Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 12:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times

Advertisements

Wait a minute, I thought the bible says worldly govts/leaders are divinely chosen, and that we should obey them for this reason?

Why would Christ do away with govts/rulers that he himself put into positions of power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 01:02 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Wait a minute, I thought the bible says worldly govts/leaders are divinely chosen, and that we should obey them for this reason?

Why would Christ do away with govts/rulers that he himself put into positions of power?
Good point

King of kings, lord of lords

Government is not going to end, but they certainly are, and will be, held accountable for their actions/rulership

1Co 15:24**Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25**For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The putting down is not doing away with, it is under subjection, under the feet - related to ‘heaven is my throne, earth is my footstool’

Old 09-18-2021, 01:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:

12"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."
Duality of good and evil.
14"But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil."

Old 09-18-2021, 02:08 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Yes, obey because without government there would be chaos.
Government taxes provide needed roads, schools, social security, etc.
Christians obey ' Ceasar ' to the relative point that ' Caesar' does Not go beyond God's absolute authority.
Then, as Acts 5:29 says Christians must chose to obey God as Ruler rather than men.

God placed or allowed the ' powers to be ' to be in a relative subjection to God's absolute authority.
Christ as the figurative ' stone ' of Daniel 2:44-45 hits the political stature's feet because the corrupted turn against him.
( seems we are nearing the time of the statue's toes or even it's ' toe nails '! )
Corrupted Earth's rulers (aka kings) take their stand against Jesus - Psalm 2.
Corrupted rulers want to ' wage war', so to speak, against Jesus - Revelation 19:19
Because they can't get at Jesus, then they will go after Jesus' followers before Jesus takes the action found at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Good point King of kings, lord of lords
Government is not going to end, but they certainly are, and will be, held accountable for their actions/rulership
1Co 15:24**Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25**For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The putting down is not doing away with, it is under subjection, under the feet - related to ‘heaven is my throne, earth is my footstool’
Yes, God's Kingdom or government will Not end - Daniel 2:44.
At the end of Jesus' 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth, then Jesus hands back God's kingdom government to his God according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.
Jesus service is No longer needed as King of God's Kingdom because Jesus will have accomplished all he was purposed to do.
Even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth - 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
For Jesus will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Rev. 22:2.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:23 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
“Stay awake or you will not know when your lord has come.”

Old 09-18-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Yes, and ' keep on the watch ' ( remain watchful / keep Awake! ) as also brought out at Mark 13:33-37.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:26 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:

A lot plays into understanding RS, you are very well correct it does state that very clearly in Romans 13. We realize that if the Bible is God's words, then it cannot be contradictory, so we have to understand why the Bible states that. It is very true that historically Jehovah has used world leaders in fulfilling His will, for instance He used Cyrus to free us from Babylonian capture, to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. But the Bible is equally as clear that the Kingdoms belong to satan Mat 4:8,9 and that when the Kingdom comes it will wipe out all Kingdoms. We take Romans 13 to mean that He allows them to exist to maintain order until that Kingdom comes verse 3,4.

The key to the understanding I believe lies in what happens when the Kingdom comes, they refuse to submit to the Kingdom of God, rather desire to keep their Kingdoms alive. Right now we see satan gathering the governments of the world into unity to stand in opposition to Jesus upon his return, with the intent to keep him from bringing the Kingdom of God. Rev 16:14

Perhaps they wouldn't have to be destroyed, but as the Bible says they intend to war against God in His day.

Fantastic question for sure, hope that helps.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:30 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

Yes sir, the faithful slave does a very good job of watching world conditions and keeping us informed of happenings that relate to Bible prophecy. Very sound advice those words of Jesus.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
A lot plays into understanding RS, you are very well correct it does state that very clearly in Romans 13. We realize that if the Bible is God's words, then it cannot be contradictory, so we have to understand why the Bible states that. It is very true that historically Jehovah has used world leaders in fulfilling His will, for instance He used Cyrus to free us from Babylonian capture, to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. But the Bible is equally as clear that the Kingdoms belong to satan Mat 4:8,9 and that when the Kingdom comes it will wipe out all Kingdoms. We take Romans 13 to mean that He allows them to exist to maintain order until that Kingdom comes verse 3,4.

The key to the understanding I believe lies in what happens when the Kingdom comes, they refuse to submit to the Kingdom of God, rather desire to keep their Kingdoms alive. Right now we see satan gathering the governments of the world into unity to stand in opposition to Jesus upon his return, with the intent to keep him from bringing the Kingdom of God. Rev 16:14

Perhaps they wouldn't have to be destroyed, but as the Bible says they intend to war against God in His day.

Fantastic question for sure, hope that helps.
So tell me, you said satan is gathering the governments of the world to stand in opposition to Jesus. What governments and who is involved? Are they working together? Which countries? Something this big would be hard to hide. What exactly is the plan? Think about what you said. What is the plan? Build a huge ICBM? A doomsday device? How about lasers? I think almost everyone is making the same mistake I made and still make..prepare for YOUR meeting with the Lord, it will happen in your lifetime and quit worrying about when the 2nd coming happens, it could be another thousand years, what difference does it make? You will see Him in your lifetime, we all do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity