Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 11:52 AM

521 posts, read 163,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter self-righteous nonsense. MQ is doing no such thing but you should consider the wisdom of adding responsibility for the fates of any you convince to follow your beliefs. Presenting them is fine, but promoting and persuading is asking for more responsibility than seems wise, IMO.

Would you care to present an argument to support your conclusions? I can't engage you in battle if you just shout and don't step into the ring.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:56 AM

521 posts, read 163,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Irkle has an acolyte!

Kewl!

Majorly.

Do you have a college education? At least at post graduate level? You don't seem to be able to go beyond posting interjections and emojis. It would be nice to see more of you, metaphorically-speaking.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:58 AM

63,951 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
Would you care to present an argument to support your conclusions? I can't engage you in battle if you just shout and don't step into the ring.
I am avoiding anything that could lead to rancor. I need a respite. But I can find no acceptable rationale that would suggest that our feeling and thinking anything unloving about anyone else for any reason would be resonant with the consciousness I encountered, period. I realize it is largely inconceivable for us humans to actually love those we consider to be evil or our enemies, but I am absolutely convinced by my experiences that God has no such deficiency.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:09 PM

11,910 posts, read 3,739,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Well put. The New Age mindset is typified by a cafeteria-style approach to truth. It’s feel-good preference-seeking rather than genuine truth-seeking.
It is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, a time of a great falling-away and deception via doctrines of demons and doctrines of man.
This falling away (and building up) started in the 1500’s and is societal

It is not your average person who is the problem, it is the systems both religious and political that have embedded in them the seeds of that corruption

As individuals we are to test the establishment but not to rebel, that was the mistake the Protestant revolution made, was to think it was their duty to dominate and repress - from that dominating/repressiveness comes the systems that causes the imbalance that affects society

They were not to establish the same structures that Rome had built

You reap what you sow

Old 02-05-2021, 12:21 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,065,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter self-righteous nonsense. MQ is doing no such thing but you should consider the wisdom of adding responsibility for the fates of any you convince to follow your beliefs. Presenting them is fine, but promoting and persuading is asking for more responsibility than seems wise, IMO.
The irony is astounding

Old 02-05-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The irony is astounding
Presenting, explaining, and defending our views can seem like persuasion, but it is entirely defensive, BapFun. Attacking and trying to eliminate dangerous and harmful beliefs is another matter entirely. You have some of those harmful and dangerous beliefs as a fundamentalist as do those more radical than you who fly planes into buildings or kill authors for blaspheming Mohammed.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:37 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
But pointing to your sin of pride and getting you to look at it is relevant to the topic about Christianity and LGBTQs. You are adamant in your promotion of a version of Christianity that leads them astray in the same manner that Satan led Adam astray through Eve, the weak link in the lifeline that anchors mankind to God.
Ah, good job at tying that in. Unfortunately for your way of thinking, I don't see myself as leading anyone astray--or even having the power and influence to so do--and after a lifetime of study and thought and prayer (with a stint at trying and failing to be an atheist, lol) I believe I'm doing what Jesus said to do by speaking up for a marginalized segment of our human and Christian community. I didn't seek it out. I'm a straight old woman, not part of the LGBTQ community myself. When I was young, I thought the way you did, but life--and God--taught me to look at things differently. My eyes are opened, I've been granted a bit of wisdom, and there's no turning back into the darkness now.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Do you have a college education? At least at post graduate level? You don't seem to be able to go beyond posting interjections and emojis. It would be nice to see more of you, metaphorically-speaking.
I don't feed your kind.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ah, good job at tying that in. Unfortunately for your way of thinking, I don't see myself as leading anyone astray--or even having the power and influence to so do--and after a lifetime of study and thought and prayer (with a stint at trying and failing to be an atheist, lol) I believe I'm doing what Jesus said to do by speaking up for a marginalized segment of our human and Christian community. I didn't seek it out. I'm a straight old woman, not part of the LGBTQ community myself. When I was young, I thought the way you did, but life--and God--taught me to looks at things differently. My eyes are opened, I've been granted a bit of wisdom, and there's no turning back into the darkness now.
It is difficult for those who enjoyed wallowing in mud to go back once they have bathed and seen the light of truth, MQ.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:09 PM

11,910 posts, read 3,739,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ah, good job at tying that in. Unfortunately for your way of thinking, I don't see myself as leading anyone astray--or even having the power and influence to so do--and after a lifetime of study and thought and prayer (with a stint at trying and failing to be an atheist, lol) I believe I'm doing what Jesus said to do by speaking up for a marginalized segment of our human and Christian community. I didn't seek it out. I'm a straight old woman, not part of the LGBTQ community myself. When I was young, I thought the way you did, but life--and God--taught me to look at things differently. My eyes are opened, I've been granted a bit of wisdom, and there's no turning back into the darkness now.
I think a lot of people have had a similar experience MQ (me included)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity