Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 02:05 PM

9,899 posts, read 1,282,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Like Adam, we are all created with free-will choices.
Perfect Adam could only sin on purpose.
Because we are all born 'after ' Adam lost his human perfection is why we inherited father Adam's leanings toward wrongdoing.
We inherited his leaning toward sin, thus sin passed down from sinner Adam to us, we inherited his acquired imperfection.
We can't stop sinning, if we could stop sinning ( imperfection ) we would Not die.
For the soul person that sins dies - Ezekiel 18:4,20.

I have a diabetic friend whose both parents were diabetic, so that is why my friend is diabetic.
There was No way to avoid that inherited outcome, at least until Jesus comes ! - Rev. 22:2,20
So, unless you can now stop sinning you have the inherited imperfection (sin) from fallen father Adam.
Yes, we inherit Adam’s human nature and propensity to sin. That is not the same as inheriting actual sin. Unless you can show Scripture to support your view, it holds no water. Yet, there is Scripture that flat out says we do not inherit sin. In fact, Ezekiel 18 says that the soul which sins shall die. Please read the entire chapter. God never hold us responsible for another’s sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 02:08 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,936,645 times
God taught me that sin is the absence of obedience.
God is not demanding as men would be but ads a loving Father if we seek His direction in our lives he is both able to give guidance in all that we do, significant and insignificant.
I ask God is I should do such and such, and I get direction in that area of interest, even specific direction with in that interest.
Matthew 7;21,22,23, Jesus makes the determination who does and who does not enter the kingdom of heaven. and it is not by one's noble deeds, but their subjection to Him in their life. Calling Jesus "Lord" when He had no lordship in you constitutes a "lie" He is not obligated to over look. Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach the individual in His place. The Gospel men are to share is this message, not substitute in the Holy Spirit's place.
God knows the heart of man, who better to teach one desperate to know God?
Seek God's tutelage to understand scriptures. You will do far better.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So is that an admission to sinning? Because God tells us not to. So you go against God's will?

So is God just for commanding that which you cannot do?
So why are you concerned about the sin of another rather than your own and staying on topic about whether it is within man to seek after God or not?.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Look Fundie, The grace of God is continually all over my life, that is my experience, even when it appears not to be, that is because I am God Conscious not sin conscious.

Gnashing your teeth is not good for you.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:18 PM

9,899 posts, read 1,282,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is my point. We have it within us to seek after him, we might even be seeking him in the wrong things, but God sees the heart (Draw near to him and he will draw near to you). The patriarchs did and they are no different to us if we call upon him how they did.
Absolutely! Your posts have been spot on. “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” (James 4:8)

Old 12-23-2021, 02:19 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
So why are you concerned about the sin of another rather than your own and staying on topic about whether it is within man to seek after God or not?.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Look Fundie, The grace of God is continually all over my life, that is my experience, even when it appears not to be, that is because I am God Conscious not sin conscious.

Gnashing your teeth is not good for you.
Did you read the post you quoted? I asked it to make a point. God does give commands that we cannot do. Including obeying his commands

Old 12-23-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Did you read the post you quoted? I asked it to make a point. God does give commands that we cannot do. Including obeying his commands
No he doesn't. God would never ask us to do something that we cannot do. After the fall your bible tells us that man began calling upon the Lord. God is not sadistic nor playing games with us. He is forever causing the sun to shine on the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of whatever belief we belong to, not for us to join the correct religion or a correct belief system, but that we seek his face and live by the super abundance of his kingdom in this world of tribulation.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
No he doesn't. God would never ask us to do something that we cannot do.

So why do you do not stop sinning?

Old 12-23-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
So why do you do not stop sinning?
Sin is only a problem to those who believe they are sinners, which obviously you are because you keep sinning. Basically you need to seek the Lord about who you are in Christ, to give you an understanding of your old man and the new man, and to at least have a glimpse of all that belongs to you right now in the here and now.

I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

Last edited by pcamps; 12-23-2021 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Sin is only a problem to those who believe they are sinners, which obviously you are because you keep sinning. Basically you need to seek the Lord about who you are in Christ, to give you an understanding of your old man and the new man, and to at least have a glimpse of all that belongs to you right now in the here and now.

I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit
So you believe you're more holy than the apostle Paul? He lamented that he couldn't stop sinning.

Romans 7:15-20 "For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me."

AGAIN....the point is that God does command us to do what we can't do. And it won't be until we get to heaven that we are able to live in 100% obedience to him.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:23 PM

13,678 posts, read 7,980,211 times
Quote:
So you believe you're more holy than the apostle Paul? He lamented that he couldn't stop sinning.

Romans 7:15-20 "For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me."

AGAIN....the point is that God does command us to do what we can't do. And it won't be until we get to heaven that we are able to live in 100% obedience to him.
In that passage, Paul is speaking of man in his unregenerated, unbaptized state.

The law is a guide for man, but does not give man the power to fulfill its precepts.

Thanks to Christ and the Sacraments He instituted, we now have the help we need to actually fulfill the demands of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity