Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:59 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus died for the sins of the world. That's what He was sent here to do by the Father.
It was unconscionable, yet inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 11:21 AM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Jesus died for the sins of the world. That's what He was sent here to do by the Father.
No where does scripture actually say that. It is what sinners think it says but for the righteous it says different.

Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihoenai View Post
John 14:20

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

They are not Elohim's/God's Words, if you are not in Elohim/God. The only way to get in Elohim/God is to get the Son.
To get in the Son.

“If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.”

Old 08-22-2021, 12:56 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No where does scripture actually say that. It is what sinners think it says but for the righteous it says different.
Romans 6:8-10 - Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Romans 8:3 - For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

1 Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Hebrews 9:26-28 - Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, 28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

1 Peter 2:21-24 - For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22 WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; 23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed

1 John 1:7 - but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 2:1-2 - My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

1 John 3:5 - You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

Revelation 1:5 - and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

Since I know how much you love to focus on Paul, I added some support for you.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not able to discuss this with those of you who are in love with your physical bodies and cannot conceive of life without them. Spirits are NOT disembodied, they just have spiritual bodies that exst at a different level. Our physical bodies are the spiritual wombs in which we develop our fetal Spirits. Our physical death is our spiritual birth and we have no more need for our physical bodies. I realize you cannot receive this as truth so I will stop trying. Prior to Jesus, no human consciousness (human spirit) had achieved perfect resonance (Identity) with God's Holy Spirit (consciousness). So all human consciousnesses that were born as human spirits were separate from God in the collective human consciousness "bubbles" (BECs). If Jesus had never come, that would have remained a permanent separation of human spirits from God.

When Jesus brought God's perfect Holy Spirit to His human consciousness and was born as the human Holy Spirit (Comforter) on His physical death, He permanently connected all existing human consciousness as spirits to God. That eliminated what would have been the permanent separation of human spirits from God and is how He is the Only Way to God. His human Holy Spirit (Comforter) is the only connection to human spirits.

Our human spirits have to be born again attuned to His human Holy Spirit (however imperfectly) to be with Him and God. That is why there may be a need to refine out any dross from our human spirits (put them completely in tune) after our birth as spirits.
Why do you have a problem taking Scripture as it is presented?

I haven't said a thing about my physical body - yet you say I'm in love with it. You have absolutely no clue... it's just part of the world of make believe in which you reside.

Please give me the Scripture that supports what I underlined above.

Old 08-22-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Romans 6:8-10 - Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Romans 8:3 - For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

1 Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Hebrews 9:26-28 - Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, 28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

1 Peter 2:21-24 - For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22 WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; 23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed

1 John 1:7 - but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 2:1-2 - My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

1 John 3:5 - You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

Revelation 1:5 - and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

Since I know how much you love to focus on Paul, I added some support for you.
All that from those who no not.

Jesus never said it nor the OT. People misunderstand. The son and servant of God who does the will of the Father gets it.

“No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him.”

Let me break that down. Only the Father and son know each other. Where it says “and to whomever the son will reveal Him means that whoever becomes the servant and son of God will know the Father. Only the two know each other. So son up.

Old 08-22-2021, 04:01 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Why do you have a problem taking Scripture as it is presented?
I take it as presented by primitive men who absolutely believed in the core of their very being that nothing happened in our world that was NOT God's Will, including what THEY did. That means they could not interpret what was done to Jesus as anything BUT an expression of God's wrath and vengeance despite believing that Jesus was God's Son and displayed not the slightest hint of wrath or vengeance in Him. We know better and should have known better long before now, IMO.

Everything in the Bible was interpreted with that mistaken belief about God as wrathful and vengeful, making it all misguided. That is why I use the unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature by Jesus on the Cros as agape love and forgiveness to reinterpret the scriptures for the truth. Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life.
Quote:
I haven't said a thing about my physical body - yet you say I'm in love with it. You have absolutely no clue... it's just part of the world of make-believe in which you reside.
Our ancestors were terrified of Spirits as evil so the illusion of a physical resurrection was absolutely necessary or they would NEVER have accepted Christ. The plan was for us to mature and learn more to eventually discern the spiritual truth within the "carnal milk" our ancestors needed. It failed because the religious leaders found the "carnal milk" too useful for their purposes and retained it and promoted it as a sign of faith in God.

The only reason I can see for a modern person to want to retain belief in a physical resurrection is a love of the physical body or an inability to conceive of life without one. IF I am wrong about you, I apologize.
Quote:
Please give me the Scripture that supports what I underlined above.
It is the same scripture you use to believe the opposite using the wrathful God interpretations.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
All that from those who no not.

Jesus never said it nor the OT. People misunderstand. The son and servant of God who does the will of the Father gets it.

“No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him.”

Let me break that down. Only the Father and son know each other. Where it says “and to whomever the son will reveal Him means that whoever becomes the servant and son of God will know the Father. Only the two know each other. So son up.
What kind of nonsense argument is that?

Jesus didn't say you would be born on the earth - and somehow you are here. Jesus didn't say the Dodgers would win the World Series last year.

Now you can't just discredit Paul... now you can include Peter and John as well.

It's in this sense that you are in the same boat with Mystic, because you don't believe all of the Scriptures are inspired by God. You make up your own theology and whomever does not follow along - which includes the apostles who walked with Christ - are heretics. It's your world. You are you own God.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I take it as presented by primitive men who absolutely believed in the core of their very being that nothing happened in our world that was NOT God's Will, including what THEY did. That means they could not interpret what was done to Jesus as anything BUT an expression of God's wrath and vengeance despite believing that Jesus was God's Son and displayed not the slightest hint of wrath or vengeance in Him. We know better and should have known better long before now, IMO.

Everything in the Bible was interpreted with that mistaken belief about God as wrathful and vengeful, making it all misguided. That is why I use the unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature by Jesus on the Cros as agape love and forgiveness to reinterpret the scriptures for the truth. Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

Our ancestors were terrified of Spirits as evil so the illusion of a physical resurrection was absolutely necessary or they would NEVER have accepted Christ. The plan was for us to mature and learn more to eventually discern the spiritual truth within the "carnal milk" our ancestors needed. It failed because the religious leaders found the "carnal milk" too useful for their purposes and retained it and promoted it as a sign of faith in God.

The only reason I can see for a modern person to want to retain belief in a physical resurrection is a love of the physical body or an inability to conceive of life without one. IF I am wrong about you, I apologize.

It is the same scripture you use to believe the opposite using the wrathful God interpretations.

You claim to be a Christian - while clearly debunking "everything in the Bible". And then you double back and want to lean on the cross - which is in the Bible.

Proverbs 3 suggests that we not lean on our own understanding and trust in the Lord. You are full of leaning on your own understanding - to your own detriment... the same for the other one.

You can't use Scripture to defend the majority of what you posted because it's from your own "understanding". You are actually sitting here 2000+ years later telling me about what was in the hearts of people that you have no clue about. You are telling me what I believe about myself. Who do you think you are? You are not God. You don't know them, and you don't know me.

I don't know much about you except that you don't believe the Bible - and if you deny the physical resurrection of Christ, you don't know Him either. You are being deceived. Trust God and the Bible - before you trust yourself.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:06 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You claim to be a Christian - while clearly debunking "everything in the Bible". And then you double back and want to lean on the cross - which is in the Bible.

Proverbs 3 suggests that we not lean on our own understanding and trust in the Lord. You are full of leaning on your own understanding - to your own detriment... the same for the other one.

You can't use Scripture to defend the majority of what you posted because it's from your own "understanding". You are actually sitting here 2000+ years later telling me about what was in the hearts of people that you have no clue about. You are telling me what I believe about myself. Who do you think you are? You are not God. You don't know them, and you don't know me.

I don't know much about you except that you don't believe the Bible - and if you deny the physical resurrection of Christ, you don't know Him either. You are being deceived. Trust God and the Bible - before you trust yourself.
Troglodytes all make the same error and accuse me of using my own understanding, but I am using what YOUR Bible revealed about God's True Nature through Jesus on the Cross. We are here to develop our understanding of God and Jesus -- to know God and Jesus -- NOT believe what men told us for their benefit and to control us. Our primitive ancestors did NOT have Jesus and they had zero understanding of God.

But Jesus abides with us as the Comforter so we CAN develop our understanding through His guidance and what God has "written in our hearts." Stop being our ignorant primitive ancestors and USE the brain God gave us and the unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature by Jesus on the Cross to TEST the spirit of what is claimed in the Bible. Trust Jesus's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness over our ancestors' belief in a wrathful vengeful God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity