Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Agreed, if they truly read what Jesus said thay will realize that He warned them as well and they ignored Him.
They clearly are blinded to the truth...
The Lord Jesus identifies himself personally by name with the Christian church.
To attack the bible or His church is to attack the lord personally, there is no difference between the two in His eyes.

The Christian has a duty to stand up and make the truth known, not only so that the sinner will hear, believe, and repent, but also to make sure we don't end up with the blood of they on our hands.

For because you have spoken up they are now without excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Hey no problem, simply re read what you wrote where you use the word infers and then take note that I made a generalization on teachings that try to infer things that in our own pursuits we come to disagree with.

I cannot get specific there because obviously were are talkin about an inference I disagree with, but you agree with. So all I can ask, if you can, try to understand the nature of my generalization.
What of specific verses from a literal translation.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
They clearly are blinded to the truth...
The Lord Jesus identifies himself personally by name with the Christian church.
To attack the bible or His church is to attack the lord personally, there is no difference between the two in His eyes.

The Christian has a duty to stand up and make the truth known, not only so that the sinner will hear, believe, and repent, but also to make sure we don't end up with the blood of they on our hands.

For because you have spoken up they are now without excuse.
True but they are too concerned with twisting scripture and they ignore the fact that certain words are not found in the Bible but the same meaning is still there.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
What of specific verses from a literal translation.
My generalization is not about reading a certain translation.

Another example of an inference is the religious phrase "no second chances" No matter what translation you have, it is an inferred point of view.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
My generalization is not about reading a certain translation.

Another example of an inference is the religious phrase "no second chances" No matter what translation you have, it is an inferred point of view.
I am speaking of literaly from the original languages. I do not depend on just one translation I use Greek and Hebrews Interlier translations, Concordance, Over ten various english translations, Archoelgcal and Apologetics translation, Tanakh, and so many other book that lead to the most accurate interpritation so when I say infer I am rather accurate and Im sorry but your understanding of scripture is blinded by your disbeleif.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Im sorry but your understanding of scripture is blinded by your disbeleif.
Yeah, sure, MR Righteous.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sure, MR Righteous.
Is all you about attacking, I never claimed to be righteous. None are righteous but God.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
The verse covers all aspects of homosexuality and using the term "lay with" infers any and all aspect of a man having relation with a man even if it is kissing passionately. There is anther NT verse that goes so far as to express the, male and female, changing from normal relationship. I do not want to condemn any one but if they stray they are condemned by their own actions.
Isn't this the point that Pcamps was making, precisely? It is not our responsibility as Christians to speak words of condemnation or judgment to unbelievers. If a person has been brought to a true understanding of God's unconditional love for them through Jesus Christ, then the Light will shine in their lives and the Spirit will allow them to see where the shadows fall. The shadows being whatever it is in their lives that is outside of God's will for them.

We don't need to condemn, because condemnation only brings darkness and darkness can reveal nothing. Our task, our mission, is to speak of the Light. The Light did not come to condemn because we, in our sin, were living in the darkness of condemnation already. Our responsibility as followers of Christ is to bring the LIGHT to those in darkness, not bring more darkness.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Is all you about attacking, I never claimed to be righteous. None are righteous but God.

You just accuse me of being blinded because you disagree with me, thats twice now. Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 07-14-2009 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: No name calling please

Old 07-14-2009, 02:12 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
What does the Bible say about Judging? And we do focus on our sins but if we ignore any sin then that is the same as condoning.
Don't talk to me of the bible..That book has so many misinterpretations all it does is mislead people. Use your own head for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity