Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 05:15 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times

Advertisements

There are people that might be possessed by demons in this day and age, still. The devil is NOT bound YET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 05:36 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
From what Holy Spirit show here is that satan in plural for millions of fallen angels or the bible calls them spiritual wickedness in the high places, and demon spirits are devils, then there are the powers of darkness spirit who holds the power to hold curses of the fallen angels and the power for the demons to bring sin and hurt the health of man and animals ........ Still satan and his hoards is all these and a defeated foe for Jesus Christ and His children, we're authority of the believers' prayer can loose and bind spiritual wickedness and bind demons and powers of darkness through Jesus name, or believers can rebuke these spirits in Jesus name and Christ will repulse them out of the believers spiritual space ........ Holy Spirit will being discernment of spirit through Jesus....... After the cross of Christ, God took this grace and believer who need to be cleansed of these spirit need to prayer these Words of God as God must have their participation of faith, or He cannot deliver these spirits away from people
People today cannot be possessed by demons.

Christ dealt a blow to Satan with his death and resurrection. Satan has been defeated. Satan’s plans have been thwarted. All that Satan has left to do is battle the people of God on the earth, tempting us and pushing us to rebel against God.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
There are people that might be possessed by demons in this day and age, still. The devil is NOT bound YET.
What proof do you have?

Read the OP and my second post. I provided Scriptures.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:00 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
What proof do you have?

Read the OP and my second post. I provided Scriptures.
I think the VATICAN still performs exorcisms.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I think the VATICAN still performs exorcisms.
The Vatican says and does many things that are false.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:57 PM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
We are living in the thousand year reign of Christ now. Jesus is King. His kingdom is here.
How do you get that? When did we enter this period?

Old 11-02-2021, 01:43 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
We are living in the thousand year reign of Christ now. Jesus is King. His kingdom is here.
No, it is not. During the Millennial kingdom reign of Christ some of the things which will occur are:

There will be perfect environment on the earth: Isaiah 11:1-9

There will be universal peace. No more war: Isaiah 2:4

Extended life spans: Isaiah 65:20.

None of those things are true today. They are some of the characteristics of the Millennial kingdom which is a still future event.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:12 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
I go with what the Scriptures say. Jesus said He cast out demons, therefore, there were demons.
I understand your reasoning. You are a Bible literalist. The writers of the New Testament had no idea what mental illness was and assumed the mentally ill were possessed. They could only write what they witnessed, based on their own knowledge. We can hardly have expected them to do otherwise.

Quote:
We are living in the thousand year reign of Christ now. The kingdom is here. Jesus is King. He is reigning.
Are you saying Christ has returned to earth and we are now in the midst of the prophesied Millennium? How is it that we all failed to recognize the Second Coming when you were able to do so?

Old 11-02-2021, 05:15 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Christ dealt a blow to Satan with his death and resurrection. Satan has been defeated. Satan’s plans have been thwarted. All that Satan has left to do is battle the people of God on the earth, tempting us and pushing us to rebel against God.
Uh...if he is still doing battle with the people of God on the earth, then he has not yet been defeated. He will be bound when Christ returns. But then, you believe that He already has returned, so I guess that's why you figure he's been defeated. I guess I just don't understand why he's still temping us to rebel against God if he's been defeated. By the way, could you please tell me when you believe Christ returned to the Earth?

Old 11-02-2021, 06:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I go with what the Scriptures say. Jesus said He cast out demons, therefore, there were demons.
What about the bleeding (medical) issue that a woman had for eighteen years, or those with other medical (physical and mental) illnesses? Do you consider those things as a derivative of demon or demonic possession? How do you believe - they would have reacted to a child with epilepsy, or one who is in the autism spectrum? How about those who are bi-polar and schizophrenic? And, what about someone with inflammation of the brain? Then, we also have the issue of infections or deceases, which can be acquired by eating roundworm larvae in raw or under-cooked meat, such as pork. It may even make a person act like a lunatic. Just some things to think about before one makes a claim that these were/are a product of demonic or demon activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I understand your reasoning. You are a Bible literalist. The writers of the New Testament had no idea what mental illness was and assumed the mentally ill were possessed. They could only write what they witnessed, based on their own knowledge. We can hardly have expected them to do otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity