Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,117,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Alan i reject most of what the church teaches but believe Jesus is my Savior , that he paid the price for my sin with His own blood and is no longer imputing sin against me , and because of this I can enter the Holy of Holies with a clear clear conscience and fellowship with the creator of the universe.
Dont care.
The point of my posts on this topic, and on this whole Forum is that I do so as a reflection of what god has done inside me.

The JW is being used, being lied to, made to suffer for things that the bible does not teach.

So I believe it is very correct to stand up and answer the posts of a JW here.
I believe to not stand up and give an answer to the questions asked would make me part of the problem.

We in the Christian church are the light of the world.
We bring the good news to the ones in need.
We cant pretend that the lies of the WATCHTOWER dont cause harm.

Thus, rather than saying, "Why go after the JWs when your own house is messed up?"
The correct way to look at the situation is,,,"If not me, who else will help this person?"

Im glad you think you are saved.
One way to tell if you are, is the need you have to share with the Lost.
If your "salvation" is very private and a "Mind Your Own Business" type of salvation...it's moot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:07 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Dont care.
The point of my posts on this topic, and on this whole Forum is that I do so as a reflection of what god has done inside me.

The JW is being used, being lied to, made to suffer for things that the bible does not teach.

So I believe it is very correct to stand up and answer the posts of a JW here.
I believe to not stand up and give an answer to the questions asked would make me part of the problem.

We in the Christian church are the light of the world.
We bring the good news to the ones in need.
We cant pretend that the lies of the WATCHTOWER dont cause harm.

Thus, rather than saying, "Why go after the JWs when your own house is messed up?"
The correct way to look at the situation is,,,"If not me, who else will help this person?"

Im glad you think you are saved.
One way to tell if you are, is the need you have to share with the Lost.
If your "salvation" is very private and a "Mind Your Own Business" type of salvation...it's moot
The Church though it should be the light of the world as failed miserably, it's full of darkness.

I share God's love for His whole creation whenever i get opportunity.

My point is the christian church which is full of error is no different from any other cult or organization , so who are the christian church to judge the JW's ?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
The Church though it should be the light of the world as failed miserably, it's full of darkness.
The "church" is just made of people like me.
I cant answer for all of the Christian church, but I can answer for myself.

I can tell you I have not failed miserbly.
I know my bible, I share when and where I can.
I have seen results.

If I have a short comming it is that I sometimes am not bold enough to stand up for what is right, and to speak against evil.

Im not in any darkness, I try hard to bring the Light.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:24 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Alan you said The JW is being used, being lied to, made to suffer for things that the bible does not teach.

I think the exact same thing about christianity . Jesus is not a christian and is not bound by church doctrine and teaching.

They tried throwing Him over a cliff after He said the scripture He read was fulfilled in their hearing.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Alan you said The JW is being used, being lied to, made to suffer for things that the bible does not teach.
Yes, I said this and I believe it.

It's like this, If I were to tell you that you should forget about going to school, forget about getting married, forget about building a home or doing anything that might take a few years to finish because we have 100% proof that the world will end in just a few months...

and...
You believe me.

You dont get married.
You dont have a baby
You dont plan a new addition to the house.
You drop out of school
You spend all your time pushing my idea that there is only a few months left before Jesus returns...

Then...

Then the months go by, turn into years.
and you start to ask me, "What is going on?"
and I turn to you and say,

"Well I never said it would happen, that was all your fault for believeing in a false teaching"

Dont you think people should have a right to find out the true history of all this?

Dont you think that before a person signs up to become a member of that type of church that someone should pull them off to the side and show them a few things that are hidden?
Because that is all Im doing.
Im not attacking the JW at the door, Im attacking the Watchtower that has been very busy keeping a few things hidden and the JW at my door in the dark about.

I dont hate the JWs, I only want to share with them a few things from the history of the watchtower that they might be shocked to learn....

I asked a nice lady JW at my door if she had ever heard that the Watchtower had built King David a home before?
She looked at me like I was crazy.
She told me she would never be part of a church that was going around predicting that King David would return and building him a house to live in...

I asked her to go down the the Kingdom hall, and check out a few things, (I gave her the list)...

I never heard back from her....

Old 06-06-2009, 11:30 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,452,847 times
Quote:
Yes, I said this and I believe it.

It's like this, If I were to tell you that you should forget about going to school, forget about getting married, forget about building a home or doing anything that might take a few years to finish because we have 100% proof that the world will end in just a few months...

and...
You believe me.

You dont get married.
You dont have a baby
You dont plan a new addition to the house.
You drop out of school
You spend all your time pushing my idea that there is only a few months left before Jesus returns...

Then...

Then the months go by, turn into years.
and you start to ask me, "What is going on?"
and I turn to you and say,

"Well I never said it would happen, that was all your fault for believeing in a false teaching"

Dont you think people should have a right to find out the true history of all this?

Dont you think that before a person signs up to become a member of that type of church that someone should pull them off to the side and show them a few things that are hidden?
Because that is all Im doing.
Im not attacking the JW at the door, Im attacking the Watchtower that has been very busy keeping a few things hidden and the JW at my door in the dark about.

I dont hate the JWs, I only want to share with them a few things from the history of the watchtower that they might be shocked to learn....

I asked a nice lady JW at my door if she had ever heard that the Watchtower had built King David a home before?
She looked at me like I was crazy.
She told me she would never be part of a church that was going around predicting that King David would return and building him a house to live in...

I asked her to go down the the Kingdom hall, and check out a few things, (I gave her the list)...

I never heard back from her....
Alan, I have to commend you on your efforts when dialoguing with a JW. I was wondering have you noticed that they tend to be always on the defensive rather than the offensive? If they have the truth as they teach their blind followers, then why are they defending it. God's truth speaks on its own merit.

When the Word of God is presented to them and smacks them on their faces, they go run back to their elders and Watchtower Literature so that they can be further indoctrinated and blinded from the truth. The ones who keep coming in our christian forums are looking for the light, and I HOPE THAT GOD CONTINUES TO LEAD THEM TO THE LIGHT, since you so eloquently said that the church isn't a building but believers who are trying to be the light of the world. God bless you.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
they go run back to their elders and Watchtower Literature.
Okay, very true and this leads to my next idea.

How To Witnesses To A JW...101

The thing I have learned over years and years of dealing with JWs is that in the beginning it is very pointless to think you can win a debate about the bible with them.

It does not matter how well you do in a debate, it does not matter how many "points" you score on the JW, if the JW just gets in their car and drives down to the Kingdom hall and gets the Watchtower's answer.

It is not the Bible that the JW at the door has a problem with.
The problem is the Blind trust the JW at your door has for the watchtower.

That is why it's pointless to debate on the Bible with a JW...
Thats also why the first thing you do is attack the Watchtower...

The normal JW at your door has no clue about the history of the Watchtower aside from what they read inside the Watchtower.
They will have little defence to the facts you can show them about the dates the Watchtower has set, and the lies the watchtower has told...

Old 06-06-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Okay, very true and this leads to my next idea.

How To Witnesses To A JW...101

The thing I have learned over years and years of dealing with JWs is that in the beginning it is very pointless to think you can win a debate about the bible with them.

It does not matter how well you do in a debate, it does not matter how many "points" you score on the JW, if the JW just gets in their car and drives down to the Kingdom hall and gets the Watchtower's answer.

It is not the Bible that the JW at the door has a problem with.
The problem is the Blind trust the JW at your door has for the watchtower.

That is why it's pointless to debate on the Bible with a JW...
Thats also why the first thing you do is attack the Watchtower...

The normal JW at your door has no clue about the history of the Watchtower aside from what they read inside the Watchtower.
They will have little defence to the facts you can show them about the dates the Watchtower has set, and the lies the watchtower has told...
You are 100% right. That's why when I see how they cut and paste their watchtower literature on forums, I know fully well that they trust the WT literature over what anyone else says( who's just showing perhaps a different perspective on Scripture) or if a person makes a good point made in regard to some of their errors. They won't accept anything that we say because to them we are in the dark. What I try to do is just give them questions and verses that are clear and make logical sense so that somehow they reading them on their own without those WT Bible aides, the Holy Spirit would open up their eyes, if just seeing that there are other interpretations out there, and that the WT isn't the only answer to biblical questions or study.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen4greatness View Post
i agree, that was awesome, i just ran across the post, no needto repeat much of the same thing. But just in case i missed it."let us make man in our own image." and i and the father are one, if you have seen me you have seen the father." i'd love to hear ur take on revelation.
me too.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 AM

150 posts, read 301,982 times
Quote:

I think the exact same thing about christianity . Jesus is not a christian and is not bound by church doctrine and teaching.

They tried throwing Him over a cliff after He said the scripture He read was fulfilled in their hearing.
True followers of Christ Jesus [Christians] will not throw Jesus over the cliff. The "church" religious system will oppose Jesus and be His enemy to the Truth.

BTW, Your paraphrase about Jesus reading the scripture was in the temple of the Jews and it was the Pharisees and Saducees who wanted to kill Him because he was exposing their bondage of darkness with His Light of the Truth. It was not the New Testament Church described in the book of Acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity