Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 08:02 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
One cannot choose to be "born again" BF, and I am not one who has been privileged by that calling. Perhaps I will get to see him one day, perhaps not. That is not what salvation is about, salvation is receiving the gift of everlasting life.
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Jn 3:3
I'm praying for you Highway to be born again - according to scriptures ALL are called.

Last edited by CCCyou; 09-17-2021 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 09:01 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I personally think that you might be looking a bit too hard Mike, but if you are aware of the time we are living in and the closeness of the end, I spose it doesn't matter how you came to the conclusion, but how you act upon it will be critical to your survival.
Indeed. I don't know how close to the end we are; we may not be close at all. But there is no doubt that these are revolutionary times.

"The Vendée was put down, and the French Revolution triumphed, so it seemed. The history of the world that men write is not the history as is written in the Book of Life. We do not know how many boys from the Vendée are robed in white, whole squadrons of Saints-Jacques and Saints-Etiennes. We do not know how the Lord will call us to testify to the truth, but in the end there is no evasion. You will volunteer for the army of God, or you will be conscripted into the ranks of the enemy.

The people of the Vendée gave their blood for their traditions, their king, and the Church. How will we respond when the call comes? Voltaire, grandfather of the revolution, cried out, 'Ecrasez l'infame!' — tear down the unspeakable thing! Nothing has changed. As long as Mass is said in the world, there will be howls against the Church, as if she were the only thing between man and his liberationliberation, as it will always prove, into slavish vice on earth, and the bondage of the lost below. Innocence itself will be a crime. For it is not hatred that most animates her enemies, but fear."

The Rising of the Vendée by Anthony Esolen

Old 09-17-2021, 10:27 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Indeed. I don't know how close to the end we are; we may not be close at all. But there is no doubt that these are revolutionary times.....................
I find what Jesus said at Luke 21:11 is an indication of how close we now are.
Plus, the closeness ' described for us at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13' is about these last days of badness on earth.
This places us close to the time of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..."
But their 'rosy' saying will prove to be false, and really be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.
MAN has set MAN's doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock set close to striking the dark midnight hour.
Whereas, the Bible has God's Clock, so to speak, set to the bright millennial dawning.
The soon start of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth in righteousness for a thousand years.
It will prove to be that Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:36 AM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Thanks for the image, CCCyou, Me too!!!

Old 09-17-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Jn 3:3......
" Can Not see..." because flesh physical) can Not inherit the kingdom of God - 1st Corinthians 15:50.
Jesus had to be resurrected in order to see that heavenly kingdom/government - Daniel 2:44; Hebrews 9:24.
So, unless one is resurrected to Heaven one would Not see God's government.
At Revelation 20:6 there are those who have a first or an earlier resurrection, and it's to Heaven - Rev. 2:10; Rev. 5:9-10.
They have two (2) heavenly jobs to do:
1 ) They govern over people of Earth for a thousand years governing as; kings ( political )
2 ) They take care of spiritual responsibilities towards people living on Earth in the position of: priests ( religious )
So, they are a smaller group, the heavenly group, who govern over the larger group, the earthly group.
This is why Jesus taught about two (2) groups under his rulership.
The ' little flock ' or smaller group of Luke 12:32, and the 'other sheep' or larger group of John 10:16.
That ' larger group ' starting with the ' other sheep ' found alive at Jesus' *Glory Time* of Matthew 25:32-33,37.
Those ' sheep ' do Not go to Heaven, but remain alive here on Earth and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
This is when ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 35th chapter.
So, Not all of Jesus' followers are called to Heaven, but people offered everlasting life of living forever on Earth.
A beautiful paradisical Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Jn 3:3
I'm praying for you Highway to be born again - according to scriptures ALL are called.
way too many are not allowed do be born the first time and that why we will wait for a while until we all get this.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks for the image, CCCyou, Me too!!!
Only the 5th !!!
Wrong guesses or wrong calculations does Not make the Bible as wrong, just makes the guesses/calculations as wrong.
The composite sign Jesus gave fits the description of Luke 21:11 connected to 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Along with earth's woes, just as Jesus said there would be the international declaring about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44.
ALL of this combined together shows we are now at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
This means we are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, as found at 1st Thess. 5:2-3.
The powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." but that ROSY saying will prove false and prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus takes the action as mentioned at Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
way too many are not allowed do be born the first time and that why we will wait for a while until we all get this.
The wait is for Resurrection Day (Jesus' thousand-year day of governing over Earth) is the Day or time frame for the dead to be resurrected - Acts 24:15.
That is why verse 15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....

Old 09-18-2021, 06:38 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:

Best to pay attention to whom Jesus said that to CC, as I said in the post you commented on, you personally cannot choose to be born again, Jesus selects those personally. They are very limited, and already selected, we do not think they are sealed at this point however, so if one falls away, then an opening will happen. There will be 144k of them fully sealed.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:43 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Indeed. I don't know how close to the end we are; we may not be close at all. But there is no doubt that these are revolutionary times.

"The Vendée was put down, and the French Revolution triumphed, so it seemed. The history of the world that men write is not the history as is written in the Book of Life. We do not know how many boys from the Vendée are robed in white, whole squadrons of Saints-Jacques and Saints-Etiennes. We do not know how the Lord will call us to testify to the truth, but in the end there is no evasion. You will volunteer for the army of God, or you will be conscripted into the ranks of the enemy.

The people of the Vendée gave their blood for their traditions, their king, and the Church. How will we respond when the call comes? Voltaire, grandfather of the revolution, cried out, 'Ecrasez l'infame!' — tear down the unspeakable thing! Nothing has changed. As long as Mass is said in the world, there will be howls against the Church, as if she were the only thing between man and his liberationliberation, as it will always prove, into slavish vice on earth, and the bondage of the lost below. Innocence itself will be a crime. For it is not hatred that most animates her enemies, but fear."

The Rising of the Vendée by Anthony Esolen

It puzzles me to no end that people cannot discern the signs Jesus gave. One thing is for certain, if one cannot see the sign at this time, they will most assuredly know the time when this is fulfilled: (Ezekiel 36:23) . . .‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity