Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 02:48 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,346,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH.

"I hate gays because God hates gays"... Same tired old nonsense. You can't sympathize/empathize with the gay community and still believe they should "pray the gay away" or somehow otherwise become straight. That isn't how it works, period. Coming from someone part of the LGBT community. If you truly understood what they/we go through and what they/we feel, you wouldn't hold the beliefs you do. If you did any research on it and actually comprehend it, you wouldn't hold the views you do. If you truly cared about gay people, and not just yourself (which is clearly all you care about. You and yours. Shown by your fear of making your tyrant God angry), you wouldn't hold the views you do. Periodt.

I wasn't here a few months ago, but I was here when the thread was started, and I have seen MANY people just like you come through. The ignorance and bigotry emanates from you and your ilk. The true abominations. Wasting the brain that your God gave you by letting others do the thinking for you. Sad.
If you have the Spirit of God dwelling inside, you can love the sinner and hate the sin.

Have compassion for the person and despise what sin can do.

This is who Jesus is, who He is conforming His children into, who He wants us to be.

Paul told us that though we have all faith that could move mountains, understand all mysteries, and have all knowledge, and have not love, we are nothing.

Old 04-27-2021, 02:55 PM

88,956 posts, read 85,489,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
If you have the Spirit of God dwelling inside, you can love the sinner and hate the sin.

Have compassion for the person and despise what sin can do.

This is who Jesus is, who He is conforming His children into, who He wants us to be.

Paul told us that though we have all faith that could move mountains, understand all mysteries, and have all knowledge, and have not love, we are nothing.
I think what you are missing is that your belief that a book that says being gay/bi, etc., is a "sin" is the same as what GOD says is what is wrong and harmful. The people who wrote those things in the context of their cultural and tribal beliefs said that, NOT the God who made those people as they are.

God did not write those words. People did, Charlie. People.

IMiss is not a "sinner" that you have to pretend to love while hating her "sin", because there isn't any sin. She is one of the percentage of human beings who was born with an attraction to both men and women. That's not a sin any more than being left-handed is a sin. It's not important. Loving one another is important, and telling someone that they are a sinner because they are in effect left-handed is not loving, not Christlike. It's the opposite.

Look at your posts, over and over they are repetitive versions of "but the scripture but the scripture but the scripture but the scripture". Scripture is not God.

I hope that someday your eyes will open and you will stop putting a mere book, the handiwork of humans, above God.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think what you are missing is that your belief that a book that says being gay/bi, etc., is a "sin" is the same as what GOD says is what is wrong and harmful. The people who wrote those things in the context of their cultural and tribal beliefs said that, NOT the God who made those people as they are.

God did not write those words. People did, Charlie. People.

IMiss is not a "sinner" that you have to pretend to love while hating her "sin", because there isn't any sin. She is one of the percentage of human beings who was born with an attraction to both men and women. That's not a sin any more than being left-handed is a sin. It's not important. Loving one another is important, and telling someone that they are a sinner because they are in effect left-handed is not loving, not Christlike. It's the opposite.

Look at your posts, over and over they are repetitive versions of "but the scripture but the scripture but the scripture but the scripture". Scripture is not God.

I hope that someday your eyes will open and you will stop putting a mere book, the handiwork of humans, above God.
Thank God it's Him that can see in my heart and be the Judge of whether I am honest or pretending, I have no faith in mans ability or mine.

I must disagree on your theory Mq! We've been over this before, at least I think it was you.

There are many sexual sins, homosexuality is indeed one of them, and let's just be honest here, these sins are worthy of death, as the scripture says.

These are the words of God given to Moses to be written in the Law.

Lev. 20:13

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Now you can say no this not what God said, but it's plainly written for everyone to see.

Believe what you like, I choose to believe God!

Old 04-27-2021, 03:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
You can't reason with the unreasonable.

You can't think for the unthinking.

You can't teach empathy to a doorknob.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You can't reason with the unreasonable.

You can't think for the unthinking.

You can't teach empathy to a doorknob.
You can't reason with the unwilling that "the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23

Old 04-27-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Thank God it's Him that can see in my heart and be the Judge of whether I am honest or pretending, I have no faith in mans ability or mine.

I must disagree on your theory Mq! We've been over this before, at least I think it was you.

There are many sexual sins, homosexuality is indeed one of them, and let's just be honest here, these sins are worthy of death, as the scripture says.

These are the words of God given to Moses to be written in the Law.

Lev. 20:13

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Now you can say no this not what God said, but it's plainly written for everyone to see.

Believe what you like, I choose to believe God!
No, Charlie, you choose to believe that what human beings wrote is what God said because they said it was what God said. There is a huge difference.

And you are right, we've been over this before.

You are stuck.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
You can't reason with the unwilling that "the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23
IS DEATH...IS DEATH...IS DEATH...

Some comedian did that once. I forget who it was, but anyway, I always thought it should be "the wages of sin ARE death", no?

At any rate, the entire sentence is "The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life." It's meant to be a positive statement.

It always cracks me up how excited some fundamentalist Christians get at the thought of the condemnation of "the Others". It oozes even through the typed words.

You may find yourself very disappointed, Charlie.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
IS DEATH...IS DEATH...IS DEATH...

Some comedian did that once. I forget who it was, but anyway, I always thought it should be "the wages of sin ARE death", no?

At any rate, the entire sentence is "The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life." It's meant to be a positive statement.

It always cracks me up how excited some fundamentalist Christians get at the thought of the condemnation of "the Others". It oozes even through the typed words.

You may find yourself very disappointed, Charlie.
You're probably right about the "is" "are" thing, I just quoted it as written in scripture.

Yes again, it definitely is meant to be a positive statement.

But, always the but right, it has the warning attached as so many other times throughout scripture.

Oh yea, I'm sure I'm going to be surprised about a lot of things I have wrong.

But this is not one of them, bet the whole farm on this one. If I were a betting man, not!

Old 04-27-2021, 03:58 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,880,378 times
Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19, Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21, Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22, Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26, For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27, And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28, And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29, Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32, Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I once shared these verses with a bisexual and he didn't understand what they are saying.

So, those who are blinded by the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) may not see what this passage is actually saying.

If they were to understand, they would be held accountable for the knowledge given to them. So, God withholds that knowledge by preventing them from understanding what is written; until their hearts become soft enough to receive and obey the principles in these kinds of passages. Otherwise their judgment would be more severe for that they knew their master's will; so they would be beaten with many stripes.

One thing that is clear is that the wrath of the Lord is revelaed "from heaven" against the things spoken of in this passage. In order for there to be wrath from heaven, the thing upon which wrath is executed would have to be truly hellish by nature.

Old 04-27-2021, 04:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
...snipping the biblical blather...

One thing that is clear is that the wrath of the Lord is revelaed "from heaven" against the things spoken of in this passage. In order for there to be wrath from heaven, the thing upon which wrath is executed would have to be truly hellish by nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity