Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 10:20 AM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
Do you really want to play? It has been said that Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. And you are a moderator. I was raised to respect law enforcement, and still etched in my mind are my father's words: "Never bad mouth a cop!"
Well, I wasn't posting here as a moderator, but as a member. However, talking about the "sin of pride" that you have assigned to me is really off-topic, so we'd best just let it go before the other mod slaps me. He just had to do a major cleanup of off-topic posts on this thread the other day, and I don't think he'd appreciate me making more work for him.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 AM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What sinful life am I living exactly? Not believing that the scripture is literally God's Word is your idea of a "sinful life"?

Guess what. God already knows I cannot buy into that, and why, and that's something I might rather discuss directly with God rather than some anonymous schmoe on a message board, don't you think? Would you have me lie to God about believing something I can't believe? How would that work out?

I'm not sure what other sins you kids imagine I am committing, lol. I bet my life is a lot more exciting in your heads than it is in reality. I don't even cheat at cards when the opportunity arises.
MQ, your off-topic repartee with the mythical creatures who live under bridges is actually more entertaining than the topic. Reminds me of the old days when the forum was more like the Wild West! As a victim of my own enjoyment back then, I would caution you, though. I hurt two of my best friends back then who happened to be moderators and created a permanent and vindictive enemy as well.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:01 AM

521 posts, read 164,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, I wasn't posting here as a moderator, but as a member. However, talking about the "sin of pride" that you have assigned to me is really off-topic, so we'd best just let it go before the other mod slaps me. He just had to do a major cleanup of off-topic posts on this thread the other day, and I don't think he'd appreciate me making more work for him.

But pointing to your sin of pride and getting you to look at it is relevant to the topic about Christianity and LGBTQs. You are adamant in your promotion of a version of Christianity that leads them astray in the same manner that Satan led Adam astray through Eve, the weak link in the lifeline that anchors mankind to God.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:02 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,088,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
look at me "im so vain" you probably think i was talking about you. if you supported that legal change then i am not referring to you. someone else had mentioned that they believe that a small vocal group made that change happen so i think its safe to assume they did not support it.
No, I did not support the legal change of definition of marriage. But no, it's not because I believe homosexuality to be immoral. There ARE legitimate reasons to disagree with someone other than that. Have you considered that? Please don't believe the lie that if I disagree with a lifestyle that I hate the person.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM

2,962 posts, read 870,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I must say, sree251, you are pithy and very insightful.

Regarding the first post above, the push toward a one-world government is certainly part and parcel of much of the New Age version of Christianity - and, of course, fits nicely with what Christians who take the Bible seriously believe will occur in the end times.

But I think it's more than this. The New Age version of Christianity is in fact an anti-Christianity. Precisely as we might expect of a diabolical counterfeit, it stands Christian doctrine on its head and substitutes superficially appealing notions of "niceness" and "tolerance." Hence the support for things like the LGBTQ movement, which 99.9999% of all Christians who ever lived up to about 50 years ago would have regarded with horror and as the absolute depth of depravity.

I love how Certain Posters caught up in the New Age mindset think that on judgment day they are going to explain to God how they did the best they could, all that Bible stuff just didn't resonate with them, they preferred the "nice" Jesus to the one of the Gospels, they really hope that God will take a broad and inclusive view of their well-meaning foibles, yada yada yada.
Well put. The New Age mindset is typified by a cafeteria-style approach to truth. It’s feel-good preference-seeking rather than genuine truth-seeking.
It is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, a time of a great falling-away and deception via doctrines of demons and doctrines of man.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Spiritual troglodytes playing under their bridges.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:30 AM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
But pointing to your sin of pride and getting you to look at it is relevant to the topic about Christianity and LGBTQs. You are adamant in your promotion of a version of Christianity that leads them astray in the same manner that Satan led Adam astray through Eve, the weak link in the lifeline that anchors mankind to God.
Utter self-righteous nonsense. MQ is doing no such thing but you should consider the wisdom of adding responsibility for the fates of any you convince to follow your beliefs. Presenting them is fine, but promoting and persuading is asking for more responsibility than seems wise, IMO.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:44 AM

521 posts, read 164,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I must say, sree251, you are pithy and very insightful.

Regarding the first post above, the push toward a one-world government is certainly part and parcel of much of the New Age version of Christianity - and, of course, fits nicely with what Christians who take the Bible seriously believe will occur in the end times.

But I think it's more than this. The New Age version of Christianity is in fact an anti-Christianity. Precisely as we might expect of a diabolical counterfeit, it stands Christian doctrine on its head and substitutes superficially appealing notions of "niceness" and "tolerance." Hence the support for things like the LGBTQ movement, which 99.9999% of all Christians who ever lived up to about 50 years ago would have regarded with horror and as the absolute depth of depravity.

I love how Certain Posters caught up in the New Age mindset think that on judgment day they are going to explain to God how they did the best they could, all that Bible stuff just didn't resonate with them, they preferred the "nice" Jesus to the one of the Gospels, they really hope that God will take a broad and inclusive view of their well-meaning foibles, yada yada yada.

Thank you for your comment. The insight was all yours, really. What you said in your posts impressed me. You have a formidable command on the correct reading of the Bible delivered in excellent literary style. I wouldn't be surprised if you have the credentials to teach the subject to both academics as well as practitioners of the faith.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Thank you for your comment. The insight was all yours, really. What you said in your posts impressed me. You have a formidable command on the correct reading of the Bible delivered in excellent literary style. I wouldn't be surprised if you have the credentials to teach the subject to both academics as well as practitioners of the faith.
Irkle has an acolyte!

Kewl!

Majorly.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:51 AM

1,093 posts, read 889,117 times
We do have the Bible. We have to confess our sins and ask Jesus to come into our lives. And then we are given the Holy Spirit to confirm what God says to be the truth. Then we are warned about what is wrong.

You don't ever have to believe in God or Jesus if you don't want to. If you want the salvation of Christ, then you have to believe. If not, there is the default destination of hades. And God lets you choose.

Some people want to be allowed to vote on doctrine. Most of them want to vote to allow wrongdoing. But if you do so, you are voting against God.

If God said not to do something, then don't do it. That should be enough.

The only parts of the Old Testament we are to obey today are the morality laws. Yet they are not laws to us, but are written on our hearts. We obey them to please God. The rest of the Old Testament law was ritual to point to the coming of Christ. Now that Christ has come, those laws are fulfilled and are no longer necessary.

1 Timothy 5:22 says "Do not take part in the sins of others."

Deuteronomy 4:2 says "You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I tell you."

Matthew 7:1 says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

So we are not to participate in the sins others want to commit, we cannot change God's word, and we must not condemn others for what we think they are doing.

Note that telling someone that God considers all GLBT to be sin is not judging. It is warning them of the consequences of such actions so they can turn away from them.

As long as government does not force people to disobey God or use money taken in taxes to disobey God, it does not matter to Christians if government accepts GLBT or not.

It becomes disobedience to God if someone makes a good or performs a service that takes part in the sin of another. In the case of that wedding cake, the Christian cannot do or make anything that takes part in the sin. But he can sell the homosexual a blank cake and a writing kit and the homosexual decorates it any way he wants.

This is exactly analogous to the case where a customer wants a Muslim to handle pork.

It becomes disobedience to God if the Christian pays taxes and then the government spends the tax money to provide abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity