Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM

111 posts, read 180,663 times

Advertisements

I lost a key two days ago. I had searched for it in the place I usually put it and had absolutely no recollection where it possibly could be. I prayed for two days and this morning, when I least expected it, there it was on a keyring I never would have expected to find it on.

Thank you God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,580,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi miss Blue,
So sorry to hear about your house...but I wondering if you know about replacement insurance...
Hi sherry, it is really great talking to you again too We have replacement cost on our Home Owners Ins..But they do not pay out for flooding..We have have the govmt. sponsored National Food Insurance because we live in a 200 year flood plain..Guess his year was number 200..

TweedleDee, that was such a blessing about your key..Isn't it amazing how God hears the simplest pleas of the faithful

Old 06-18-2009, 05:37 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Hi sherry, it is really great talking to you again too We have replacement cost on our Home Owners Ins..But they do not pay out for flooding..We have have the govmt. sponsored National Food Insurance because we live in a 200 year flood plain..Guess his year was number 200..

TweedleDee, that was such a blessing about your key..Isn't it amazing how God hears the simplest pleas of the faithful
oh...didn't know that Miss Blue...
about the flood plains...
so, again, I learn from you

TweedleDee...even the little things are so Great...thanks for sharing.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:14 PM

14,941 posts, read 17,288,066 times
This is good news, Miss Blue!

I am thankful that school is out...for summer!! Yes! Now, I can recover from this past year No, I will miss the kids, but I am thankful for the summer break. God has also blessed me to be able to sponsor 2 more little girls. It is something that I have been wanting to do since I had to let some other children go, and I am thankful that God opened the door for it to happen again. Have a blessed night!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is good news, Miss Blue!

I am thankful that school is out...for summer!! Yes! Now, I can recover from this past year No, I will miss the kids, but I am thankful for the summer break. God has also blessed me to be able to sponsor 2 more little girls. It is something that I have been wanting to do since I had to let some other children go, and I am thankful that God opened the door for it to happen again. Have a blessed night!

First thing that popped into my head when I read this?
Want mine? Kids, that is...
lol...only kidding...but there are days..
but I thank the Lord daily for their presence in my life...
Glad to hear that you are sponsoring again Shana...

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM

14,941 posts, read 17,288,066 times
No, that's okay, Sherry ...I take them....from a distance You guys do all the hard work!! Thanks and God bless.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 AM

I love seeing the world through the things that God is doing...
This morning a couple came from Iowa (10 hour drive to here) to get a puppy that I was selling.
Yesterday my mother's yorkie was killed by a deer The dog had taken after the fawn and the doe got mad...
This yorkie meant so much to my mom and dad...
I've never seen people experience such grief over a pet...
Coincidences being what they are (actually I think there are not coincidences--for all is God)----the lady who was coming to buy my puppy brought her two yorkie puppies just to show me...
Long story short....I traded my puppy for hers and gave the yorkie to my mom who was fawning over the puppies while we were getting papers ready...
The happiness in her eyes is all I needed...
God is so good to us...what did we ever do to deserve such love...
I know that I, personally, always need to work on my faith...and work on always remembering Him first....

Old 06-20-2009, 10:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,580,622 times
Sherry, this is such a touching post about peoples love and attachment to their pets who I think are a very great gift of comfort and love from God to those who need it so much..
It reminded me of the time my mom was burying our beloved dog as we four very young brother and sisters stood around watching and crying..We had just conducted a "funeral" complete with singing..
As Mom was scooping the last bit of dirt from the shallow grave it seemed that out of nowhere a live,little blond puppy actually fell into the hole and another appeared and stood at the edge of the hole..
"Copper" and "Penny" became our beloved companions for many years

Old 06-20-2009, 11:24 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,141,416 times
God recently helped me stand up to unfairness----i was accused of something i did not really do,but i turned the other cheek and am now deciding with God's help whether i should continue in what can be a negative,spiritually challenging thing and maybe in the process do some positive things for others or go in another direction---i believe God will steer me in the right direction for He is always there trying to guide us

Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Sherry, this is such a touching post about peoples love and attachment to their pets who I think are a very great gift of comfort and love from God to those who need it so much..
It reminded me of the time my mom was burying our beloved dog as we four very young brother and sisters stood around watching and crying..We had just conducted a "funeral" complete with singing..
As Mom was scooping the last bit of dirt from the shallow grave it seemed that out of nowhere a live,little blond puppy actually fell into the hole and another appeared and stood at the edge of the hole..
"Copper" and "Penny" became our beloved companions for many years
Amazing story....
obvious that God was in your lives then..as He is now..
Love the names "Copper" and "Penny."
Isn't it great to watch Him work?
I am just in awe most of the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity