Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Just as you believe that in order to receive salvation, one must accept Christ as savior. I doubt a Buddhist, Hindu, or Atheist would find you any different than you firmly believe I am.

Yeah but what happens once that Buddist, Hindu, or Atheist mistakingly believes that you are not exclusive, and then once they become a part of your organization they will realize the reality of what you teach.

I tell people up front what I believe, so there is no mistake, no misunderstanding.

What the JW's are doing is misleading and that is wrong.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Yeah but what happens once that Buddist, Hindu, or Atheist mistakingly believes that you are not exclusive, and then once they become a part of your organization they will realize the reality of what you teach.

I tell people up front what I believe, so there is no mistake, no misunderstanding.

What the JW's are doing is misleading and that is wrong.
7 million people worldwide realize the reality of what we teach...and more are being baptized every day. The know very well we feel that we have the truth.

So I feel you didnt understand what I was trying to say and therefore you want to label it as 'dishonesty'. In reality, you misunderstood. Or if not, please copy and paste the comment I made that shows I lied.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And again, you are no different than I. I believe the Christian faith is the only true path.

But I also DO NOT believe that all religions that claim to be Christian are following Christ's teachings. That makes them a part of false relgion. And I'm not going to lie and say that I don't feel Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones that are abiding by those teachings and truly focusing on obedience to God.
You believe that your denomination is the only true representative of Christianity and that is exclusivity, so I was right to begin with.

And whereas my religion may be somewhat exclusive, your is completely exclusive. Nobody who is a practicing member of any other religion besides JW's will survive Armageddon--according to your beliefs.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:09 AM

The truth is Jesus Christ, not your Watchower deceived religion.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Unless everyone at the time of Armageddon is in some way,shape, or form connected to the JW religion AKA Faithful and Discreet slave class AKA Jehovah's Witnesses AKA The Watchtower Society, AKA many other titles and legal entities you use, they will be destroyed at Armageddon---This is what your religion teaches.

This encompasses 99.5% of the whole world, therefore by default, making you an exclusive religion to the highest degree.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
The truth is Jesus Christ, not your Watchower deceived religion.
You assume again that I am believe the way I do BECAUSE I am a Jehovah's Witness. The opposite is actually true. I am perfectly capable of researching my own beliefs and weighing them against the beliefs of ANY organization. Jesus Christ's truth is not being taught elsewhere, that I can see.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You assume again that I am believe the way I do BECAUSE I am a Jehovah's Witness. The opposite is actually true. I am perfectly capable of researching my own beliefs and weighing them against the beliefs of ANY organization. Jesus Christ's truth is not being taught elsewhere, that I can see.
And you believe the way you do because you were indoctrinated since birth.

chicken or the egg, which came first?

Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 AM

nobody in their right mind (without coercion and devious tactics) would become a JW. You have been lied to by the Watchtower Society and those who have taught you this way.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:21 AM

and in turn they are teaching you ever so subtly to lie to others. You know what I, Jessaka, and numerous others on these thread have said are true--but you are doing your best to misrepresent what you truly believe in order that those few Buddhist, Atheist, and Hindu posters will see your religion differently for what it really is.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
nobody in their right mind (without coercion and devious tactics) would become a JW. You have been lied to by the Watchtower Society and those who have taught you this way.
Did you know that over 90 percent of the people in our faith are converted, NOT born into the faith?

And I understand you feel we should not declare we are the one true religion when you insult our very ability to reason, it goes overboard. I have not insulted your intelligence and I'd appreciate if you'd show me the same courtesy.

There is NOTHING I believe that I cannot support using just the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity