Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 05:40 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
OK, Mystic, do it the way you see fit, but I choose Christ and His way.
Since you don't have a choice, as you say, then good luck, your going to need it!
But you don't choose Christ's way, Charlie, you choose the Bible's way. We would have no disagreement if you actually chose Christ's way of agape love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 05:47 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you don't choose Christ's way, Charlie, you choose the Bible's way. We would have no disagreement if you actually chose Christ's way of agape love.
I choose Christ's salvation first! I choose to love Him, honor Him, and praise Him.

I choose to do the right thing according to the scripture in every way and let Him take care of the rest.

If all is well in my relationship with Him, He will see that all else is fulfilled in my life.

I don't concentrate on what I must do, I concentrate on loving Him and doing what I know is right!

Old 07-06-2021, 05:53 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
It’s not just about choosing either/or, its about how things develop and what you have inherited to a certain extent

The bible has been “crafted” and seems to work in unison with “spirit” and our own state of mind, personally and collectively, will determine what we see in it, how we interpret it, how we “translate” it’s meaning, and how we use it

And all of that has had, and continues to have, consequences

Old 07-06-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I choose Christ's salvation first! I choose to love Him, honor Him, and praise Him.
I choose to do the right thing according to the scripture in every way and let Him take care of the rest.
If all is well in my relationship with Him, He will see that all else is fulfilled in my life.
I don't concentrate on what I must do, I concentrate on loving Him and doing what I know is right!
It is good that you love Him, but why do you not honor His repeated instructions to love one another too. That is how we are identified as His followers? You can't choose salvation, Charlie. Jesus already did that part. We are to TRY to emulate His agape love to take advantage of His perfect agape love (Grace) to cover our imperfections and failures.

You are focused on the wrong things and the wrong Bad News Gospel of demons and damnation, instead of His Good News Gospel of love and reconciliation. What we do for agape love is a gazillion times more valuable to God than anything we do out of fear of Hell and damnation!

Old 07-06-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It is good that you love Him, but why do you not honor His repeated instructions to love one another too. That is how we are identified as His followers? You can't choose salvation, Charlie. Jesus already did that part. We are to TRY to emulate His agape love to take advantage of His perfect agape love (Grace) to cover our imperfections and failures.

You are focused on the wrong things and the wrong Bad News Gospel of demons and damnation, instead of His Good News Gospel of love and reconciliation. What we do for agape love is a gazillion times more valuable to God than anything we do out of fear of Hell and damnation!
I've got it right! I don't deny what I don't won't from scripture, I take it all and preach it all!

You Mystic, are a false prophet teaching to ignore and deny the scripture the Lord has given us!

Anyone here can see that, they may not say so or even care. But I am telling you the truth and you know it!

Old 07-06-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I've got it right! I don't deny what I don't won't from scripture, I take it all and preach it all!
You Mystic, are a false prophet teaching to ignore and deny the scripture the Lord has given us!
Anyone here can see that, they may not say so or even care. But I am telling you the truth and you know it!
You cannot resist lying about me, can you, Charlie? I do not deny or ignore scripture. I make sure to identify it AS scripture by TESTING the spirit of it against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You do NOT! You blindly accept it all as scripture, misleading yourself and others. You should be worried about that, Charlie, even if the consequences won't be eternal.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-06-2021 at 08:56 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You cannot resist lying about me, can you, Charlie? I do not deny or ignore scripture. I make sure to identify it AS scripture by TESTING the spirit of it against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revelaewd and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You do NOT! You blindly accept it all as scripture, misleading yourself and others. You should be worried about that, Charlie, even if the consequences won't be eternal.
LOL, "you blindly accept it all as scripture." That's right I sure do!

You don't accept it as all scripture, but I'm the liar. LOL

I would say about 1/3 of total scripture presents the wrath of God and judgement.

That would mean Mystic denies and ignores about 1/3 of scripture.

I'll bet God is proud of that, gold stars all around for Mystic.

Can't wait to see the treasures you have in store on the other side!

Old 07-06-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I would say about 1/3 of total scripture presents the wrath of God and judgement.
Whatever amount of non-scripture there is in the Bible, MYSTIC is NOT the one rejecting it. The Holy Spirit of agape love revealed by JESUS REJECTS IT. As long as you are happily rejecting the Holy Spirit of God by accepting everything in the Bible as scripture, I can't help you. I don't know what consequences attend that rejection of the Holy Spirit in favor of words "written in ink" but at least it won't be eternal.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:07 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,925 times
Quote:

it is very simple, people whom God addressed needed exactly such God in hope that some day they would attend God's message , not Moloch's party. some people just did not need such message...
read it as an archetype:
14"For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."

Old 07-06-2021, 11:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
it is very simple, people whom God addressed needed exactly such God in hope that some day they would attend God's message , not Moloch's party. some people just did not need such message...
read it as an archetype:
14"For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."
And this started right at the beginning when there was Cain and Abel (brothers) the murderer from the beginning and all those that follow that example are collected together in their “generations” different names used but the same “types”

BTW The same was with Rome (another law-giver) has their own brothers Romulus and Remus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

In Roman mythology, Romulus and Remus (Latin: [ˈroːmʊlʊs], [ˈrɛmʊs]) are twin brothers whose story tells the events that led to the founding of the city of Rome and the Roman Kingdom by Romulus. The killing of Remus by his twin, along with other tales from their story, have inspired artists throughout the ages. Since ancient times, the image of a she-wolf suckling the twins has been a symbol of the city of Rome and the ancient Romans. Although the tale takes place before the founding of Rome around 750 BC, the earliest known written account of the myth is from the late 3rd century BC. Possible historical basis for the story, as well as whether the twins' myth was an original part of Roman myth or a later development, is a subject of ongoing debate.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-06-2021 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity