Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 06:59 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I don't know, I haven't kept up with them. All I know is what is written in scripture.

But one thing I do know, they existed, and they still do.
You "know" they existed when Leviticus was written. I doubt that. I seriously doubt that there was a any "gay community" when Leviticus was written, and I also doubt that anybody in that day and time ever considered the possibility that two men or two women might enter into a loving relationship (regardless of what they might or might not do with their sex organs).

Old 02-17-2021, 07:03 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You "know" they existed when Leviticus was written. I doubt that. I seriously doubt that there was a any "gay community" when Leviticus was written, and I also doubt that anybody in that day and time ever considered the possibility that two men or two women might enter into a loving relationship (regardless of what they might or might not do with their sex organs).
I think they existed, but they kept it hidden, as they did right up until the last couple of decades.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:05 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
If they didn't exist in Lev. why did God write in the Law that same sex acts of man or women were to be stoned to death?

Old 02-17-2021, 07:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
If they didn't exist in Lev. why did God write in the Law that same sex acts of man or women were to be stoned to death?
"God" didn't.

Anonymous, primitive, barbaric sand-poopers did.

And bigots continue to call them "god's word" because it gives them permission to hate Others and feel ever-so-special about their own sickly twisted lives.

Fundies would be pathetic if they weren't so full of hate.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
"God" didn't.

Anonymous, primitive, barbaric sand-poopers did.

And bigots continue to call them "god's word" because it gives them permission to hate Others and feel ever-so-special about their own sickly twisted lives.

Fundies would be pathetic if they weren't so full of hate.
You can deny it all the day long, but it's still there.

When you tell God what you have told me, He will laugh at ya.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
You can deny it all the day long, but it's still there.

When you tell God what you have told me, He will laugh at ya.
No way.

It will be too busy tossing fundies into hell.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No way.

It will be too busy tossing fundies into hell.
We will see! Just as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Simple. Pagans were using sex acts in temple rites in worship of other gods. Naturally, other gods are not approved by the "One God," so they had to be condemned.

Have you stoned anybody lately?

Old 02-17-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Simple. Pagans were using sex acts in temple rites in worship of other gods. Naturally, other gods are not approved by the "One God," so they had to be condemned.

Have you stoned anybody lately?
That's probably true, God laid down laws for Israel that they necessarily were not doing but were warned not to do. Nevertheless, homosexuals inhabited the earth at that time.

Have I stoned anyone lately? I am not living under the death of the Law, Christ delivered us from that curse.

In Acts 2, on the day of Pentecost, mercy and grace overtook the merciless Law!

Old 02-17-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
That's probably true, God laid down laws for Israel that they necessarily were not doing but were warned not to do. Nevertheless, homosexuals inhabited the earth at that time.

Have I stoned anyone lately? I am not living under the death of the Law, Christ delivered us from that curse.

In Acts 2, on the day of Pentecost, mercy and grace overtook the merciless Law!
Hmmm. Jesus said not a letter of the law was changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity