Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:21 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

[quote=Cloudwalking;9726385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I grew up on a farm and we had sheep.
quote]

Well why didn't you say "sheep to water" ?
well, "Lead a sheep to water" might still work, and it might still carry the same meanings, but I would have to try to remember back to my days on the farm and the sheep I used to care for.

What I remember most is that when sheep do water, they tend to gang up and all try to drink at the same time...

Im not sure that is the image I wish to give my reader...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 PM

163 posts, read 293,107 times
Default do unto others as you would have them do to you :)

[quote=alanMolstad;9726499
Im not sure that is the image I wish to give my reader...[/quote]

Yes I agree, one should be careful of the image they portray cause it could come back around and bite one on the arse

Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalking View Post
arse
You clearly love that word dont you...
Its just like getting away with cussing ....
Its like being naughty only not so much to get yourself in real trouble...

(Ahh, yes, I can remember my first beer too)

Old 07-12-2009, 01:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
RobinD69,
What I have seen all too true is that the people who support "Gay Marriage" tend to also attack the bible when they are pushed about what it teaches.

Not only the bible, but Gay Marriage supporters tend to also attack the very idea of a 'god"
Or if they do admit that there (could) be a god over the earth, that they then believe that there is no way to know what this so-called "god" thinks because the message of the bible is far to corrupted to be believed.

So at most, the so-called "god' of the Gay Marriage supported is an unknowable being, a lot like the "force' of Star Wars.

What does this all mean then?
It points out that the anger that many pro-Gay Marriage supporters show against Christians is nothing more than just the spill-over effect from their own anger against God.

The Christian has just wandered into the battleground that the Gay supporter is in with their Lord.
Their God is Satan according to the Bible and we know he can come as a beacon of light but carries a corrupt message.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Their God is Satan according to the Bible and we know he can come as a beacon of light but carries a corrupt message.
very true...
Satan can get a person so into doing what is evil that they will close their eyes and stop up their ears when they see and hear the message that they are in sin.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
1. When dealing with civil marriage the bible has no place in the argument. No one is attacking it or God; this is not Iran. We are a secular nation. PERIOD.

2. You clearly haven't engaged or looked at many debates on gay marriage if you think the bible and God are always being attacked. The anger is not against God. Most of us who are gay and spiritual have made our peace with Him (I know, I know - you're the ONLY one who can have a personal relationhship with God and only YOUR conclusions on Him are valid). The anger is directed at bigotry and ignorance using His word to back up laws that discriminate and should have nothing to do with religion in the first place! Unless I see the antigay marriage bills also banning any type of civil marriage it's bigotry, plain and simple.
Gay marriage goes against Gods commands and any one who thinks God fine with it is blinded by there own lust.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
You're making a judgement and you know nothing of the person, their soul, or their relationship with God. The anger you speak of has nothing to do with God. You're assuming, basing your judgement on what? It seems you've created an argument to fit your beliefs. You can't say that gay people are angry with God. We've never said we're angry with God or anything of the sort. The reaction your seeing is the reaction of any minority that feels they are being oppressed or discriminated against. The fact that the Bible is being used by some results in attacks against those interpretations of the bible.

Yeah, the gay people resort to name calling. The Christians never do. Being called a "devient" a "pedophile" and "evil" are the tame things I've heard thrown around on this board and in person.

It is primarily Christian groups that are bashing gay people and spending millions of dollars to keep them from what they feel are equal rights. You really can't understand the backlash? That's like saying black people are actually angry with the white sheets - not the Ku Klux Klan themselves.
What you fail to understand is that we do not hate the gay people but we do hate the sin of sexual immorality.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Gay marriage goes against Gods commands and any one who thinks God fine with it is blinded by there own lust.
all sins of the flesh are able to be forgiven ...

all the person has to do is repent of the sin, turn, and take the same Jesus of the Christian into their hearts

Then their sins are cleared off the record and they stand sinless and clean..

Old 07-12-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
all sins of the flesh are able to be forgiven ...

all the person has to do is repent of the sin, turn, and take the same Jesus of the Christian into their hearts

Then their sins are cleared off the record and they stand sinless and clean..
Yes and this goes for both hetero and homo, sexual immoralty is sin in any situation.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Yes and this goes for both hetero and homo, sexual immoralty is sin in any situation.

I would believe that is a greater issue in scripture.

Whether a person wants to tag something as right or wrong being "heterosexual" is not righteousness. Promiscuity from any orientation can be logically demonstrated to not be in most peoples best interest, it is just common sense.

If a counties law disallows two of the same sex to get married it is not of their choosing that they now have a sexual relationship outside of marriage when they are not allowed due to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity