Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Pastor?
Creflo Dollar 3 2.83%
Joel Osteen 14 13.21%
TD Jakes 10 9.43%
Joyce Meyer 19 17.92%
Neither 60 56.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:50 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
This response is why they can continually rob millions of dollars from the blind and innocent in the name of God. Their god is mammon.
I feel really bad for you.

I expected some kind of attack when I posted that I've enjoyed Joyce Meyer on this forum.
You almost have to wonder if the OP is for real... or if it's a troll post.

That's really too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 PM

178 posts, read 404,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I feel really bad for you.
Why?

Here is some more info about this "preacher".

The Meyer Family Compound
Photo by Robert Cohen, St Louis Post Dispatch
Joyce Meyer Ministries bought these 5 homes for Meyer and her family. The Ministry pays all expenses, including landscaping and lawn care, property taxes and rehab work. Meyer, her husband and each of their four married children live in the homes, free of charge.

Residence of: Joyce and Dave Meyer

1. Bought: April 27th, 1999
    Purchase Price: About $795,000
    Square Footage: 10,000
    Cost of Improvements: $1.1 Million
    Features: 6 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Gold Putting Green, Swimming pool, 8 Car Heated and Cooled Garage, Guest House with 2 more bedrooms, Gazebo.
  2. Residence of: Daughter, Sandra McCollom and her husband Steve
    Bought: February 12, 2002
    Purchase Price: $400,000
    Square Footage: About 5,000
    Cost of Improvements: About $250,000
    Features: 4 Bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half Bathrooms, All-Seasons room, Prayer Room, Media Center and a Home Office.
  3. Residence of: Son, David Meyer and his wife Joy Meyer.
  4. Bought: June 18, 2001Purchase Price: $725,000
    Square Footage: 4,000
    Cost of Improvements: Unknown
    Features: 2 Story Colonial, 4 Bedrooms, 2 1/2 Bathrooms, 2 Garages and a Utility Shed
  5. Residence of: Daughter, Laura Holtzmann and her husband Doug
    Bought: March 7, 2001
    Purchase Price: $350,000
    Square Footage: 2,358
    Cost of Improvements: $3,000
    Features: 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms with a Fireplace.
  6. Residence of: Son, Dan Meyer and his wife Charity
    Bought: Mar 13, 2000
    Purchase Price: About 200,000
    Square Footage: About 2,000
    Cost of Improvements: $33,000
    Features: Brick Ranch With Full Finished Basement

Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Research the lavish lifestyles of these "godly" people on TBN or other networks. All are 501 (c) (3) "churches" which means they sought "permission" from the federal government to operate their "non-profit" "business". Sounds like these people have given themselves as slaves to the State. We cannot serve two masters. Matt. 6:24. Any government creation, like these "churches", are subject to the federal government and all its rules and regulations. Do you think the federal government is in line with the Divine Word of our Father in Heaven? How can we be loyal to both? We cannot, the scriptures tell us so.

Are these the people we want to follow?
Are these the beliefs we want to hold as true?
Should we ask any government's permission to spread God's word?
Should we listen to those that "preach the word" for profit?

Research and study the roots of what you claim to be true. If the truth is your honest and genuine desire, then your prayer will be answered.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I expected some kind of attack when I posted that I've enjoyed Joyce Meyer on this forum.
You almost have to wonder if the OP is for real... or if it's a troll post.

That's really too bad.
No one is attacking you. The "attack" is on those who would cash in on your innocent faith in them. Do not place any man or woman on a higher plane then yourself. There is no need to look up to these supposed "christian leaders" because there are none. Jesus taught we are all preachers and no one is above another, nor should we preach for profit. Study the lives of Jesus and the apostles to learn how one should preach to others.

No ill will was intended towards you.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:09 PM

I do not choose to study the gossip rags. I do not want to spread gossip about ministers. I do not want to be a false witness or to stand in judgment.

Every one of us will stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Personally, I need God's mercy.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 6:16-19

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I do not choose to study the gossip rags. I do not want to spread gossip about ministers. I do not want to be a false witness or to stand in judgment.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

First verify if this information is "gossip" before you categorize it as such. If it is, then you are correct. If it isn't, ..........

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM

I'm done with this conversation. There's always plenty like you that come by this forum to spread their venom.

You should have no problem finding others who will converse with you.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I'm done with this conversation. There's always plenty like you that come by this forum to spread their venom.

You should have no problem finding others who will converse with you.
No such venom was spread. I'm sorry you feel this way.
The truth is available if you seek it.
By the way, these "preachers" will freely admit to all this "gossip" and explain it as "God blessing them".
If truth is what you seek, you will find it.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 AM

342 posts, read 540,871 times
Quote:
I have enjoyed the teaching of Joyce Meyer for years~
Seek the Truth not enjoyment or entertainment........the showmanship and deception of these "so called preachers" is an abomination.......

Last edited by Vessif; 01-12-2009 at 04:33 AM..

Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 AM

342 posts, read 540,871 times
Quote:

You have just descibed Joyce Meyer Ministires,with your Biblical quote please refer back to my 1st post on this thread.....Do not be decieved: not all who "sound" religious really are.......BE CAREFUL.....there are many deceivers and charltans out there preying on the vulnerable.....Get into a good Bible-based church......PRAY.....and "study" God's Word with humble TRUE believers.......avoid those who exploit God's word to get rich........they will not escape judgement......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity