to the issues pertaining to those specific early Christian churches that Paul was addressing. We're only reading 50% (Paul's letters) of a total sum of a 100% religious matter. The other 50% we have to use guesswork.

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 04-29-2021 at 12:49 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 04:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I don't know my friend, you tell me.

How are you and the Lord getting along lately?
G-d and I are great...I behave as He says I should behave...

Old 04-29-2021, 04:15 AM

Quote:
SO, in other words you have no idea what Romans 1:26 is referencing.

I feel that it was quite appropriate for me to ask YOU what that scripture meant since it was YOU who offered the scripture. The Holy Spirit doesn't appear to hold an account with C/D so I couldn't ask him.

What verse 26 tells ME when taken in context with prior scripture starting at verse 18 is that 'the women' Paul refers to - as well as the men - were complicit in the sexual rituals that were performed with temple prostitutes in the local pagan temples. There is absolutely no reason to use any misdirection here and to make it to be anything other than that. These folks Paul speaks of were evidently former 'God-worshipers' who had (to use a Star Wars term) 'turned to the dark side'. Paul is not making any reference WHATSOEVER to men and women who were not affiliated - at one time or present - with the early Christian Church. Those in the 'public sector', so to speak, would not even have been on Paul's radar. This was a localized 'religious' issue that Paul was discussing and NOT a 'general' (as in 'we of today') issue!

You do realize, do you not, that the letters of Paul in Romans and else where were not - and ARE NOT - addressed to we in the year 2021? Moreover, we are not even privvy much of the time as to the issues pertaining to those specific early Christian churches that Paul was addressing. We're only reading 50% (Paul's letters) of a total sum of a 100% religious matter. The other 50% we have to use guesswork.
So what we have here is a denier of the scripture telling the man of God that the book of Romans does not apply to us in this year of our Lord 2021!

We are to believe from this person that 50% of Paul's letter to the Romans is guesswork, to be figured out by us. Let me tell you something, Rom.

The book of Romans is the centerpiece of scripture. It is the only place in all of scripture that we learn who man is, where he stands with God and where he is going.

It's the only place in scripture that our salvation is explained in detail for us to understand our relationship with God.

And we have a reprobate telling us we can't believe it and have to figure it out on our own! Who knows more about scripture than Justbyfaith and Charie24 who have dedicated their lives to understand the Word of God.

Folks, these are times we are living in, false prophets on every corner. People who have no idea what they are saying or doing but are planting tares among the wheat to be cut down and cast in the fire.

Last edited by Charlie24; 04-29-2021 at 04:34 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d and I are great...I behave as He says I should behave...
Is that behaving done in order of the Old Testament Law, or the New Covenant Grace?

Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:

Eh?...So, changed obligation from one set of laws to another?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity