Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Pastor?
Creflo Dollar 3 2.83%
Joel Osteen 14 13.21%
TD Jakes 10 9.43%
Joyce Meyer 19 17.92%
Neither 60 56.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Who is/are your fave?

Who connects with You more?

The word of God delivered by any annointed person of God, besides as I
understand it, somewhere n the scriptures that playing favorites should
be abandoned by the church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 08:34 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

The word of God delivered by any annointed person of God, besides as I
understand it, somewhere n the scriptures that playing favorites should
be abandoned by the church.
Amen. I have attended teaching in Nowhereville USA and had a mighty man of God teach the word more powerful and at a higher level than those mentioned on this thread...he would put all of them to shame. And he lives in a two bedroom , onebath home ; opening up his home on Saturdays for all to attend bible teachings

Yes, it is who God anoints; not what TBN promotes or says

Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times
They all make me vomit.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
I listened to all of them for 21 years...I first received Jesus as my Lord and Savior back in 1988, 22 years ago. I was under Benny Hinn for the first 14 years, he was my pastor, I knew him personally. A year ago I received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, and with that came the knowledge of the truth...replacing all the lies that they all filled my head and heart with...I can't count the dollars I've spent on their books, CD's, tapes...and offerings.

...BUT!!!...Thank God He sent His truth to me through true, God loving ministers of the Gospel...sisters and brothers in Christ, who walk in the truth...and it didn't cost me a red cent...

...but what it did cost was far more...it cost me my life...of which I am glad to give to God my Father...I've been set free from false teachers who teach a false doctrine! Praise the Lord!

Old 10-27-2009, 06:49 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Who is/are your fave?

Joyce Meyer connects more as far as applying scripture to your actual life, although even she gets off the beaten track sometimes....but they all live very carnal lives that are contrary to the Gospel message...and what kind of message can you send to some of the poorest people in the world if you are living the high life while they starve? But, they all teach a prosperity gospel which makes them think that what they have is something they deserve for the work they do...not cool...especially when they teach this to others...there is no humility in their service. We don't deserve any kind of riches in this life just because we work for God.

While I know that they all do alot of good mission work...I feel they could be doing more and instead of spending money on buildings, furnishings, art, cars, homes, etc...the money they collect should be used strictly for missions, the poor, widows, orphans, those starving, the homeless, etc. While I have nothing against a preacher making a living...the lavish lifestyle is what puts most of them in a bad light and is a serious turnoff to any real Christian who wants to be the hands and feet of Jesus in this world. A true pastor/teacher with a heart for helping humanity would not live this type of lifestyle.

I think Mother Teresa is the best example of a person who truly was the hands and feet of Jesus and one we should all strive to follow.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest. (Jer 45:5)

This is the scripture my mom (a Mother Teresa type) would give in reference to ministry. Basically, the messenger must have the cross applied to their life, and then be broken so that the anoiting can flow to others. (Literally, something dead and others feeding off it.)

It's not a comfortable lifestyle, in fact it's hard - but the minister (all of us actually) are "buying" that gold that is His nature and character with our lives. (Rev 3:18) When I look at today's preachers of prominence, I pray that their spiritual condition is healthier than their lifestyles exhibit.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Who is/are your fave?

All any of them want is your money and they are using God to get it.... All of them ought to be ashamed.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
All any of them want is your money and they are using God to get it.... All of them ought to be ashamed.
I don't know if you are speaking of these three or not but the majority, over 80% of the pastors are good men of God including my father.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 17,915 times
indeed you are pcamps. you are also very confused it would seem.......

Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingc View Post
indeed you are pcamps. you are also very confused it would seem.......
Confused about what ? whether i'm an heretic or not ?

Yes i am an heretic .

An heretic for Jesus

Gnash Gnash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity