Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 05:51 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

Paul does not fail me. For He is indirectly substantiated by Jesus Christ Himself.

For Jesus substantiated Peter (John 14:26, 16:13) and Peter substantiated Paul (2 Peter 3:15-16).

btw, Paul also substantiated the rest of holy scripture with a statement of his own (2 Timothy 3:15-17)....and without Paul's writings, we do not have the substantiation of all of holy scripture.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-19-2021 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 07:17 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You want this simplistic and simple-minded interpretation to be true so you can feel righteous and holy by parroting words, but it is not true. This is your version of "easy believism" to make it easy to be righteous and holy. Grow up and actually try to love God and each other every day and repent when you fail, period.
Wow. Have you ever taken a step back and really LOOKED at the crap you post?

You spew this stuff while telling us we need to ooze agape love?

Old 08-19-2021, 09:56 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wow. Have you ever taken a step back and really LOOKED at the crap you post?
You spew this stuff while telling us we need to ooze agape love?
I am neither Jesus nor God, at least I do not threaten eternal damnation! I am just trying to correct those of you who currently believe in the kind of God that is OPPOSITE of the one revealed by Jesus Christ.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I am neither Jesus nor God, at least I do not threaten eternal damnation! I am just trying to correct those of you who currently believe in the kind of God that is OPPOSITE of the one revealed by Jesus Christ.
I'm talking about the horribly mean things you say while claiming to be full of agape love. You're like the Frank Burns of C-D forums.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about the horribly mean things you say while claiming to be full of agape love. You're like the Frank Burns of C-D forums.
You really have big ones, BF. Talk about pot kettle!!!!

Old 08-19-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You really have big ones, BF. Talk about pot kettle!!!!
I'm not the one that constantly tells others they worship a book, and that their thoughts are barbaric.

You want me to treat you nice? Be nice.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one that constantly tells others they worship a book, and that their thoughts are barbaric.
You want me to treat you nice? Be nice.
When you refer to the Bible as Holy you equate it with the only entity that IS Holy - God. When you combine that reverent title with using its content as if it is the infallible and inerrant word of God OVER testing it against the only human reference we have been given about God, Jesus Christ, THAT is a form of worship of a book.

When you interpret Christ's "wrathless" act of pure and perfect agape love and forgiveness by enduring the wrath and vengeance of our brutal savage ancestors as a blood sacrifice payment to God's wrath and vengeance for "whatever," THAT is barbaric. When you personally identify with these things, it is not ME calling you those things, BF. It is you self-identifying with them.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
When you refer to the Bible as Holy you equate it with the only entity that IS Holy - God.
Another example of you telling us what we believe.

No. I don't. That's stupid. I don't believe the Bible is equal to God.
Quote:

When you combine that reverent title with using its content as if it is the infallible and inerrant word of God OVER testing it against the only human reference we have been given about God, Jesus Christ, THAT is a form of worship of a book.
And when you base the message God has spoken against your own subjective experience you rejected what God has told us.
Quote:

When you interpret Christ's "wrathless" act of pure and perfect agape love and forgiveness by enduring the wrath and vengeance of our brutal savage ancestors as a blood sacrifice payment to God's wrath and vengeance for "whatever," THAT is barbaric. When you personally identify with these things, it is not ME calling you those things, BF. It is you self-identifying with them.
Honestly? I didn't read this last part past the first sentence. It's the same old thing over and over and over.

Your subjective experience means nothing to me.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Another example of you telling us what we believe.
No. I don't. That's stupid. I don't believe the Bible is equal to God.
Calling it Holy is the same thing.
Quote:
And when you base the message God has spoken against your own subjective experience you rejected what God has told us.
Not when it MATCHES what is described about the "mind of Christ" and God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed unambiguously by Jesus on the Cross.
Quote:
Honestly? I didn't read this last part past the first sentence. It's the same old thing over and over and over.
I noticed that about fundies. You deliberately blind yourself to anything that disagrees with your blinkered beliefs about God.
Quote:
Your subjective experience means nothing to me.
It doesn't have to, but the fact that it MATCHES with the Holy Spirit of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, SHOULD!

Old 08-19-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Calling it Holy is the same thing.
Not even close.
Quote:

Not when it MATCHES what is described about the "mind of Christ" and God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed unambiguously by Jesus on the Cross. I noticed that about fundies. You deliberately blind yourself to anything that disagrees with your blinkered beliefs about God. It doesn't have to, but the fact that it MATCHES with the Holy Spirit of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, SHOULD!
When you continue to completely ignore and/or misrepresent what we believe, tell me why anyone should believe a word of what you say about anything? Whether it's about God or anything else?

I suppose it's possible you simply misunderstand me. And if that's the case, then why would I not believe you've been catfished by whatever spirit you claim to be following?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity