Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 02:19 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I get your point. But what makes America great is we can agree to disagree. What I'm not liking is when there's a group of people who want you (us)to think, behave, and believe in a particular way eliminating any individual freedom of thinking. When you do, you are labeled a traitor unpatriotic, and enemy of the cause etc and the list goes on and on. To me that's thuggish mentality. It's no different than being in a gang.
Agreed. And look at the cancel culture right now in America. How long until the Conservative Christian is cancelled by the religious left and others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 02:59 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Agreed. And look at the cancel culture right now in America. How long until the Conservative Christian is canceled by the religious left and others?
Your concerns are genuine. Imagine the uproar if the canceling actually emanated from identified religions. It would be labeled as establishing a religion. But because it is emanating from so-called "Politically" Correct concerns it is not seen as establishing a government-sponsored "religion." I find that remarkable in our country specifically ordained with Freedom of Political Speech.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i never said anything about having unlimited freedoms.

government exists to serve us, not the other way around. there is no need for people to be ruled by a government based on where they live. they should be able to choose whatever government they wish or do not wish. why do you have a problem with that?

some people think that they are christians and jesus is their lord. you are really a statist and the government is your lord and savior.
Quote:
Agreed. And look at the cancel culture right now in America. How long until the Conservative Christian is cancelled by the religious left and others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your concerns are genuine. Imagine the uproar if the canceling actually emanated from identified religions. It would be labeled as establishing a religion. But because it is emanating from so-called "Politically" Correct concerns it is not seen as establishing a government-sponsored "religion." I find that remarkable in our country specifically ordained with Freedom of Political Speech.
I’m not an American, I do believe in law and order for individuals and for society generally, what I see in North America is the breaking down of the vision that the founding Fathers had for the USA into a divided society with issues that have built up and not been resolved

There is religious, racial tensions and also political tensions that are about 2 political parties being against each other and not for the country as a united whole

I don’t have a problem with America sorting out what they want for their country but the reality is that the American social upheavals also affects other countries

It’s not just about USA either there is a global community which is also seeing the need to work out how the relate to each other on political, ethical terms Which has been going on a long time

Old 01-23-2021, 05:10 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
This is the Christianity forum, not the Politics forum.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:21 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%. But the Bible has already warned us about these last days. I'll leave it at that.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:10 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
There is no movement to cancel conservative Christians. No one is stopping you from carrying on your Christian life. You can pray, fast, read the bible, attend church, practice your religion as you see fit. However, you don't have a right to impose that practice on anyone else. Some Christians think it's their duty ( I know, I know, great commission and all that) to proselytize. That's when they run into problems. People don't want to hear it and when they don't allow it, Christians cry persecution. Christians bring persecution on themselves by foisting their beliefs on others.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:12 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
My mom.

Stand for the flag, surprised how much I hear her on the radio.

https://youtu.be/HJnY-BoXvRQ

Old 02-05-2021, 06:21 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I agree with you 100%. But the Bible has already warned us about these last days. I'll leave it at that.
Be nice if this thread talked about the bible, and this is gonna be the best last days end of the world ever.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There is no movement to cancel conservative Christians. No one is stopping you from carrying on your Christian life. You can pray, fast, read the bible, attend church, practice your religion as you see fit. However, you don't have a right to impose that practice on anyone else. Some Christians think it's their duty ( I know, I know, great commission and all that) to proselytize. That's when they run into problems. People don't want to hear it and when they don't allow it, Christians cry persecution. Christians bring persecution on themselves by foisting their beliefs on others.
You are absolutely right. Unfortunately some of my Christian brothers and sisters seem to think that when God told us to go out and evangelize the world that also meant that we were supposed to go out and moralize the world as well. The Bible has never told us to put our beliefs on a non-believer. We are commanded to go out tell the world about the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and leave it at that. If the person rejects it, Then we should move on to the next person in agape love.

However as a Bible believing Christian if one of our fellow Christian who attends our church or another church gets involved in sin that's and only then when we are to come to them in Christian love to discuss the sin and correct their behavior.

Christians aren't supposed to go and correct the behavior of an unbeliever. The Bible never teaches that.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's weird, but then again, we've got lots of weirdness in this country. Freedom to be strange.

Just grin and roll your eyes, and move on...
You are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity