Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 09:41 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times

Advertisements

Psalm 145:17 (KJV) The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

So what did Jesus say about His words?

He said His words were not His own that they are God’s works.

So God’s words are what makes a man Holy. That’s why Jesus said that words save or words condemn.

That’s why Jesus said that speaking the truth, God’s word, makes one righteous.

“The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.”( Jesus)

“Whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.” (Jesus)

By these three verses does it make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:48 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Psalm 145:17 (KJV) The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
So what did Jesus say about His words?
He said His words were not His own that they are God’s works.
So God’s words are what makes a man Holy. That’s why Jesus said that words save or words condemn.
That’s why Jesus said that speaking the truth, God’s word, makes one righteous.
“The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.”( Jesus)
“Whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.” (Jesus)
By these three verses does it make sense?
You want this simplistic and simple-minded interpretation to be true so you can feel righteous and holy by parroting words, but it is not true. This is your version of "easy believism" to make it easy to be righteous and holy. Grow up and actually try to love God and each other every day and repent when you fail, period.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Rom 10:8, But what saith <the righteousness of faith>? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Old 08-18-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You want this simplistic and simple-minded interpretation to be true so you can feel righteous and holy by parroting words, but it is not true. This is your version of "easy believism" to make it easy to be righteous and holy. Grow up and actually try to love God and each other every day and repent when you fail, period.
Your way has no Biblical backing.

Mine is the only way. If it’s so easy and simple do it.

It’s not easy at all. It’s not simple minded either or it would have been seen by now.

Loving God is serving Him and others at the same time.

“Whatever the heart is full of that’s what the mouth will speak.” Jesus

Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates.” OT

“Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.”

Old 08-18-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Rom 10:8, But what saith <the righteousness of faith>? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Paul fails you.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:04 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Paul fails you.
Free, is the New Covenant a lie, does it not exist?

The reason I ask is that Jesus said at the Last Supper, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”

This is what Paul taught, so if Paul fails us, what do you consider the New Covenant to be?

Old 08-18-2021, 07:41 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
This is just "building blocks" juvenile theology. Throw some verses together, make assumptions, try to tie it all together, and expect to mean something significant. It just fails. Give it up Free-ster.

Read and leave alone scripture. Don't try to create scriptural 'recipes' that make no sense to others and smell bad. LOL

We're all just humans. None are righteous, and none are holy. But it's okay. We're imperfect, but blessed and capable of much. Drop the analysis and microscope work, and roll up your sleeves and be productive. Every day we've been given is a gift, and we need to use the time wisely.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-18-2021 at 07:51 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Free, is the New Covenant a lie, does it not exist?

The reason I ask is that Jesus said at the Last Supper, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”

This is what Paul taught, so if Paul fails us, what do you consider the New Covenant to be?
In regards to the blood of the new covenant what did Paul say?

He had no idea what the new covenant was and is.

The blood of the son of man is as Jesus said;

“For my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

What is the derivative of true and honest? It is the truth. What is truth as determined by Jesus?

God’s word!

The body and blood of the son of man and son of God is the truth, God’s word!

“This is the covenant I have made with them, my spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your children’s children from now on and forever.”

Old 08-18-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
This is just "building blocks" juvenile theology. Throw some verses together, make assumptions, try to tie it all together, and expect to mean something significant. It just fails. Give it up Free-ster.

Read and leave alone scripture. Don't try to create scriptural 'recipes' that make no sense to others and smell bad. LOL

We're all just humans. None are righteous, and none are holy. But it's okay. We're imperfect, but blessed and capable of much. Drop the analysis and microscope work, and roll up your sleeves and be productive. Every day we've been given is a gift, and we need to use the time wisely.
No. You just can’t accept it cause your entrenched in religious nonsense. There is a way for the secrets of God to be revealed but it is not as a Christian.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

Old 08-19-2021, 04:16 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
In regards to the blood of the new covenant what did Paul say?

He had no idea what the new covenant was and is.

The blood of the son of man is as Jesus said;

“For my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

What is the derivative of true and honest? It is the truth. What is truth as determined by Jesus?

God’s word!

The body and blood of the son of man and son of God is the truth, God’s word!

“This is the covenant I have made with them, my spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your children’s children from now on and forever.”
Would you agree that Jesus did not mean to literally take of His flesh and blood? Seeing how that would be impossible, but to take it spiritually?

He gave His blood as atonement for sin and His body through sacrifice to usher in the New Covenant of Grace for man to be set free from his sin and the curse of the Law.

For he who is bound by the Law must keep the Law perfectly or be condemned by it, but Christ through His sacrifice brought freedom from the demands of the Law that condemned us in that we can not keep it perfectly, no matter how hard we try.

Is this not truth as Paul explains it to us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity