Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 09:22 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is because the Holy Spirit you are supposed to be guided by is the one revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross, Charlie, NOT the scriptures. The scriptures are supposed to be interpreted UNDER the guidance of the Holy Spirit. They are NOT the Holy Spirit!!!
Show me how we are guided by the Holy Spirit that demonstrates unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross without the scripture! There is no other way but the scripture to give us that information.

Nowhere in scripture are we told to rely on a revelation to know these things. I know what this is by reading what it is in scripture and then following instructions to experience it.

And you come to me saying the scripture can't be trusted because you had a revelation!

Go jump in the creek, Mystic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 09:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Show me how we are guided by the Holy Spirit that demonstrates unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross without the scripture! There is no other way but the scripture to give us that information.
Did Jesus have ANY wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross? How can you believe our ancestors that God has wrath and vengeance in Him? How can you trust their interpretations using their belief about God's wrath and vengeance? It is not rocket science to reinterpret what THEY thought with what they must have been referring to using a God of infinite agape love and forgiveness.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:36 AM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Did Jesus have ANY wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross? How can you believe our ancestors that God has wrath and vengeance in Him? How can you trust their interpretations using their belief about God's wrath and vengeance? It is not rocket science to reinterpret what THEY thought with what they must have been referring to using a God of infinite agape love and forgiveness.
Quote:
You clearly have no clue what I actually believe so don't tell me what I believe or do not believe. Everything I believe is in the Bible and has been unambiguously revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross. You prefer to believe what our ignorant ancestors THOUGHT happened and that is fine. I do not! I believe Jesus because I encountered His consciousness (Comforter) which is how I know it is within our consciousness to guide us. YMMV.
I have no clue? You have been posting your beliefs about the Bible for over a decade. Right? I'm just reading what you post.

The problem is underlined.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him

2 Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is inspired by God

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-24-2021 at 06:02 AM..

Old 08-25-2021, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have no clue? You have been posting your beliefs about the Bible for over a decade. Right? I'm just reading what you post.

The problem is underlined.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him

2 Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is inspired by God

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
I have faith in Jesus. I do not have faith in our ancestors' wrathful and vengeful War God.
I believe scripture is inspired by God.
Proverbs was addressed to our ignorant savage ancestors.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Jesus plainly said He did not come to judge! He came to give Himself a sacrifice!

Now it's a different story at His second coming, He will be the Man of War that Israel looked for the first time.

He will also judge the nations at His coming who did or did not help Israel in their time of trouble.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:12 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Was Jesus even in His right mind after torture and abuse. How can anyone base their whole theology on what Jesus said on the cross. Jesus taught for years but this guy uses a so called agape love which Jesus never sanctioned.

Jesus sent His followers with the word of God and sent them as He was sent. Do unto others as you would have done to you is for the disciple because a genuine disciple welcomes God’s word. So if someone offers God’s word they say, cool and offer more of God’s word.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Jesus plainly said He did not come to judge! He came to give Himself a sacrifice!
And you and our ancestors automatically assumed it was a sacrifice to God because that is what they did for centuries in their ignorance about God's True Nature from reading the OT and Moses. They were wrong and you are wrong, Charlie! Jesus on the Cross revealed that unambiguously but you and our ignorant ancestors misinterpreted it, period.
Quote:

Now it's a different story at His second coming, He will be the Man of War that Israel looked for the first time.

He will also judge the nations at His coming who did or did not help Israel in their time of trouble.
Jesus is here as the Comforter and He came as promised at Pentecost. You continue to ignore Him at your own peril, Charlie.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
And you and our ancestors automatically assumed it was a sacrifice to God because that is what they did for centuries in their ignorance about God's True Nature from reading the OT and Moses. They were wrong and you are wrong, Charlie! Jesus on the Cross revealed that unambiguously but you and our ignorant ancestors misinterpreted it, period. Jesus is here as the Comforter and He came as promised at Pentecost. You continue to ignore Him at your own peril, Charlie.
Heb. 9:14

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Is this scripture not acceptable to you, Mystic?

Old 08-27-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
And you and our ancestors automatically assumed it was a sacrifice to God because that is what they did for centuries in their ignorance about God's True Nature from reading the OT and Moses. They were wrong and you are wrong, Charlie! Jesus on the Cross revealed that unambiguously but you and our ignorant ancestors misinterpreted it, period. Jesus is here as the Comforter and He came as promised at Pentecost. You continue to ignore Him at your own peril, Charlie.
Quote:
Heb. 9:14
"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Is this scripture not acceptable to you, Mystic?
It is misinterpreted for the reasons above. Do you not know what automatically means, Charlie??? They could not even imagine it NOT being to God since God was the reason EVERYTHING happened. At least TRY to think about these things, Charlie. It is not difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity