Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 10:34 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It puzzles me to no end that people cannot discern the signs Jesus gave. One thing is for certain, if one cannot see the sign at this time, they will most assuredly know the time when this is fulfilled: (Ezekiel 36:23) . . .‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.
...said highway54 without a trace of irony...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
We are living in the time of the 8th King 7. He will have dominion for just a short time, we understand this one to be the United Nations, which has many member nations trying to gather all together in unity. True I seriously doubt they know the real reason they are gathering together, but that is what the Bible is referring to.
Highway, name each of the 8 kings if you think you know what you are talking about.

I guarantee you, I can name each one by name.

Who do you think the 8th king is?

Old 09-20-2021, 05:58 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
God prepared 7 kings as bridegrooms to the earth, Jesus was the 7th.

Who is the 8th?

Judah was the 6th, who was the 5th?

Who was the first?

Jesus told the woman at the well that she had 5 husbands but the man she lived with was not her husband, and that was Judah.

Jesus came as the 7th, and now the eighth has come, what is his name?

Old 09-21-2021, 05:12 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
First, the Scriptures were written by men, not Jehovah or a God. Secondly, there is no reason to create an atmosphere or an environment of fear among people, where if they don't believe or follow certain doctrines, then they or a family member will be shunned and/or destroyed. Fearmongering does not serve a purpose, other than that of an attempt to control people to see it your way.

How many families have been divided or ripped apart because of the shunning practices of your Organization for not following a particular stance? How many have told a family member, they are going to be destroyed in Hell? Apparently, love is not the first and foremost within the Watchtower Society, rather its a fear based religion that condemns those not like them.

Amazingly smart men huh Jerwade? Imagine Moses knowing the earth was held upon nothing. I can't even imagine living a life thinking that this is all there is. Make the most of it sir.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What prophecy have you seen fulfilled?

I think WW#1 was the most influential one, now the pestilence plays in heavy, the love of the greater number cooling off, etc.

Many speak about the weather, but I am ignorant of any prophecies indicating a change in the weather.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Jesus did his part. Since then, it's been up to us to follow his teachings. After a few thousand years of not doing that, here we are. There is nothing in the Bible to support a single word of your post. Don't put words into the mouth of God, instead, silently do as commanded and things will work themselves out.

Matthew 7:5

Jesus did not stop there, he has so much more to do, stay tuned, the best is yet to come. Time will prove my words true or false, but one thing we Christians do, is quite opposite of silently.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Highway, name each of the 8 kings if you think you know what you are talking about.

I guarantee you, I can name each one by name.

Who do you think the 8th king is?

Gladly, Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Great Britain/United States, and finally the eighth.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:00 AM

16,666 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Amazingly smart men huh Jerwade? Imagine Moses knowing the earth was held upon nothing. I can't even imagine living a life thinking that this is all there is. Make the most of it sir.
You failed to address the second half of Jerwade's post. Did you think you could avoid that part by ignoring it?

Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
First, the Scriptures were written by men, not Jehovah or a God. Secondly, there is no reason to create an atmosphere or an environment of fear among people, where if they don't believe or follow certain doctrines, then they or a family member will be shunned and/or destroyed. Fearmongering does not serve a purpose, other than that of an attempt to control people to see it your way.

How many families have been divided or ripped apart because of the shunning practices of your Organization for not following a particular stance? How many have told a family member, they are going to be destroyed in Hell? Apparently, love is not the first and foremost within the Watchtower Society, rather its a fear based religion that condemns those not like them.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I think WW#1 was the most influential one, now the pestilence plays in heavy, the love of the greater number cooling off, etc.

Many speak about the weather, but I am ignorant of any prophecies indicating a change in the weather.
You think WWI was the fulfillment of a Biblical prophecy? Bizarre!

Old 09-21-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Jesus did not stop there, he has so much more to do, stay tuned, the best is yet to come. Time will prove my words true or false, but one thing we Christians do, is quite opposite of silently.
We Christians? Do you mean you Jehovah's Witnesses again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity