Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There is a fundamental difference with JW's. Its a cult. They punish people for leaving. They punish people who differ with them. Its a cult that works to keep control over the mind, their life and everything they have, that's why there is such uniformity among them. You stray, you're out, and you're cut off from all contact with other JW's even if its your immediate family.
Actually they shun anyone who leaves. I know family members aren't supposed to even communicate with an ex Jehovah's witness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 06:04 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,732 times
A prophet must be unerring 100% of the time. They don't have a great track record. There is no triune G-d for a JW, three in one. There are only 144K who get into heaven. They work diligently to be one of the 144K. There is no law under Jesus Christ. Grace saves.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:07 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Well, there has always been a wide divergence of thought in Christianity. And Christianity has changed immensely over the millennia, particularly within the first few centuries the movement existed.

I'm not endorsing the particular beliefs of JWs or any other sect or denomination; just pointing out this fact.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Back a couple of years ago, I didn't really know how the JW's believed so for the fun of it, I invited some inside my house. I'm no Bible scholar but I know enough to what they say is totally man made. I asked a couple of times if they went by scripture and their answer was yes but when you start talking to them, they don't have a clue as to what they believe. They seem to have a belief system of what someone told them to say when visiting people in their houses. They're very good at dancing around specific questions.

They left me a copy of Watchtower magazine. I looked it over and it's about as scriptural as a piece of toast. They returned another time to discuss it with me. When I told them I didn't want to discuss it, that it wasn't Biblical, I could tell they were getting frustrated with me as they were trying to convince me and I wasn't taking the bait. They left. I didn't think they'd ever come back again but, to my surprise, I saw them pull up to a neighbors house. I never thought they'd come back to my house again. I was about half dressed as when I'm at home and not expecting anybody, I make myself comfortable. They ended up coming by and here I am in a not very modest outfit. We said our hellos. You could tell they were uncomfortable in what I was wearing as they told me that maybe now is not a good time for me to talk. I had to post that one on Facebook. It cracked me up. I should clear something up here....I'm not the type of woman to go to answer the door half clothed but I figured I'd have some fun and see how shocked they got by it. Now I know why God made cleavage.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM

15 posts, read 24,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
A prophet must be unerring 100% of the time. They don't have a great track record. There is no triune G-d for a JW, three in one. There are only 144K who get into heaven. They work diligently to be one of the 144K. There is no law under Jesus Christ. Grace saves.
They don't work to become one of the 144k, they beleive it is preordained. Heaven comes to the earth under Jesus rule after Armagheddon. the 144k get to go up and float around on clouds, the rest of us carry on down here.
They are non-trinitarian and don't celebrate holidays with pagan origins. Since virtually every modern holiday has pagan origins they are off. (except birthdays, I don't understand not celebrating birthdays and no JW has been able to convince me the bible teaches agains it). Since the trinity has pagan origins it falls under the same track. It is not biblically sound. Ask any pagan

Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchenry View Post
They don't work to become one of the 144k, they beleive it is preordained. Heaven comes to the earth under Jesus rule after Armagheddon. the 144k get to go up and float around on clouds, the rest of us carry on down here.
They are non-trinitarian and don't celebrate holidays with pagan origins. Since virtually every modern holiday has pagan origins they are off. (except birthdays, I don't understand not celebrating birthdays and no JW has been able to convince me the bible teaches agains it). Since the trinity has pagan origins it falls under the same track. It is not biblically sound. Ask any pagan
Pagans worship the SUN God not the only begotten SON of God - God manifest in the flesh. It is Satan's counterfeit "Savior" with Nimrod being the first deification manifest as Tammuz. The Bible specifically names Tammuz reverence as an abomination.

It is because true Christianity is NOT Pagan. Constantine married the "church" with the world it what you see now in Catholisicm but this is NOT Biblical Christianity. Just pick up a Bible and read. Christ is coming back to pluck up the Pagan obelisks (Malachi) at the Vatican and elsewhere.

I advise the JWs to continue in researching the truth. What Spiritual tribe are you from? You will never know because it is talking about PHYSICAL Israel. God will once again turn to them (romans 11:25) when the fullness of the gentiles come in.

No one "in Christ"is subject to bondage to ANY institution, but we are in LOVE bondage to Christ and others.

If someone is trying to put you in religious bondage to them RUN not walk. Jesus has the keys to Heaven not the Watchtower society who claim Jesus is in the secret chambers (Matt 24)

Old 06-19-2015, 11:47 AM

75 posts, read 51,443 times
This is the information age, everyone knows the trinity has its origin in paganism. So what! I don't have a problem with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Gotta give it up to Jehovah Witnesses-celtic-triad.jpg   Gotta give it up to Jehovah Witnesses-hindu-trinity.jpg   Gotta give it up to Jehovah Witnesses-pagan-gods-deities.jpg   Gotta give it up to Jehovah Witnesses-modern-triad.jpg  

Old 06-19-2015, 07:58 PM

Hell, where I come from if a bunny laid a brown egg, I would call it crap!!
Just saying...

Old 06-19-2015, 08:00 PM

I still eat the brown egg though, I like the dark ones. Makes me no difference...

Old 06-23-2015, 08:41 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
In my experience if you show them a few things they fold up and run away. They know their doctrine--but not scripture.
Christians should avoid debates. Some may interpret as "fold up and run away." -2 Timothy 2,23
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity