Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 01:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am, Kathryn. You're definitely lucky to have had him. Most women are never that blessed.
Thank you.

You know, you may be right about most women not ever being as blessed as me, and maybe they are and maybe they're not but all I know is that God blessed me with that man and I am so grateful for every minute of our lives that we shared, every single minute. He was an absolute delight to me and so many people told me after he died that they'd never seen him happier than he was with me. We just really matched up perfectly together, and we weren't opposites. Our joke between us was that he and I were the male and female versions of each other so we understood each other really well.

Because we were so similar in temperament and personality, we just didn't ever argue. I mean, hardly ever and when we did it was over with in an instant. We'd be all huffy about something and then one or the other of us would say "Hey, do you want to go get something to eat?" or "Hey, do you want to go get some dog toys at Petsmart?" And we'd just forget about whatever we were arguing about, which was always something stupid anyway.

He was a beautiful man and I was really blessed to be married to him for fourteen years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm not, at least not naturally. I've said that often enough on here. One of the reasons I last sought connection with a church was because I am not a nice person by nature and I need to be regularly reminded how we are supposed to be!

LOL you sound like my realtor, who I LOVE. I actually think she's a good person, though she may not be a nice person. And actually, that's what my late husband always said about me - he always said, "You're a good person but you're not a nice person." Hey, I'll take that. I'd rather be good than nice anyway.

However, I AM a kindhearted person, and I'm also honest. My kids were laughing at me a few months ago because they know how difficult it is for me to be around my youngest brother, but I really did appreciate him coming to visit. So we were all sitting around on my back patio and my brother said "You know what - I forgot my meds at home, so I need to go back and get them tomorrow." I was thinking "Whew!" And then he said "But don't worry, I'm just going to turn around and come right back." My kids said I got this look on my face like "OH NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooo!" but what I SAID was "You know, you are welcome in my house any time. Just tell me when you're coming back." So I guess I am sort of nice but also sort of not nice. At least he wasn't watching my face!

You know why I don't lie? Because I am not good at it. I just never have been. I do not have a poker face.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:01 PM

88,620 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL you sound like my realtor, who I LOVE. I actually think she's a good person, though she may not be a nice person. And actually, that's what my late husband always said about me - he always said, "You're a good person but you're not a nice person." Hey, I'll take that. I'd rather be good than nice anyway.

However, I AM a kindhearted person, and I'm also honest. My kids were laughing at me a few months ago because they know how difficult it is for me to be around my youngest brother, but I really did appreciate him coming to visit. So we were all sitting around on my back patio and my brother said "You know what - I forgot my meds at home, so I need to go back and get them tomorrow." I was thinking "Whew!" And then he said "But don't worry, I'm just going to turn around and come right back." My kids said I got this look on my face like "OH NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooo!" but what I SAID was "You know, you are welcome in my house any time. Just tell me when you're coming back." So I guess I am sort of nice but also sort of not nice. At least he wasn't watching my face!

You know why I don't lie? Because I am not good at it. I just never have been. I do not have a poker face.
I don't lie because then you have to remember what you said, and it is just too much work. "Honesty is the best policy" is a cliche with a lot of truth to it.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:07 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't lie because then you have to remember what you said, and it is just too much work. "Honesty is the best policy" is a cliche with a lot of truth to it.
IMO, the most important qualities a person can have are integrity and authenticity, both of which I believe the two of you have.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
IMO, the most important qualities a person can have are integrity and authenticity, both of which I believe the two of you have.
Thank you, my friend (oops, I said it) and I agree about MQ and also think the same of you. No wonder we all manage to get along in spite of differences and distance, for years!

You know, I don't care about age or gender or sexual preference or politics or religion or WHATEVER - I just start off treating others like I want to be treated. Typically they respond in like fashion and all goes well. If they don't respond well, I just back way off and rarely do I have to actually confront anyone about their behavior, though I certainly will if I need to.

I do worry about involuntary facial expressions sometimes though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity