Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Pastor?
Creflo Dollar 3 2.83%
Joel Osteen 14 13.21%
TD Jakes 10 9.43%
Joyce Meyer 19 17.92%
Neither 60 56.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:57 AM

179 posts, read 289,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I don't know if you are speaking of these three or not but the majority, over 80% of the pastors are good men of God including my father.

I would bet that 80% of all churches would bend over backwards to
have one of these crooks come to their church one Sunday.

If you want to find God and Jesus...Pray....read...study the whole Bible,
remember God does not leave us , we leave Him if for only short periods
at a time, it is OUR responsibilty to grow and learn to be Christ like.

Its not easy to be good, it can be down right hard, but we was warned.

In the end when we take that last breath, our actions and choices is
all we take with us. God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I don't know if you are speaking of these three or not but the majority, over 80% of the pastors are good men of God including my father.

I'm sure your father is fine. I was answering the question. I do believe that those folks on tv for the most part do it for the money. Those who are living large and have more money then they know what to do with and are living a wealthy lifestyle are not followers of Christ or they would be feeding the poor, giving shelter to the homeless and educating the uneducated or at least helping. I think they ought to be ashamed. I can't turn the channels on my tv without passing at least 5 or 6 Christian ministers trying to get people to buy something or send a donation for their ministries and people do because they are being told it will help them spiritually or they will get something out of it. Folks that often can't afford to send these preachers money.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:49 PM

190 posts, read 242,434 times
I have no favorites..as long as they say Jesus the Lord says leave them alone..because he deal with the motive behind what we all do..whether it be good or bad

Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 AM

303 posts, read 569,992 times
These people are ruthless cunning gainsayers who profit off the Gospel

Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,536,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i love Joel Osteen and i don't buys his books, cd's,dvd's or send money to him.

I have also been blessed in the past by Hinn, Hagin,Copeland,Wommack and Duplantis, but as you have probably gathered by now i'm an heretic.
A number of years ago I listened to Joyce Meyer on the radio. Never sent her money. I can only speak to my experience with her then.

She comes from a background of parental sexual abuse, and much of her teaching at that time was her experience with God bringing her out of that situation and into health and wholeness. Her message was very scriptural and very encouraging. I specifically remember her talking about God helping her forgive her father, and how she would often visit with him as he was dying. A powerful message and testimony. She has helped a lot of people. She has given away many possessions.

She is a teacher, not a preacher.

My guess is that a lot of her wealth has come from book sales, and her books are marketed to the general population, not just Christians.

That's all I know. I don't know how she is living her life these days. But I do know enough about her to know that I'm not going to judge. That just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
I will have to say Joel Osteen.I LOVE HIM!!
that goes for me too, but I would never pay money to see him in person

Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,608 times
Joyce Meyer is brilliant. She is encouraging and thought provoking. she says it as it is. I really believe she has a gift from God.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:51 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times
I like to listen to everyone but Joel. He is more of a motivational speaker to me. He may use a scripture once in a blue moon. But if you want to be motivated well he is your guy, I can't say that He would do much else for me.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,601 times
Charles Stanley

Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 PM

303 posts, read 569,992 times
Crefflo Dollar should change his name to Throw me a Dollar...
He and the others mentioned above except Charles Stanley are shysters....
"The blind lead the blind and they both fall in a ditch"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity