Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 01:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It puzzles me to no end that people cannot discern the signs Jesus gave. One thing is for certain, if one cannot see the sign at this time, they will most assuredly know the time when this is fulfilled: (Ezekiel 36:23) . . .‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.
Apparently, you worship (idolize) a name, believing that it is going to save you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 01:55 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So tell me, you said satan is gathering the governments of the world to stand in opposition to Jesus. What governments and who is involved? Are they working together? Which countries? Something this big would be hard to hide. What exactly is the plan? Think about what you said. What is the plan? Build a huge ICBM? A doomsday device? How about lasers? I think almost everyone is making the same mistake I made and still make..prepare for YOUR meeting with the Lord, it will happen in your lifetime and quit worrying about when the 2nd coming happens, it could be another thousand years, what difference does it make? You will see Him in your lifetime, we all do.
Exactly. We are not supposed to fixate on end times, tempting though it is. We have a job to do here on earth.....and specifically NOT to dabble in divinations and fortune-telling.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:57 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Exactly. We are not supposed to fixate on end times, tempting though it is. We have a job to do here on earth.....and specifically NOT to dabble in divinations and fortune-telling.
Yup!
We are to be awake, and skeptical (Sober-minded)

Old 09-19-2021, 11:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Ive never understood that...if God doesnt want people engaging in those kinds of things...why are they even possible in the first place?!

Example, God says not to communicate with the deceased or try to contact them...but its ONLY God himself that could have made that possible to do!

Why didnt he just make it so 'communicating with the dead'...simply doesnt work?

Old 09-20-2021, 05:02 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never understood that...if God doesnt want people engaging in those kinds of things...why are they even possible in the first place?!

Example, God says not to communicate with the deceased or try to contact them...but its ONLY God himself that could have made that possible to do!

Why didnt he just make it so 'communicating with the dead'...simply doesnt work?
It doesn't.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:19 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So tell me, you said satan is gathering the governments of the world to stand in opposition to Jesus. What governments and who is involved? Are they working together? Which countries? Something this big would be hard to hide. What exactly is the plan? Think about what you said. What is the plan? Build a huge ICBM? A doomsday device? How about lasers? I think almost everyone is making the same mistake I made and still make..prepare for YOUR meeting with the Lord, it will happen in your lifetime and quit worrying about when the 2nd coming happens, it could be another thousand years, what difference does it make? You will see Him in your lifetime, we all do.

We are living in the time of the 8th King 7. He will have dominion for just a short time, we understand this one to be the United Nations, which has many member nations trying to gather all together in unity. True I seriously doubt they know the real reason they are gathering together, but that is what the Bible is referring to.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:23 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you worship (idolize) a name, believing that it is going to save you?

The truth is that either God exists or He doesn't sir. If He does, and if the Bible is accurate, which fulfilled prophecy would indicate that it is, then you are accurate in your assumption. We and me personally as you made it, do believe that Jehovah will in fact save us from the upcoming destruction. So again, that will either prove true, or false.

Now let me ask you, if God doesn't exist, and we are simply worshipping in vein, how am I worse off for living by Jehovah's standards given to us in His word?

Old 09-20-2021, 09:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
The truth is that either God exists or He doesn't sir. If He does, and if the Bible is accurate, which fulfilled prophecy would indicate that it is, then you are accurate in your assumption. We and me personally as you made it, do believe that Jehovah will in fact save us from the upcoming destruction. So again, that will either prove true, or false.

Now let me ask you, if God doesn't exist, and we are simply worshiping in vein, how am I worse off for living by Jehovah's standards given to us in His word?
First, the Scriptures were written by men, not Jehovah or a God. Secondly, there is no reason to create an atmosphere or an environment of fear among people, where if they don't believe or follow certain doctrines, then they or a family member will be shunned and/or destroyed. Fearmongering does not serve a purpose, other than that of an attempt to control people to see it your way.

How many families have been divided or ripped apart because of the shunning practices of your Organization for not following a particular stance? How many have told a family member, they are going to be destroyed in Hell? Apparently, love is not the first and foremost within the Watchtower Society, rather its a fear based religion that condemns those not like them.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:10 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:

Now let me ask you, if God doesn't exist, and we are simply worshipping in vein, how am I worse off for living by Jehovah's standards given to us in His word?
What prophecy have you seen fulfilled?

Old 09-20-2021, 10:25 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Quote:
What can Christians look forward to in the near future? We will see Jesus move into action to eliminate false religion as well as corrupt human rulership. A great crowd will receive his protection and survive the upcoming great tribulation, with the prospect of enjoying the blessings of an earthly paradise eternally. A vast number will be resurrected and will have the opportunity to be liberated from all the effects of our inherited sin, raised to perfect physical and spiritual health. That will be the blessings of the Kingdom we that we all pray to come
Jesus did his part. Since then, it's been up to us to follow his teachings. After a few thousand years of not doing that, here we are. There is nothing in the Bible to support a single word of your post. Don't put words into the mouth of God, instead, silently do as commanded and things will work themselves out.

Matthew 7:5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity