Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,030,618 times

Advertisements

God reveals truth to anyone who asks. Most people who read and study the bible, will only receive truth based on that belief. When we step outside of the boxes we shut ourselves in, we can receive higher truths that may not be in line with what we've been taught. When we open up ourselves to be available for all the impossible things God can show us, we, too, can become enlighted through God. Jesus was a very powerful man and His teachings can lead us all to be the teacher He was. When we shut our mind to the possibilities God can do for us, we stagnate our own souls. When we do this, we think anyone else is incapable of doing greater so when someone says something that doesn't fit with our own beliefs, we try to bring them down to our level. I'm not a follower who needs some unenlightened person to bring me down. I walk with God and my Big Brother Jesus. People who try not to understand or who think theirs is the only way and want to bring others down, aren't following Jesus. Jesus would always listen and understand His fellow brothers and sisters.
Heaven is a big place, more than anyone can comprehend. What makes all of you bible believers think you can tell someone they are not of God? That they won't get to Heaven because they don't "study scripture"? That anyone who doesn't is not on the path to God? You are not God. You have no right to tell another brother or sister that they are not of God or are the anti-christ or that they are not going to be saved. God loves all of us no matter what path we take. There is only one "door" you can enter Heaven by. Are you so confident that your "door" is the right one? What will you do when you get to heaven and find that Jesus' dying had nothing at all to do with your salvation? What will you do when you realize that some one, who doesn't study your scripture, told you what the "door" was and you didn't take it? When you get to heaven, will you even know who Jesus is? Have you ever seen Him or talked to Him in person? And if He tells you something that you haven't read in your bible, will you believe Him?
I'm not asking you to stop reading your scripture, just ponder that there is more out there than the bible.

Small thoughts to ponder from Reverend1111
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,448,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God reveals truth to anyone who asks. Most people who read and study the bible, will only receive truth based on that belief. When we step outside of the boxes we shut ourselves in, we can receive higher truths that may not be in line with what we've been taught. When we open up ourselves to be available for all the impossible things God can show us, we, too, can become enlighted through God. Jesus was a very powerful man and His teachings can lead us all to be the teacher He was. When we shut our mind to the possibilities God can do for us, we stagnate our own souls. When we do this, we think anyone else is incapable of doing greater so when someone says something that doesn't fit with our own beliefs, we try to bring them down to our level. I'm not a follower who needs some unenlightened person to bring me down. I walk with God and my Big Brother Jesus. People who try not to understand or who think theirs is the only way and want to bring others down, aren't following Jesus. Jesus would always listen and understand His fellow brothers and sisters.
Heaven is a big place, more than anyone can comprehend. What makes all of you bible believers think you can tell someone they are not of God? That they won't get to Heaven because they don't "study scripture"? That anyone who doesn't is not on the path to God? You are not God. You have no right to tell another brother or sister that they are not of God or are the anti-christ or that they are not going to be saved. God loves all of us no matter what path we take. There is only one "door" you can enter Heaven by. Are you so confident that your "door" is the right one? What will you do when you get to heaven and find that Jesus' dying had nothing at all to do with your salvation? What will you do when you realize that some one, who doesn't study your scripture, told you what the "door" was and you didn't take it? When you get to heaven, will you even know who Jesus is? Have you ever seen Him or talked to Him in person? And if He tells you something that you haven't read in your bible, will you believe Him?
I'm not asking you to stop reading your scripture, just ponder that there is more out there than the bible.

Small thoughts to ponder from Reverend1111

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me...Betsey, I say come as you are. Only God and God alone, judges the heart. I'm not a confusionist, I'm a believer in Christ Jesus.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:17 AM

And I'm a Divine love Christian who only wants my brothers and sisters to live in the Divine Love of God. The very substance that saved me from sin, Gods substance. My teachings are about Divine Love. I can only tell you how to receive it and the rest is up to everyone else.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
And I'm a Divine love Christian who only wants my brothers and sisters to live in the Divine Love of God. The very substance that saved me from sin, Gods substance. My teachings are about Divine Love. I can only tell you how to receive it and the rest is up to everyone else.

{"I can only tell you how to receive it and the rest is up to everyone else."}

Your quote

I can only share the good news of Jesus Christ and how to receive it, and the rest is up to the Holy Spirit.

Betsey

Old 03-13-2009, 02:12 PM

Sweetie, I'm not arguing here, I only pointed a different way that is the shortcut to God. This shortcut is through Jesus and what He taught while He was on earth. Our beliefs are our own and what we do with them is up to us. Truth in within us through our experiences.
I have a feeling that what you have experienced, based on your posts here and others, that you have received Divine Love, giving it the name of Holy Spirit. I can tell others have experienced it as well. Some haven't. It's all a matter of what we have been taught and what we do with it. Your beliefs lie with the bible and mine lie with what Jesus and other Celestials have conveyed to my church.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,842,958 times
Quote:
Sweetie, I'm not arguing here, I only pointed a different way that is the shortcut to God. This shortcut is through Jesus and what He taught while He was on earth. Our beliefs are our own and what we do with them is up to us. Truth in within us through our experiences.
I have a feeling that what you have experienced, based on your posts here and others, that you have received Divine Love, giving it the name of Holy Spirit. I can tell others have experienced it as well. Some haven't. It's all a matter of what we have been taught and what we do with it. Your beliefs lie with the bible and mine lie with what Jesus and other Celestials have conveyed to my church.
But what if what they reveal doesnt line up with the Bible?

Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Betsey please, thanks. Sweetie is on the candy aisle in Publix or Piggly Wiggly's.

Now moving right along to the topic at hand, (). There's no "shortcut" to God. They're one and the same according to scriptures, but how would you know that, according to you, you don't read them!

So I ask: Whereth forth does one getteth thoust enligthenment? Who's you're source? Curious.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Betsey please, thanks. Sweetie is on the candy aisle in Publix or Piggly Wiggly's.

Now moving right along to the topic at hand, (). There's no "shortcut" to God. They're one and the same according to scriptures, but how would you know that, according to you, you don't read them!

So I ask: Whereth forth does one getteth thoust enligthenment? Who's you're source? Curious.
Publix, man I miss Florida, but there is a Piggly Wiggly in North Carolina and that is where I am going on vacation this summer. OOPS off topic.....Lets see, what to add.... Oh yeah, no short cut, Just Christ. Narrow is the Path.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Praying for and receiving Divine Love through earnest and sincere prayer is the shortcut to God. It's what Jesus taught while he was on earth. My teachings line up with the bible. They explain it further. The writers were not as educated as we are today. The apostles didn't understand what Jesus was talking about when He was talking about it. He always spoke in parables so that they could understand what He taught.

Sample of my ministry teachings:

Although Jesus' Magnificence surpasses that of all souls, and his Love is beyond all Earthly comprehension, Jesus himself emphatically declared that his mission was to bring Mankind the Good News that the Gift of receiving the Divine Love was not just meant for him alone, but that the Father had ordained that every human soul could partake of the Divine Essence too. We read so in John 17:26, "And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the Love wherewith Thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." Jesus was not the "only-born" to be allowed the transformation into the Image of the Father, the New Birth, but, as Paul says in Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Man, while created "a little below the Angels," can become a true Divine Angel, through the transformation of the New Birth. Luke 20:34-36, "And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry and are given in marriage. But they that shall be accounted worthy to obtain that World [the Celestial Heavens] and the Resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage, neither can they die any more; for they are equal unto the Angels and are the children of God, being the children of the Resurrection."

Old 03-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Praying for and receiving Divine Love through earnest and sincere prayer is the shortcut to God. It's what Jesus taught while he was on earth. My teachings line up with the bible. They explain it further. The writers were not as educated as we are today. The apostles didn't understand what Jesus was talking about when He was talking about it. He always spoke in parables so that they could understand what He taught.

Sample of my ministry teachings:

Although Jesus' Magnificence surpasses that of all souls, and his Love is beyond all Earthly comprehension, Jesus himself emphatically declared that his mission was to bring Mankind the Good News that the Gift of receiving the Divine Love was not just meant for him alone, but that the Father had ordained that every human soul could partake of the Divine Essence too. We read so in John 17:26, "And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the Love wherewith Thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." Jesus was not the "only-born" to be allowed the transformation into the Image of the Father, the New Birth, but, as Paul says in Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Man, while created "a little below the Angels," can become a true Divine Angel, through the transformation of the New Birth. Luke 20:34-36, "And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry and are given in marriage. But they that shall be accounted worthy to obtain that World [the Celestial Heavens] and the Resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage, neither can they die any more; for they are equal unto the Angels and are the children of God, being the children of the Resurrection."

I am sorry but I just dont agree with your interpritation, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity