Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,113 times

Advertisements

Is there another Jesus I don't know about?

Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
But which Jesus, the bible is clear, if you don't have the Son correctly then you don't have the Father.
Do you have the bible verse for that? Good point!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I'm interested in this as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Sorry Antredd and Alice, didn't see your question.

(John 10:30) "I and the Father are one"

(John 17) The High Priestly Prayer

1Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.
3"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
4"I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.
5"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
7"Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You;
8for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
9"I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
10and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
11"I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12"While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Is there another Jesus I don't know about?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
I'm interested in this as well.
Fundamentalist does make a valid point:
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." II Cor 11:3-5
emphasis mine

Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
very good verse!

that verse makes a huge impact in what others believe Jesus to be

Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Fundamentalist does make a valid point:
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." II Cor 11:3-5
emphasis mine
I read the verse Fundamentalist quoted after I posted. Which led me to write down that I need to read 2 Corin. again after the others I have noted. lol

Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,203 times
I was with JW's from 1991 to 2001. I had questions they could not answer. I registered to be baptized but at the very last moment they decided not to baptize me, in 1996. The reason why they did so was that I had questions. I agree with them upon many things. I am still considering them to be the only Congregation of God. The way their organization is working throughout the world proves that they are having God's approval. Their literature is phantastic! I just mention their 2-volume Insight on the Holy Scriptures including a total of about 2500 pages, with numerous high-quality colour photos. Their Interlinear Kingdom Translation of the Greek Scriptures is of great importance. I took these two books as a basis for my novel entitled Virágszerda (Palm Wednesday) /www.magyarbattila.hu/. So, JW's have the proper literature but they are not tending to use the facts written therein. They have their standpoints firm enough not to be changed by any reasoning. Among others, this attitude made me leave their organization. I am very grateful to them for the opportunity to study Biblian literature but the conclusions I drew from their publications greatly differ from theirs. I am confident that the framework of JW's organization will continue to exist in the New World promised by Jehova for the time after Armageddon. However, it is to be presumed that great changes will take place in the governing personnel. This much I could add to this topic. Best wishes to all.
Attila B. Magyar
Budapest Hungary info@magyarbattila.hu

Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Sorry Antredd and Alice, didn't see your question.

(John 10:30) "I and the Father are one"

(John 17) The High Priestly Prayer

1Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.
3"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
4"I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.
5"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
7"Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You;
8for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
9"I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
10and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
11"I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12"While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.
John 10:30-??? He says this yes, but you don't feel this has to do with Unity of thought and purpose? The bible also says man and wife are to become 'one flesh'...does this mean they are to be the same person? In John, Jesus prays that his apostles become 'one' 'just as you and I are one'. Obviously he does not intend that his followers become one person...so I don't see how this scripture proves they are the same.

The other scriptures merely confirm this.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:16 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
John 10:30-??? He says this yes, but you don't feel this has to do with Unity of thought and purpose? The bible also says man and wife are to become 'one flesh'...does this mean they are to be the same person? In John, Jesus prays that his apostles become 'one' 'just as you and I are one'. Obviously he does not intend that his followers become one person...so I don't see how this scripture proves they are the same.

The other scriptures merely confirm this.
No one is arguing that, the argument is there are not many roads, that there is one Jesus and if you don't have the right Jesus then you (in general) are in trouble. We better make sure we serve the right Jesus and it is obvious you and I can't both be right. One of us is wrong because we don't worship the same Jesus. Actually you don't worship Jesus. You show Him obeisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity