Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 05:03 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times

Advertisements

her flag.

I had to gently tell her that I only bow down to my God and my LORD and Savior simply because that's a form of idolatry.

It's disturbing to me that people are putting their country, political views, and even their own religion over God or at least putting them on the same level as God.

What do you think about people bowing down to the American Flag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 05:18 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Crazy

Old 01-10-2021, 05:22 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
They're going to hell.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:47 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
her flag.

I had to gently tell her that I only bow down to my God and my LORD and Savior simply because that's a form of idolatry.

It's disturbing to me that people are putting their country, political views, and even their own religion over God or at least putting them on the same level as God.

Same as you sir, what it is exactly, idolotry. All Christians allegiance belongs to God. The American flag, nor the country it represents is God's Kingdom, the government in which all Christians submit to.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:00 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
her flag.

Obviously she claims to be a Christian. Her comment was not meant to be taken as you have taken it.

She bows to God as all Christians will do, but the American flag is a different type of bowing, you should know that.

She is referring to respect for what our country stands for, our motte, "In God We Trust."

Any Christian will easily recognize this!

Old 01-11-2021, 06:03 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
her flag.

Why is it assumed that America is the only country on earth? This may come as a surprise to you but there are many millions of people who actually live in other countries. If they bow down to any flag at all it would not be the American flag.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:58 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
her flag. I had to gently tell her that I only bow down to my God and my LORD and Savior simply because that's a form of idolatry. It's disturbing to me that people are putting their country, political views, and even their own religion over God or at least putting them on the same level as God. What do you think about people bowing down to the American Flag?
anything that we worship or bow down to ,other than Jehovah God and Jesus. even though Jesus showed that ALL honor belongs to his Father. because he Honored his Father ,(John 8:49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me). see also (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). all praises belongs to God alone ,is what Jesus said to satan, (Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve’).

another verse ,(Exo. 20:4-6 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me. but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments). we obey the the governments, just as long as it doesn't go against Jehovah God, (Matt. 22:21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s”).

flags don't represent God, just ones country and it's leaders. flags are idols and NO idol can make this world a better place to live. it can't bring world peace, remove sickness, world hunger, or even stop death. satan plays a big part in having mankind believe that we can serve God and our country equally. we can't and shouldn't try, one will be placed above the other. some may say..."that's NOT true", but our actions ALWAYS prove this. for example, if we choose to go to war, we're placing loyalty to man/country instead of God. we we choose not to, we're putting God first. Jesus obey the governments, but he NEVER place them before his Father. peace

Old 01-11-2021, 11:17 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
her flag.

...i agree with what you told the cashier...

..i guess i would have asked her, which flag she bows to?...the 'Stars and Stripes' or the 'U.S.' flag with the bright gold fringe around the border that we see in every courtroom, every government office, on every government building, every parade, etc...those flags are very, very different as to what they represent....

...once again, those asking for a link, go do your own homework...or not

Old 01-11-2021, 12:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,018 times
Quote:
her flag.

Flags are of this world.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:03 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
I bow to God and stand up for my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity