Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 09:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you click here and go to post #1092, you will see where he admits to telling me to burn in hell.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post55915349

I'm glad you agree that it is unacceptable to say such a thing.
Quote:
Try a little of that kindness that you keep talking about. Saying I have a vulgar mind, showing me that you have no problem with people telling me to go burn in hell, and then you have the nerve to blast me if I dare complain about it?
In you own words, "I'm glad you agree that it is unacceptable to say such a thing." Does that sound like she didn't care, or wants to blast you - you really need to make up your mind. Because you are talking out both sides of your mouth?

Old 10-31-2019, 09:36 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You seem like the most miserable person I have ever seen.

Are you like this in person?
I’m not miserable. My health is failing rapidly, l’m in physical pain every day, we are currently homeless, and have less than two grand in the bank. And still I remain better off than thousands of people in the Bible Belt made miserable by fundamentalist religion and their political arm. Maybe you are a fundamentalist who sees my predicament as “punishment” from God. I see it as reason to trust God more—and even to argue with God. My faith is based on trust, not “blessings,” and if you ever read the Bible carefully Hanni, you would see it replete with examples of how God’s followers argued and even blamed God for their circumstances.

Try reading Psalms 88 & 89, the latter which, in so many words called God a liar for not keeping His promises. But the Psalmist kept faith and trusted God despite adversity. He trusted God to not strike him dead for such affrontry. I do, too, because I don’t worship a god of sticks and carrots.

You remain a Law based “christian” just like the fundamentalists. I remain a “trust” based Jesus follower who sees things rarely worked out well for believers in the Bible, particularly the NT, whether they were sin free or not. It didn’t work out the way Jesus wanted it either, but He trusted His Father enough to face the worst that could be done to Him.

But to see others suffering because of misguided fundamentalists who ruin lives consistently in the name of their god makes me angry. If it doesn’t anger you too, then you have a soul problem.

So “make America great again” by denying healthcare to millions, impoverishing them with low wages, consorting with the nation’s enemies, and making regulations that let healthcare workers deny treatment to LGBTQ people in the name of “god.” It makes all of you look so “spiritual.”

I’m interested in treasures in heaven—-and that’s a very good thing for someone in my circumstances.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-31-2019 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-31-2019, 09:42 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In you own words, "I'm glad you agree that it is unacceptable to say such a thing." Does that sound like she didn't care, or wants to blast you - you really need to make up your mind. Because you are talking out both sides of your mouth?
She said she agreed it was unacceptable, generally speaking, but she didn't say anything specific against the poster for attacking me. Your side will NEVER criticize each other as long as everyone is trashing us. You could earn a little respect and admit that it was horrible thing for your buddy to say to me, but nope, you won't.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:43 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I’m not miserable. My health is failing rapidly, l’m in physical pain every day, we are currently homeless, and have less than two grand in the bank. Maybe you are a fundamentalist who sees that as “punishment” from God. I see it as reason to trust God more—and even to argue with God. My faith is based on trust, not “blessings,” and if you ever read the Bible carefully Hanni, you would see it replete with examples of how God’s followers argued and even blamed God for their circumstances.

Try reading Psalms 88 & 89, the latter which, in so many words called God a liar for not keeping His promises. But the Psalmist kept faith and trusted God despite adversity. He trusted God to not strike him dead for such affrontry. I do, too, because I don’t worship a god of sticks and carrots.

You remain a Law based “christian” just like the fundamentalists. I remain a “trust” based Jesus follower who sees things rarely worked out well for believers in the Bible, particularly the NT, whether they were sin free or not. It didn’t work out the way Jesus wanted it either, but He trusted His Father enough to face the worst that could be done to Him.

But to see others suffering because of misguided fundamentalists who ruin lives consistently in the name of their god makes me angry. If it doesn’t anger you too, then you have a soul problem.
So sad to hear this, Warden. I am focusing my prayers on your situation in love. Be Well in Christ, Mystic.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:51 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
It's my understanding - but please correct me if I'm wrong - that YOU (Jeff) believe people not in agreement with your religious party line line and act accordingly will burn in hell. Yes? No? If 'Yes', then why does it offend you when someone (who, I'm pretty sure, doesn't believe in a literal hell anyway) takes your belief and turns it around on you as an example as to how horrible such a belief is? You cry 'foul' while believing in your heart that your God has provided a literal place of eternal torment, not for you, but for others who you see as God's enemies. I believe that this particular person also referred to you as a flaming hypocrite which I see as quite an accurate description - if the answer to the question is 'yes' - for the one who posts under the name jeffbase40.
So now you are trying to justify telling me to go burn in hell? Really? Is there any end to the depths of garbage you will sink to attack me? Telling someone that you want them to suffer great torment because they won't embrace homosexuality is very disgusting display of humanity born out of hate. The fact that your side hates us because we won't bow to the agenda only proves we are on the side of truth. The flaming hypocrite is you, claiming to be a loving Christian and yet talk trash like this. Keep those insults coming, buddy. It only makes YOU look bad.

Quote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that most of us know that you're a lost cause, Jeff. However, these posts, including your posts and responses to your posts, are also read by others.
And I know you will never accept the sinful reality of homosexuality because you are so personally attached to the issue. Unlike you, I can look at it objectively instead of being so biased. If I'm wrong, prove it. But you failed miserably at that task.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:58 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So sad to hear this, Warden. I am focusing my prayers on your situation in love. Be Well in Christ, Mystic.
Well, our “holy” buddy, finn, would deny me cannabis to treat my pain so that I would be relying on opioids. I probably take two or three opioid pills per week because I primarily rely on edible cannabis. But “loving” finnie has repeatedly argued against medical science on a couple of different threads.

He enjoys seeing people suffer or get addicted. Who wants to emulate that ugliness?

It displays lack of intelligence to argue against science, and lack of compassion for those who suffer. jeffie thinks the same way.

Things are bad for me right now, but God has given me life and words to deal with these wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Expressions of abandonment aren’t godless moments, evidence that something is wrong and needing to be fixed. They relay the experiences of ancient men and women of faith, and were kept in the Bible because those experiences were common—part of being an Israelite and therefore valued. For us they signal not only what can happen in the life of faith, but also what does happen—what we should expect to happen.

That’s trust.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:47 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
So now you are trying to justify telling me to go burn in hell? Really?
Wow, who am I dealing with here ...an adolescent who just had his candy pulled away from him?

Anyway . . .I (and, I think the one to whom we're referencing) don't believe in hell as you appear to, Jeff. And, as awful a belief as it is, the belief that an actual place of eternal torment awaits millions upon millions of people who simply didn't accept your specific party line of religion, YOU believe that hell-fire is justified for them. Someone, even though they don't believe in hell, turned the tables on you, Jeff, and you become red-faced with hysteria - well almost - whenever you're led to bring it up, which is more often than it probably needs to be.

Quote:
Is there any end to the depths of garbage you will sink to attack me?
Hmmm . . .we seem to be at odds with the definition of 'attack' and 'address'. I'm not in the habit of attacking you,Jeff.

Quote:
Telling someone that you want them to suffer great torment because they won't embrace homosexuality is very disgusting display of humanity born out of hate. The fact that your side hates us because we won't bow to the agenda only proves we are on the side of truth. The flaming hypocrite is you, claiming to be a loving Christian and yet talk trash like this. Keep those insults coming, buddy. It only makes YOU look bad.
Poor baby. You can dish it out but not take it.

Jeff, I'm uncomfortable at resorting to making fun of you but I really can't take you seriously these days and therefore funnin' with you seems to be my only recourse.

Quote:
And I know you will never accept the sinful reality of homosexuality because you are so personally attached to the issue.
No, not these days. I once was but nowadays I personally don't know any gay people. These days I simply use the Bible as the guide to my stance toward homosexuality since - and I've told you this scores of times previously - it doesn't address homosexuality per se, i.e. the authors had no idea what homosexuality was and so they were unqualified to address the subject. Moreover, I state this with absolute confidence that I'm right. There is no sitting on the fence for me when it comes to this particular issue.

Quote:
Unlike you, I can look at it objectively instead of being so biased.
Where is there a 'spitting out a mouthful of coffee due to astonishment' emoji when one is needed? Did I just read the above correctly or did you type it without thinking?

Quote:
If I'm wrong, prove it. But you failed miserably at that task.
I've proven you wrong any number of times, Jeff, when it comes to the Bible and its lack of reference to homosexuality. How many more times need I do so before you catch on?

Old 11-01-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
She said she agreed it was unacceptable, generally speaking, but she didn't say anything specific against the poster for attacking me. Your side will NEVER criticize each other as long as everyone is trashing us. You could earn a little respect and admit that it was horrible thing for your buddy to say to me, but nope, you won't.
I have heard worse, it's not something to cry about. There is an old saying, "if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch." Unfortunately, we do say things out of haste which cannot be taken back, so we learn to live with that, or we forgive and move on. What I disagree with is discrimination, regardless of what someone believes, especially when those being discriminated against have not harmed someone else. Personally, I am heterosexual, but I have no problem when it comes to the way people are born, whether homosexual or that of down syndrome, each have the right to life; and to live it without someone else discriminating against them because they do not care for the way the person was born. And, contrary to popular opinion - it is not a learned or acquired behavior, or because someone has been abused. My wife was abused by men, but she never became something that she was not.

Instead of condemning people, and telling them how dirty and unworthy they are, perhaps you should take a closer look, and see how you would feel - if you were born other than what you are. Maybe you would have a bit more compassion and understanding without all the judgment. If you honestly believe you can change from being heterosexual, then go right ahead and try. I bet you can't, if indeed you were born that way. We should help people to be the best they can be without passing out our judgments, unless there is abuse and direct injury or harm. And the things that you have compared or used as a contrast, whether you admit to it or not, do not even come close to that of loving relationships.

You might have a better discussion if you actually listened to what people have been trying to say. It doesn't mean you cannot feel or believe what you do - they understand where you are coming from - it's just that they disagree for various reasons. I have looked at both sides of the equation, and have concluded that people are people, regardless if I agree with everything. And should be treated the same way I would treat my own family, or have someone treat me. However, that does not mean that I will not stand up for others who are being treated unjustly, and have done nothing to cause injury to that of another person. And you have said some nasty things, or at least they come across that way. No one is entirely innocent when voicing out their view or opinion.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:33 AM

3,061 posts, read 915,762 times
Quote:
Wow, who am I dealing with here ...an adolescent who just had his candy pulled away from him?

Anyway . . .I (and, I think the one to whom we're referencing) don't believe in hell as you appear to, Jeff. And, as awful a belief as it is, the belief that an actual place of eternal torment awaits millions upon millions of people who simply didn't accept your specific party line of religion, YOU believe that hell-fire is justified for them. Someone, even though they don't believe in hell, turned the tables on you, Jeff, and you become red-faced with hysteria - well almost - whenever you're led to bring it up, which is more often than it probably needs to be.

Hmmm . . .we seem to be at odds with the definition of 'attack' and 'address'. I'm not in the habit of attacking you,Jeff.

Poor baby. You can dish it out but not take it.

Jeff, I'm uncomfortable at resorting to making fun of you but I really can't take you seriously these days and therefore funnin' with you seems to be my only recourse.

No, not these days. I once was but nowadays I personally don't know any gay people. These days I simply use the Bible as the guide to my stance toward homosexuality since - and I've told you this scores of times previously - it doesn't address homosexuality per se, i.e. the authors had no idea what homosexuality was and so they were unqualified to address the subject. Moreover, I state this with absolute confidence that I'm right. There is no sitting on the fence for me when it comes to this particular issue.

Where is there a 'spitting out a mouthful of coffee due to astonishment' emoji when one is needed? Did I just read the above correctly or did you type it without thinking?

I've proven you wrong any number of times, Jeff, when it comes to the Bible and its lack of reference to homosexuality. How many more times need I do so before you catch on?
Hello there Romulus, I see that you stated, that the bible supports the belief that an actual place of eternal torment awaits millions upon millions of people. I don’t know from where you received that erroneous load of rubbish, but it certainly is not to be found in the Scripture.

Revelation 20: 10; reveals that the eternal torment is reserved only for the devil, the beast and the false prophet…….. “Then the devil who had deceived them, was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”

Jesus said that we all must die once then go off into judgement, where the righteous disembodied Spirits enter into a state of rest, and over them, the second death (Which is that of the spirit) has no power, while the unrighteous disembodied spirits, suffer terrible mental torment as they await the great day of Judgement.

Isaiah also re-enforces this belief in Isaiah 57: 1-2; he says; “Good people die, and no one understands or even cares. But when they (Good People) die, no calamity can hurt them. Those who lead good lives find peace and rest in death.

It is on the day of the great judgement, when those who chose life are divided from those disembodied spirits who had chosen death. It is then as revealed in Revelation 21: 8; that the cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral and those who practice magic, etc, etc, are cast into the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is their second death, the death of those minds/spirits.

No more suffering, just eternal and everlasting oblivion.

You then went on to say that the scribes used by the author of the bible, had no idea what homosexuality was and so they were unqualified to address the subject.

Well I believe that they, as almost everyone else who lived in those days, were well aware as to what same gender sex was, but perhaps you are suggesting that those scribes, never having experienced male to male sex themselves, and had never been sodomised, nor had they ever sodomised another male, were unqualified to address the subject, and only those with that experience behind them, are qualified to address the subject.

You continued on the subject of homosexuality by saying; “Moreover, I state this with absolute confidence that I'm right. There is no sitting on the fence for me when it comes to this particular issue.” Suggesting that although the bible scribes, according to your own words, had no idea what homosexuality was and so they were unqualified to address the subject, you believe that you are qualified to do so.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:03 AM

The terms malakos and arsenokoites were not translated as homosexuals, until 1946.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity