Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2021, 11:26 PM

2,962 posts, read 870,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I had assumed from my previous dealing with you that you were better than that, Iwasmadenew.
I was playful pointing out that you're essentially asking Charlie to change his worldview based on your fringe interpretation of some Bible verses. You must know how wildly unrealistic that is. If you're not actually expecting to change his mind, what is it that you're trying to accomplish?

Old 05-03-2021, 12:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I was playful pointing out that you're essentially asking Charlie to change his worldview based on your fringe interpretation of some Bible verses. You must know how wildly unrealistic that is. If you're not actually expecting to change his mind, what is it that you're trying to accomplish?
Who is being unrealistic?

Old 05-03-2021, 04:10 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,778,705 times
Quote:
So far, it doesn't seem like your post was seen as playful. Rom's reading has a lot of common sense in it. I certainly wouldn't characterize it as a fringe interpretation. It shows a lot more thought than most.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:48 AM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
So far, it doesn't seem like your post was seen as playful. Rom's reading has a lot of common sense in it. I certainly wouldn't characterize it as a fringe interpretation. It shows a lot more thought than most.
Also, as some of us point out regularly, we hope that lurkers who may be reading will consider the thought even when we know there is little chance that Bible literalists will not or cannot.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:07 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,339,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Also, as some of us point out regularly, we hope that lurkers who may be reading will consider the thought even when we know there is little chance that Bible literalists will not or cannot.
What thought is that MQ? The thought I see coming from Rom is one of denial of the Word of God.

He denies homosexuality is a sin, that God sees it as sin. That there is no judgement for these acts that God calls an abomination.

In your opinion, is he correct?

Old 05-03-2021, 06:17 AM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What thought is that MQ? The thought I see coming from Rom is one of denial of the Word of God.

He denies homosexuality is a sin, that God sees it as sin. That there is no judgement for these acts that God calls an abomination.

I think you have to substitute "Charlie" for "God" in every instance it appears in the post above.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:22 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,405,155 times
Quote:
Nobody is asking Charlie to convert to Islam or atheist - merely to emerge from the cocoon into the butterfly of Christs Agape Love that all are called to!

Old 05-03-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you have to substitute "Charlie" for "God" in every instance it appears in the post above.
No, Charlie can't substituted for God, but Charlie is expected to declare His Word.

It's plain to see that His Word is rejected across the board in this thread!

Old 05-03-2021, 06:37 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,778,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

I don't see anything Rom has said that is a "denial of the Word of God." He seems to have a thoroughly thought out interpretation. According to a superficial reading of some of the texts, one sexual act may be considered an abomination, but I can't find a verse anywhere that says any sexual attraction or orientation is a sin. Rom seems to have read Leviticus in the context of the circumstances it was addressing.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't see anything Rom has said that is a "denial of the Word of God." He seems to have a thoroughly thought out interpretation. According to a superficial reading of some of the texts, one sexual act may be considered an abomination, but I can't find a verse anywhere that says any sexual attraction or orientation is a sin. Rom seems to have read Leviticus in the context of the circumstances it was addressing.
The scripture plainly says that man lying with man and woman doing the same with woman, is an abomination to God, and worthy of death.

That leads us to one concept on attraction and orientation in this matter, it is a choice!

If it's not a choice, then many here who claim God is a killer and unjust are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity