Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:00 PM

732 posts, read 214,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I'm afraid not.
Rock art "dinosaurs"

ABSTRACT
To support claims of the coexistence of humans with dinosaurs and pterosaurs, young-earth creationist authors have identified several pieces of ancient rock art as depictions of dinosaurs or pterosaurs. Here, nine such claims are investigated. An alleged pterosaur painting in Black Dragon Canyon, Utah, is actually not a single painting. Its "head" and "neck" are a painting of a person with outstretched arms. Its torso and limbs are those of a painting of a second person with outstretched arms, whose body continues into the "pterosaur's" "wing." The other "wing" is a painting of a horned serpent. The three paintings only appear connected because someone outlined the group with chalk. An alleged dinosaur petroglyph in Havasupai Canyon, Arizona, is a stylized bird with an extension on one foot; the hooked line that represents its head and neck is a stylized bird head. A second alleged dinosaur petroglyph in Havasupai Canyon is a stylized bighorn sheep or rabbit. An alleged dinosaur cave painting in Tanzania is an obvious giraffe. Three alleged cave paintings of long-necked dinosaurs in Zambia have short necks and most likely represent lizards. An alleged dinosaur painting on Agawa Rock in Lake Superior Provincial Park, Ottawa, represents Underwater Panther, a supernatural lake guardian of Ojibwe tradition. An alleged pterosaur painting at Alton, Illinois, is the product of the imagination of a nineteenth-century American author. These pieces of rock art now join the ever-growing pile of discredited "evidence" for the ancient coexistence of humans and dinosaurs.

https://palaeo-electronica.org/conte...-art-dinosaurs
Dinosaurs went extinct some 65 million years ago, except for birds which are believed to have descended from the theropod group of Dinosaurs. Get over it, and you really need to get an education.
I'm not familiar with any of those, they must have never had the merit of the one I know.about at the bottom.of Kachina bridge in Utah. Its unmistakable, unlike what you just replied with.
Also in Cambodia there is a temple made long ago that has something that is dinosaur looking, you can see it yourself, I'm busy at work at moment. Let me know.if you find it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 12:06 PM

33,383 posts, read 26,690,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
I'm not familiar with any of those, they must have never had the merit of the one I know.about at the bottom.of Kachina bridge in Utah. Its unmistakable, unlike what you just replied with.
Also in Cambodia there is a temple made long ago that has something that is dinosaur looking, you can see it yourself, I'm busy at work at moment. Let me know.if you find it
Oh, good grief. Give it up. Last time. . . dinosaurs went extinct some 65 million years ago.

And the one in Cambodia is claimed to be a Stegosaurus. It isn't. There are no Stegosaurus's roaming Cambodia today or for many millions of years, and the carving isn't even anatomically correct.

https://www.fringepop321.com/the-ang...tegosaurus.htm

Last edited by Michael Way; 04-26-2021 at 12:17 PM..

Old 04-26-2021, 12:20 PM

89,007 posts, read 85,529,711 times
Quote:
First part I have, who said the second part?
I don't know. I saw it on a sign in my old church once, and I thought it made a lot of sense. I don't believe we are meant to set our intellectual abilities aside and be robots. It's kind of like burying the talent, ya know?

Quote:
Do you believe the Bible?
Now there's a sentence that doesn't make sense, but I'm pretty sure you mean "do I believe the Bible is the inerrant, actual, infallible 'Word of God'".

No, I do not. Human beings wrote the 66 books and letters compiled into the volume we now know as "the Bible", and they wrote those books and letters for different reasons. They all represent humanity's search for and attempts to define God, but as one of those very letters pointed out, they all fell short. There's some wisdom in those writings. There's also a lot of purely-human nonsense, which, at the time, probably made sense to the authors.

The human desire to have God defined and watered down and condensed into a neat little black-and-white package one can carry in one's purse makes for a very limited spirituality, as well as something close to idolatry.

ETA: Please do not quote 2 Tim 3:16 in response. It's tiresome and shows no use of that God-given ability to reason.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, good grief. Give it up. Last time. . . dinosaurs went extinct some 65 million years ago.

And the one in Cambodia is claimed to be a Stegosaurus. It isn't. There are no Stegosaurus's roaming Cambodia today or for many millions of years, and the carving isn't even anatomically correct.

Are you familiar with the Kachina bridge one? Its been verified that it wasn't a recently made one, the rock patina is impossible to replicate during the time it was actually discovered. I used to be just like you, same times for this and that, the Cambodia temple was made long ago, its there so you must accept it. Nobody said they are still running around but its impossible to prove imperically that they didn't exist 1 or 2000 years ago or so. The dating methods you mention possess flaws too well known, these numbers change time to time, simply proving that it doesn't prove anything, just mere men and woman making up what they want.
Just remember I was once like you.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:35 PM

64,116 posts, read 40,420,114 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with the Kachina bridge one? Its been verified that it wasn't a recently made one, the rock patina is impossible to replicate during the time it was actually discovered. I used to be just like you, same times for this and that, the Cambodia temple was made long ago, its there so you must accept it. Nobody said they are still running around but its impossible to prove imperically that they didn't exist 1 or 2000 years ago or so. The dating methods you mention possess flaws too well known, these numbers change time to time, simply proving that it doesn't prove anything, just mere men and woman making up what they want.
I don't see it as a change for the better, IMO.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,318,758 times
Quote:
...snip...

Let me guess...

And then you fell and hit your head?

Old 04-26-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Let me guess...

How did you know that?

Old 04-26-2021, 12:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,318,758 times
Quote:
How did you know that?
I'm psychic.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:39 PM

159 posts, read 94,034 times
God wrote the Bible, in part, to reveal Himself to humanity and to reveal the person of Jesus Christ to the world.

The Bible presupposes God's existence, man's depravity, the existence of angels and demons, future end-time events, etc. - many things that cannot be measured or quantified or observed scientifically.

To answer the question - no, the Bible does not teach science nor speak to it. That is not the intent or purpose of the Bible.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,486,204 times
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Let me guess...

Quote:
How did you know that?
Did someone say, they saw a dinosaur ...?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity