Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 04:43 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,133,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Acts 4:12

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

No matter who you are, how good you are, YOU MUST BE SAVED, or you're not going to make it.

You will go through the blood of the Lamb, without question, or face the consequences.
Mat 19:16**And lo, one having come near, said to him, 'Good teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have life age-during?'

Mat 19:17**And he said to him, 'Why me dost thou call good? no one is good except One—God; but if thou dost will to enter into the life, keep the commands.'

Mat 19:18**He saith to him, 'What kind?' And Jesus said, 'Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness,

Old 04-28-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
No, that's not it. God has presented to you a way out, the only way out.

He did it in His mercy for you! He didn't have to, but he loves you and wants the best for you.

He gave His only Son as a sacrifice for your sins that you can live and not die in your sins.

The choice is yours, not His. If you choose to reject Him, YOU have sentenced yourself to eternal separation from Him.

If you accept Him, you will find His arms wide open and welcoming you to His Kingdom forever.
I don’t reject G-d...So, I’m good, right?....

Old 04-28-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I sense a spirit of pride! I'm sorry for you that is the case.

Prov. 16:18

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
Look in the mirror...

Old 04-28-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Obviously they can.

But if your question is, can a woman lie with a woman and be justified in that action...

If your question is, is it a sin for a woman to lie with a woman...

Then I think that you need to look up Romans 1:18-32, with emphasis on verse 26.
But G-d spoke about man in the Torah, never said anything about women...So, He was ok with it back then?...

Old 04-28-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
1) it isn't who you are it is what you do.

2) it is in fact love to seek to keep a blind man from walking off the edge of a cliff.

3) fear is a healthy motivation.

I will only say that using the wrong hole is an abomination in the sight of the Lord; whether you are homosexual or heterosexual.

As a Christian, I do not go there.

And neither should you (I say this to everyone across the board).

Obviously they can.

But if your question is, can a woman lie with a woman and be justified in that action...

If your question is, is it a sin for a woman to lie with a woman...

Then I think that you need to look up Romans 1:18-32, with emphasis on verse 26.

Fear is an honestly beneficial motivating factor in all reality.

In Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv) and in Psalms 19:9 (kjv), we find that it is the for ever fear of the LORD that secures everlasting life, even eternal security, in light of the argument that we can walk away from the Lord even though no one can snatch us out of His hand (John 10:27-30)

More accurately, God is a God of justice; and hell is the just penalty for breaking His law. Violation of God's law, when you look at it closely, is everything that causes pain, sorrow, death, and crying in this world.

Jesus provided a way for you to receive His love so that you might not be a person who lives in violation of the law. He died on a Cross for you 2,000 years ago.

What if you did that for someone and they spurned your gift, saying that it wasn't really necessary or that they don't want it because they want to live in violation of what you want for their lives; all that is what is best for them. Would you be insulted? Would you be angry?

I don't really blame God for being angry at sinners who spurn the gift that He purchased for them at so great a price.
I don’t break G-d’s law, so I guess I’m good...

Old 04-28-2021, 04:58 PM

64,055 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
No, that's not it. God has presented to you a way out, the only way out.
He did it in His mercy for you! He didn't have to, but he loves you and wants the best for you.
He gave His only Son as a sacrifice for your sins that you can live and not die in your sins.
The choice is yours, not His. If you choose to reject Him, YOU have sentenced yourself to eternal separation from Him.
If you accept Him, you will find His arms wide open and welcoming you to His Kingdom forever.
God gave us His Son to save us. Why do you think it was just an offer of salvation? Did Jesus save us or not? Why would we have to believe all the unbelievable nonsense you believe to be saved if Jesus did it? Does God want us to believe the unbelievable to be saved by His Son or did His Son save us and it is finished?

Old 04-28-2021, 05:00 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,340,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don’t reject G-d...So, I’m good, right?....
I don't know my friend, you tell me.

How are you and the Lord getting along lately?

Old 04-28-2021, 08:32 PM

6,828 posts, read 2,953,596 times
Wow! These last few pages have certainly given Charlie an ideal platform on which to spout some of the best examples of Bible brainwashing that I've come across in a long time.

In recent times I've given the guy a pretty wide berth because, 1. he comes across as being so naive and juvenile that a reasonable discussion with him is nigh impossible, and, 2. he fits quite adequately the description, though in his silly, naive (almost cute) manner, the MAJOR 'abomination' according to Proverbs 6:17.

Since Charlie loves his Bible so much he might care to look up that particular scripture because it would seem that he's previously missed it. Again, it's Proverbs 6:17, Charlie. How about you read it and give some serious thought to it?

There is little doubt that Charlie and, to some extent, two or three others on the thread, possess a haughty spirit. They probably don't realize it but it's there in spades. Even under the guise of modesty they think highly of themselves believing that 'God' is on their side. They cut and paste scripture after scripture that appear to support their twisted and ignorant 'theology' with the sole purpose of puffing up themselves while also intending to denigrate others ...even though these scriptures may have no relevance to the subject matter at all. But, whether these scriptures are or are not relevant to the topic hardly matters as long as it looks as though their own (false) piety is maintained. The Christian who can cut and paste the most scripture (whether they know what the scripture means or not) is the better Christian it would seem. It's rather sickening.

Yes, this misguided belief they have extends to their imagined position of authority that (they believe) allows them to look down on others of their own choosing (in this case the gay community) in a condescending manner. Even when couched in false humility (i.e. Charlie's "I'm no better than you are" crud) these folks tend to look scornfully, disdainfully and arrogantly at the gay community or, indeed, toward anyone who might support the gay community.

We have to eventually acknowledge that these types of Christians are not going to be phased by common sense reasoning or, in some cases, a better understanding of scripture by others. And so, as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is more aimed toward the visitors to the thread. The others previously mentioned are simply a lost cause. Hopefully the visitors have the savvy to determine what is the religious crud of some and what is the plain common sense reasoning of others.

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 04-28-2021 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-28-2021, 09:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,340,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Wow! These last few pages have certainly given Charlie an ideal platform on which to spout some of the best examples of Bible brainwashing that I've come across in a long time.

In recent times I've given the guy a pretty wide berth because, 1. he comes across as being so naive and juvenile that a reasonable discussion with him is nigh impossible, and, 2. he fits quite adequately the description, though in his silly, naive (almost cute) manner, the MAJOR 'abomination' according to Proverbs 6:17.

Since Charlie loves his Bible so much he might care to look up that particular scripture because it would seem that he's previously missed it. Again, it's Proverbs 6:17, Charlie. How about you read it and give some serious thought to it?

There is little doubt that Charlie and, to some extent, two or three others on the thread, possess a haughty spirit. They probably don't realize it but it's there in spades. Even under the guise of modesty they think highly of themselves believing that 'God' is on their side. They cut and paste scripture after scripture that appear to support their twisted and ignorant 'theology' with the sole purpose of puffing up themselves while also intending to denigrate others ...even though these scriptures may have no relevance to the subject matter at all. But, whether these scriptures are or are not relevant to the topic hardly matters as long as it looks as though their own (false) piety is maintained. The Christian who can cut and paste the most scripture (whether they know what the scripture means or not) is the better Christian it would seem. It's rather sickening.

Yes, this misguided belief they have extends to their imagined position of authority that (they believe) allows them to look down on others of their own choosing (in this case the gay community) in a condescending manner. Even when couched in false humility (i.e. Charlie's "I'm no better than you are" crud) these folks tend to look scornfully, disdainfully and arrogantly at the gay community or, indeed, toward anyone who might support the gay community. We have to eventually realize that these types of Christians are not going to be phased by common sense reasoning or, in some cases, a better understanding of scripture by others. And so, as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is more aimed toward the visitors to the thread. The others previously mentioned are simply a lost cause.
Yes sir, when one stands for the the Word of God the spirit of rejection will gnash it's teeth against it.

It's nothing new, many examples in scripture. It comes from the unwillingness to turn from sin.

You see, Rom, man so loves his sin that he will even kill to keep it. He will cut asunder anything that stands in the way of it.

He will even deny the One who created him and curse him to his face.

That's why God gives them over to a reprobate mind to do the things that will bring them to destruction.

They keep rejecting and rejecting until God says ok, and sears their conscience that they no longer even know what they are doing is wrong, or even care. Lost souls awaiting judgement, the walking dead.

Such is the way of life for many who God has given up on and cast aside for their destruction to come.

I'm here to proclaim liberty and freedom from the bondage of this world. It's found in the One who can heal all wounds this world has inflicted upon us.

He stands with His nail scared hands out for you Rom, and He will take you in if you just believe He can deliver you. All it takes is an ounce of faith, and a willing heart.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,455,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Yes, this misguided belief they have extends to their imagined position of authority that (they believe) allows them to look down on others of their own choosing (in this case the gay community) in a condescending manner. Even when couched in false humility (i.e. Charlie's "I'm no better than you are" crud) these folks tend to look scornfully, disdainfully and arrogantly at the gay community or, indeed, toward anyone who might support the gay community.

We have to eventually acknowledge that these types of Christians are not going to be phased by common sense reasoning or, in some cases, a better understanding of scripture by others. And so, as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is more aimed toward the visitors to the thread. The others previously mentioned are simply a lost cause. Hopefully the visitors have the savvy to determine what is the religious crud of some and what is the plain common sense reasoning of others.
They have the most gloomiest spirits of anyone that I have ever met, naive and juvenile to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity