Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 02:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Not even close.
When you continue to completely ignore and/or misrepresent what we believe, tell me why anyone should believe a word of what you say about anything? Whether it's about God or anything else?
I suppose it's possible you simply misunderstand me. And if that's the case, then why would I not believe you've been catfished by whatever spirit you claim to be following?
You are a truly annoying man, obviously deliberately, because you keep repeating the same things that you have been corrected about repeatedly!!! The Spirit I follow is the one described in your Bible. It is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! Stop pretending you do not understand that!! It is called baiting and trolling!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-19-2021 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 02:26 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are a truly annoying man, obviously deliberately, because you keep repeating the same things that you have been corrected about repeatedly!!! The Spirit I follow is the one described in your Bible.
The one you say was authored by primitive barbarians? Why would you want to follow that?
Quote:

It is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and unambiguously;y demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! Stop pretending you do not understand that!! It is called baiting and trolling!
You calling me a troll? I've always thought calling people a troll is a rules violation.

In any event, the point remains. I'm waiting for you to explain how you'd know it if an imposter spirit did catfish you? How could you be sure? You have not answered that yet.

You may think it's trolling for me to simply question that. I understand. It would be annoying to see a hole poked in a story and be unable to answer.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:30 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
You are a truly annoying man, obviously deliberately, because you keep repeating the same things that you have been corrected about repeatedly!!! The Spirit I follow is the one described in your Bible. It is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and unambiguously;y demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! Stop pretending you do not understand that!! It is called baiting and trolling!
Mystic, I was having conversation with a few fundies this morning I'm thinking of recruiting.

They are going to read some of your posts and the old time Gospel will begin.

Are you up for the challenge or do you need some time to prepare? Just asking!

Old 08-19-2021, 02:44 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Mystic, I was having conversation with a few fundies this morning I'm thinking of recruiting.
They are going to read some of your posts and the old-time Gospel will begin.
Are you up for the challenge or do you need some time to prepare? Just asking!
I am always here (barring death) to edify my brothers and sisters to the REAL Jesus Christ, Charlie.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
I am always here (barring death) to edify my brothers and sisters to the REAL Jesus Christ, Charlie.
Just joking around! Wanted to see if I could get a rise out of ya!

Old 08-19-2021, 07:05 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Would you agree that Jesus did not mean to literally take of His flesh and blood? Seeing how that would be impossible, but to take it spiritually?

He gave His blood as atonement for sin and His body through sacrifice to usher in the New Covenant of Grace for man to be set free from his sin and the curse of the Law.

For he who is bound by the Law must keep the Law perfectly or be condemned by it, but Christ through His sacrifice brought freedom from the demands of the Law that condemned us in that we can not keep it perfectly, no matter how hard we try.

Is this not truth as Paul explains it to us?
No. Paul is incorrect.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Paul does not fail me. For He is indirectly substantiated by Jesus Christ Himself.

For Jesus substantiated Peter (John 14:26, 16:13) and Peter substantiated Paul (2 Peter 3:15-16).

btw, Paul also substantiated the rest of holy scripture with a statement of his own (2 Timothy 3:15-17)....and without Paul's writings, we do not have the substantiation of all of holy scripture.
Peter failed too.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You are a truly annoying man, obviously deliberately, because you keep repeating the same things that you have been corrected about repeatedly!!! The Spirit I follow is the one described in your Bible. It is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! Stop pretending you do not understand that!! It is called baiting and trolling!
Not even close.

Clueless in Mystic.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You still have to find Him. I’ve shown you the way but, well you can’t accept His word.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:58 PM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
When you refer to the Bible as Holy you equate it with the only entity that IS Holy - God. When you combine that reverent title with using its content as if it is the infallible and inerrant word of God OVER testing it against the only human reference we have been given about God, Jesus Christ, THAT is a form of worship of a book.

When you interpret Christ's "wrathless" act of pure and perfect agape love and forgiveness by enduring the wrath and vengeance of our brutal savage ancestors as a blood sacrifice payment to God's wrath and vengeance for "whatever," THAT is barbaric. When you personally identify with these things, it is not ME calling you those things, BF. It is you self-identifying with them.
Do you know who else thought a blood sacrifice was barbaric? Cain. God rejected his offering.

You probably don't even believe that occurred. I am just entertaining myself by posting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity