Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 12:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, he was talking directly to the person or people he came in contact with, not some demon.

They just were not in their right mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I doubt you will answer the questions, but…

Who is the THEY in verse 31? Who entered the swine? Was it the man or the demons?

30 Jesus asked him, saying, “What is your name?”

And he said, “Legion,” because many demons had entered him. 31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.

32 Now a herd of many swine was feeding there on the mountain. So they begged Him that He would permit them to enter them. And He permitted them. 33. Then the demons went out of the man and entered the swine, and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the lake and drowned.
Who said that many demons had entered him? Was it the man himself, Jesus or the author of the fable? And, you do know that pigs can swim, right? In addition to the fact that infectious, diseased animals are destroyed, correct? And have you ever been in an acutely disturbed state of mind (delirious) resulting from illness or intoxication and characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence of thought and speech, or witnessed someone who is in an "acutely disturbed state of mind," as a result of mental illness?

Quote:
You can believe, whatever you believe. Just don't tell me, that it's something I must believe.

However, what about the bleeding (medical) issue that a woman had for eighteen years, or those with other medical (physical and mental) illnesses? Do you consider those things as a derivative of demon activity or possession? How do you believe - they would have reacted to a child with epilepsy or one who is in the autism spectrum? Or, those who are bi-polar and schizophrenic? What about someone with inflammation of the brain?

Then, we also have the issue of infectious diseases, which can be acquired by eating roundworm larvae in raw or under-cooked meat, such as pork. It may even make a person act like a lunatic. Just some things to think about before one makes a claim that these were/are a product of demonic or demon activities. Or, that he wasn't speaking to the person themselves, who were not right in their own minds.
Quote:
The woman had a physical illness.

Jesus had to prove to the Jews that He was the Son of God. To do this, He had to show that He had power over sickness and disease. He cast out demons to show His power over evil and the spiritual world. He raised people from the dead to show His power over death. He, Himself arose from the dead. And He showed His power over nature. He calmed the seas. He walked on water. All this to show He was the Son of God.

All these things to show YOU He is the Son of God. Yet you deny His casting out demons.
People tend to need signs and wonders in their religious beliefs or that of deifying another as a god.

Quote:
I don't have a problem, per se, but I do disagree with the notion of demons, the devil and Satan.
Quote:
You deny the Scriptures!
The Scripture are not divinely written, and are merely the perceptions of those living in that day.

Quote:
If, you want to believe in those things, that's up to you.
Although, I believe it is you that is in denial?

We have come a long way, but evidently not far enough.
Quote:
Ahhh! The wisdom of men.
Men wrote the Scriptures, which are not inerrant or infallible, although they can be inspirational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 11:14 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Who said that many demons had entered him? Was it the man himself, Jesus or the author of the fable? And, you do know that pigs can swim, right? In addition to the fact that infectious, diseased animals are destroyed, correct? And have you ever been in an acutely disturbed state of mind (delirious) resulting from illness or intoxication and characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence of thought and speech, or witnessed someone who is in an "acutely disturbed state of mind," as a result of mental illness?

People tend to need signs and wonders in their religious beliefs or that of deifying another as a god.

The Scripture are not divinely written, and are merely the perceptions of those living in that day.

Men wrote the Scriptures, which are not inerrant or infallible, although they can be inspirational.

I guess there’s nothing left to say then. We have no common ground for discussion. I have total faith that the Scriptures are God-breathed and infallible. I pray someday you’ll have a change of heart.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:44 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
^ So, how will you or anyone else confirm whether he is bound or not? Face it, it's impossible. So spending time on such topic or idea is folly. Only God knows that, and none of us are God. There's much that's kept from us from knowing.

Jesus never told us to focus on Satan. Jesus was and is 'the light', and our focus.
The Scriptures confirm it. If you feel it is a waste of time discussing this topic, then why bother posting?

Old 11-05-2021, 11:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I guess there’s nothing left to say then. We have no common ground for discussion. I have total faith that the Scriptures are God-breathed and infallible. I pray someday you’ll have a change of heart.
I understand your perspectives, you're right and everyone else is wrong. Perhaps, one day you will search the deeper things of the Spirit with a greater understanding of the universe and that of life itself. But I won't be holding my breath. You will believe, whatever you believe; until, you no longer believe it.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:03 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Jesus took authority away from Satan and silenced a part of humans, and this fulfilled the promise to Eve that her seed would crush the head(Authotity), but in doing so, Jesus would get clipped on his heel and die.

Jesus bound Satan EXCEPT for when God would HEAL the head wound for a brief time in the lives of people who progress through their 7 year covenant.

Why would God heal the head wound of the serpent within the waters of JUST SOME PEOPLE?

Revelation

The Beast Out of the Sea

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto divided by two seasons, 2 rains that hearld the coming of the Lord.

Your first season is of mere grains of barley,

It is 42 months dying daily where you become the sower in the barley harvest to becoming a new creature at the end of the Age, " Your first season."

You are dying daily as a Gentile is becoming a Jew.

Pentecost is the conclusion day of Passover, and at the end of your first season, after AT LEAST 42 months, thete you are with a matured born again creature that you have studied night and day to be born again.

The end of your first season, IT IS IN FACT, that end of the age Jesus told us about in the wheat and tares.

That born again creature is now in a body that doesnt belong to him, and he is caught up to heaven that JUST POSSIBLY, the Lird will give you what belings to you.

Now you have come to the.middle of your own week where the sacrifices are CUT OFF .

Now.you are standing in Rosh Hashanah, the day of division, and IT IS in this division that you have to recognize THAT YOU ARE THE TEMPLE, THAT GOD HAS CUT OFF THE SACRIFICES THAT SUSTAIN THE TEMPLE, "YOU "

You have 7 appointed visitation days representing ONE WEEK OF HOLY DAYS.

You are the temple, and that abomination of desolation MUST BE SEEN WITHIN YOU.

THE ONLY WAY that you could ever possibly make it to this point is BECAUSE God heals the head wound giving the two witnesses power so that you SUDDENLY find.out that you are not actually alone because where Satan was silenced having his authority bound, he will no longer be silent.

What happens when God gives the two witnesses power?

Immediately, for the first time in your life, you no longer live by fairh becaise where you thought you had the holy spirit before, now it has beem proven that thete is a apirit world because your whole life has just changed in the blink of an eye.

Now you know for sure that you have the power of the holy spirit because you hear the power, feel the power,and the whole world has changed, the universe has opened up and you will feel joy and pride above anything you ever dreamed of because you know that you have been filled with a spirit that wont shut his mouth.

Unfortunately, it is not some the holy spirit, it is.the fallen spirit you were born with.

Unless God heals the head wound of the serpent, you will go on believing that you have the holy spirit.

You will never understand that you are the temple that the abomination is standing in.

What does the abomination come to.do?

You know.

Of course I already know that nobody is going to believe me, either way, God did bind Satan, but he has to be loosed that a person experiences brief power, just enough for him to become extreemly vain, haughty and damn near intolerable as he seemingly looses his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity